Opinion Round 2 No Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact wise grey is doing better balic in wafl level. Balic possession game is just not hurting opposition, a bit like o Meara vs adealaide . Grey might not be getting a lot of possession but his chase and pressure create turnover from the opposition team . Due to my limited English I recommend reading coulda peel report that is the best I had Read so far .
I think Grey has a case too, but I think he's affected by being a rookie who will need to be upgraded and Croz being ahead of him, and Croz not showing enough at WAFL level at the moment. So Grey is stuck waiting.

I ******* despair of Ross's conservatism too and I think it will be the undoing of him, but if players on the edge of the 22 get toey, the best way they will get into a football side, either ours or another's, is to play excellent football week in and out, and Balic is the only one doing that at the moment.
Hughes, Collins, Balic and Grey have all been very consistent through pre-season and in the WAFL games. I'd personally say they've been more consistent than most of the Freo team through JLT and Round 1. Croz has been inconsistent but as we all keep saying, he showed something at half back late last year but he hasn't trained/played there this year.

PS. Notice how Hughes becomes the travelling emergency and instantly goes out of the conversation all together?

Hughes, Collins, Balic and Grey have all been very consistent through pre-season and in the WAFL games. I'd personally say they've been more consistent than most of the Freo team through JLT and Round 1. Croz has been inconsistent but as we all keep saying, he showed something at half back late last year but he hasn't trained/played there this year.

PS. Notice how Hughes becomes the travelling emergency and instantly goes out of the conversation all together?
People are posting that Croz hasn't been given enough of a run at it, but that's rubbish. He's had several good runs at it over the years and he starts well, stringing a couple of games together, but then goes missing. That's why we was dropped before being slotted into HB last year when injury to other players deemed it necessary. And even then he started to go missing right before his injury and Weller went there. The guy is just coasting through his footy career and I think that reflects on why he's not featured more prominently this year. He's one player I'd be happy to see if we can get something for from Richmond.

Hughes I would give a go but he'd be considered behind Spurr and Ibbo. Spurr is old but he's obviously considered a leader. Ibbo played well against the Cats. But Hughes is obviously on the cusp.

I forgot about Collins and don't know why he didn't play in the JLT series but it's a mystery when his only obvious competition is Dawson, who is old.

So no Collins, Grey & Balic... but he plays Suban and Tabener

What the....?

Who would you upgrade after todays Peel game. The strong South Freo side found out the youngsters. They aren't ready yet . Been saying that for weeks. Grey was OK but not upgrade material. Sheridan know where near it, Collins had his hands full down back, Ryan did some nice things but a long way off fitness wise. Crosier was part of both worlds today ,either great or s**t. Tabs couldn't do a thing right kick wise and Balic was the best but turned it over. They made it easy for the match committee to say we were right to give you another week at Peel.
From the 3 quarters I saw at Peel yesterday I fully support your comments but on a more positive note it was good to see the Dockers injured were there in force to watch their teammates.

If they can't measure up against solid WAFL players yet whats the chance of them holding their own against AFL players. What part of they aren't ready yet dont you understand.
Other side of the coin, if they are regular AFLplayers and they can't measure up against solid AFL players? The difference
is that the kids haven't hit any ceiling, may float or sink but we wont know until tried. Any debut is a risk, but with youth
comes exuberance, something lacking at the minute.
Freo looked best last year when we finally admitted we were in rebuild, one debut every so often is good for team
morale.

Other side of the coin, if they are regular AFLplayers and they can't measure up against solid AFL players? The difference
is that the kids haven't hit any ceiling, may float or sink but we wont know until tried. Any debut is a risk, but with youth
comes exuberance, something lacking at the minute.
Freo looked best last year when we finally admitted we were in rebuild, one debut every so often is good for team
morale.

