Preview Round 2: Port Adelaide v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice word mate, I had to look it up.
I didn't know "infelicitous" either. However, I got it right away. In Portuguese, we say "infeliz" ("unhappy") in this sense.

Nicks will have GWS cooked by half way through the season just like he did with us. His full field defence is s**t because he wants certain players to be responsible for certain zones. That's why you had players who had the opportunity to make at play at the ball ignoring it and running back into defence all the time...******* useless.

Montgomery says "I don't care who picks up a zone, as long as you pick one up." That's why you have players who have the opportunity to make a play at the ball actually going for it while other players (who may be midfielders/forwards) doing the rushing back.
And that's why you get an occasional mismatch like DBJ caught in a marking contest with Tom McDonald on a turnover. The occasional mismatch like this is a small price to pay for a system that's far more effective overall.

And that's why you get an occasional mismatch like DBJ caught in a marking contest with Tom McDonald on a turnover. The occasional mismatch like this is a small price to pay for a system that's far more effective overall.

That’s why when you’re looking at the draft, we want players who are tall and athletic - so they can get to the contest firstly and secondly not be exploited.

Basically the dream key position player would be a Westhoff type, and the dream general player would be a Cripps type.

Incredibly nervous going into this game....
Loose this one and it last week means nothing and sets us back to zero
Can the young guys step up again?
Will watts play as well without the incentive of his old team?
Can rockliff keep up his form or revert back to last year?
So much can go wrong this week and a win will be seen as "only" carlton

Should we bother tagging Cripps? Let the mids just battle it out - would be a spectacle to watch!

Hoff to finally get a milestone win

Port by ‘39’

Big ask for a 2nd gamer, I’d send SPP to him, not a hard tag but make him accountable and go head to head.
Nah im not keen on either of those two taking cripps if you want to lock down on cripps id look to ebert, cripps will touch spp and drew. That being said i would tag him at all. Go head to head back our midfield in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys best of luck tmoz.
I think you'll get up but just hope we make a decent game of it.
I assume we'll all be cheering on the Swans tonight.
Any chance you could let us sneak a win? We'll return the favour at some stage.....would just like to see the Crows loose their s**t for a week or so.:)

Hey guys best of luck tmoz.
I think you'll get up but just hope we make a decent game of it.
I assume we'll all be cheering on the Swans tonight.
Any chance you could let us sneak a win? We'll return the favour at some stage.....would just like to see the Crows loose their s**t for a week or so.:)
No.

I feel that the team is disciplined because the gameplan is clear and exciting for them. They have been given permission to hunt and win.
Richmond and Collingwood was an abysmal game. Collingwood was off there game and Richmond looked putrid. Carlton couldn't take advantage of that and I really can't see them improving if they go into the game thinking that they are not in for the fight of their lives. I could be wrong but I'm more scared of other teams

Farrell the emergency being held back from the sanfl.

Port to play holistic defence.

"We won't change too much about the way we defend," Montgomery said.
"It's certainly their group against our group, rather than a one versus one match-up.
"The game's changed a lot around that.
"Our defence is more of a holistic view; how can we cover their six or seven forwards with our six or seven backs?
"I don't think you'll see too many match-ups stick for the entire game."

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-03-29/montgomery-our-defence-is-more-of-a-holistic-view

Remove this Banner Ad

Back