Preview Round 2: Port Adelaide v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting seeing Carlton posters put a lot more emphasis on Melbourne being poor than us playing well.

So in order to play as well as they did, they ran 23 more kilometres...all of which were sprint efforts on the fast break on turnover (hence the high attack speed).

They are basically Port Adelaide 2013.

I think Carlton will have a better year than many have predicted and I've said that I believe they will finish closer to Adelaide than Adelaide fans will like (they've got a real great shot of beating the Crows actually)...but this week is a bridge too far. Concentrate on beating a slow side like Sydney next week.

What do you think is going to happen to all those teams that are burning themselves out? Even Brisbane did almost double the amount of sprinting that we did.

yep :moustache:;)

Overall I'm keeping my powder dry still. 1 win doesn't equal form.

I think this year we are going to be delighted with "unexpected" wins like last week and disappointed when old habits from old heads slip up - combined with youthful mistakes - cause us to lose games we should otherwise dominate.

That being said I still can't see Carlton getting close.

Port by 20-30 for folded arms
Port by 30-50 for accepting smile
50+ for cheerful grin

One thing Carlton will have to be wary of is letting Port players get goal-side of them at stoppages and occasionally around the ground. Melbourne did not do this very well, probably expecting Gawn to start winning more Hit Outs to Advantage but that never eventuated.

If Kreuzer doesn't play, Carlton should be setting up their stoppages very defensively (probably Cripps hunts the ball, everyone else monitors their man), otherwise we might score pretty heavily again from this source - like we did in Rd 1.

Hello

It looks like our wishes align this weekend

I would very much like it if you smashed Carlton into oblivion, beat them by 15 goals and made SOS and Bolton cry on national TV

Marshall to kick 10, Rockliff to follow up last week with another BOG, etc etc

Please do it, i want the week's discussion on the football shows to be "Port v Carlton: should there be a mercy rule?"

Please ****. THEM. UP.

So best of luck!

regards
deaneus

I hope we beat them by 90 points again but the Swans beat your mob by 91 ;)

Bloody he'll it's weird in here at the moment.

So I guess back to the game. Hopefully unchanged this week, if Wines is good to go them I would give him the extra week, just too important long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I guess back to the game. Hopefully unchanged this week, if Wines is good to go them I would give him the extra week, just too important long term.

Agree with giving wines an extra week, however if they play him, I can see Drew being dropped for Wines. It’s a bit unfair, he was the best rookie last week. Can’t see Hartlett back this week, so unchanged makes sense.

You want wierd... read the death riding Carlton thread on the Crows board.

Having them cheering for us is wierd enough.

Having them suggest that if we win big we will feel conflicted because it helps their chances of a higher pic takes the cake.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You want wierd... read the death riding Carlton thread on the Crows board.

Having them cheering for us is wierd enough.

Having them suggest that if we win big we will feel conflicted because it helps their chances of a higher pic takes the cake.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Spelling weird as wierd really isn't helping matters. (Soz)

Hoff should towel Weitering, that match-up along has me licking my lips. The only match-ups I see us struggling with are Curnow and McGovern in their forward-line and Cripps in the middle. Send SPP to at least physically contest Cripps and nullify his influence and that's half the battle.

Carlton will get up a few times this year and surprise a few, but I still think we go in expecting to win even if they put up a valiant effort, which I expect nothing less of from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back