If you think Cox ,Strad, Logue are AFL ready fine play them but get ready for shattered confidence and possible injury. I dont think any club looks at a sink or swim philosophy as being the right way to map out a young players career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think Cox ,Strad, Logue are AFL ready fine play them but get ready for shattered confidence and possible injury. I dont think any club looks at a sink or swim philosophy as being the right way to map out a young players career.
I do think strad is ready , but prefer him to learn his craft with peel without the distraction of sherriden,Tab and possible suban. I willing to accept d.pearce,ibbo and spurr to slot into peel team to help develop some young players.like deboer,GU ,silvagni do to blakely, Langdon and tucker. Tab getting lot of ball ,with cox and stranidica not is not healthy as everybody just kicking to him instead of looking at better option.

Hard to explain why so many clubs have already played youngsters this season then. But of course Ross has got it all mapped out and guys like Suban, Dawson, Sutcliffe, Pearce and Griffen are going to become key pillars of a future premiership side....

If they can't measure up against solid WAFL players yet whats the chance of them holding their own against AFL players. What part of they aren't ready yet dont you understand.

Quite a few of our guys measured up against solid WAFL players and AFL listed players in Rd 1. The strange thing is, Suban didn't but he got promoted.

There is no doubt players like cox,strnadica,Darcy need more time to develop in wafl but youngsters in Hughes,Collins,logue,balic should be getting games ahead of guys like Dawson,ibbotson,sutcliffe,suban to move forward as a team.

I perfectly understand what your opinion .You think Dawson is our best defender lol I disagree so we are going to have to agree to disagree. I also think the majority of the public would disagree too.but that's just my thought
Do I?

As I said, comprehension clearly isn't a strength of yours, and frankly I think you're just being intentonally obtuse and argumentative for the sake of it.

Having a discussion without resorting to personal attacks obviously isn't yours.

Perhaps you could ease up on abusing other forum posters for disagreeing with you, because at this point most people do.

It doesn't do anything to strengthen your argument if you just go around calling everyone who disagrees with you stupid. It just makes you look like a whiny child.
And quoting every post I make just makes you look salty at having your nose rubbed in it.

There is no doubt players like cox,strnadica,Darcy need more time to develop in wafl but youngsters in Hughes,Collins,logue,balic should be getting games ahead of guys like Dawson,ibbotson,sutcliffe,suban to move forward as a team.
Balic in three games for Peel averaging around thirty disposals. Jack Darling pick 26, debut first game next
year.
Balic has been here two years, what else is there to say?

People are posting that Croz hasn't been given enough of a run at it, but that's rubbish. He's had several good runs at it over the years and he starts well, stringing a couple of games together, but then goes missing. That's why we was dropped before being slotted into HB last year when injury to other players deemed it necessary. And even then he started to go missing right before his injury and Weller went there.

No, he didn't. The game before he got injured he had 24 touches, 10 marks and 7 inside 50s and a goal to be one of our best players in a team that got flogged. http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-fremantle-dockers--hayden-crozier?year=2016

You are just imagining things to suit your biases.

And quoting every post I make just makes you look salty at having your nose rubbed in it.

Not sure what you think you're rubbing my nose in. You're just being a dick to everyone because you can't handle people disagreeing with you.

Balic in three games for Peel averaging around thirty disposals. Jack Darling pick 26, debut first game next
year.
Balic has been here two years, what else is there to say?

To be fair he's been injured for most of his time at the club.

Not sure what you think you're rubbing my nose in. You're just being a dick to everyone because you can't handle people disagreeing with you.
Says the guy doing the cyber stalking because his ego is rocked.

Gtfo or get blocked, no time for Iodine defficients.

Do I?

As I said, comprehension clearly isn't a strength of yours, and frankly I think you're just being intentonally obtuse and argumentative for the sake of it.
I'm not arguing just stating my opinion .isn't that what this bigfooty thing is all about? You can have your opinion too. It doesn't mean we have to agree. It also doesn't mean you have to have a go at everyone. Hence why everyone quotes your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back