Preview Round 2 - Port Adelaide vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I gotta say, if this gets as ugly as I'm expecting it to, 8:30 on ABC1 in Melbourne Sunday night is the Melbourne Comedy Gala......nothing like a marvellous set of laughs to make the footy tears disappear.

I can't quite put my finger on it but my desire to see a win tomorrow suddenly got a whole lot stronger.
Is very possible after the troll , thank for deleted them . All our star players need to get the ball and attack . scoreboard pressure , kick goal. Behind will definitely kill a team confident Tab totally kill the peel team kicking so many behind when the game is still tight .

Is very possible after the troll , thank for deleted them . All our star players need to get the ball and attack . scoreboard pressure , kick goal. Behind will definitely kill a team confident Tab totally kill the peel team kicking so many behind when the game is still tight .

They're definitely beatable, if we're just "adequate" tomorrow we'll be in with a chance. As you say, converting our chances will be the most important thing.

They're definitely beatable, if we're just "adequate" tomorrow we'll be in with a chance. As you say, converting our chances will be the most important thing.
I do believe in momentum after today peel game.

Well after watching Peel play today if anyone thinking that Taberner , Sheridan or Crozier should be playing tomorrow then you will be waiting a long time .
Brady grey and Collins were the only 2 positives to come out of the game . He and Collins seriously put their hands up as possible replacements.

Well after watching Peel play today if anyone thinking that Taberner , Sheridan or Crozier should be playing tomorrow then you will be waiting a long time .
Brady grey and Collins were the only 2 positives to come out of the game . He and Collins seriously put their hands up as possible replacements.
Balic had close to 30 again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will for the third year in a row, realise that they aren't very good. They are almost as good as Richmond at building up hope - they are just better at coming up with excuses for their sub-standard performances.
Excuses!
The reason we've been struggling the last 2yrs is because we weren't good enough but there's a few other reasons
1...a stubborn coach
2...a flawed gameplan with no option B because of point 1
3...a coach who has favourites that get picked no matter what.

Our respective situations are eerily similar. WCE/Crows are templates of each other. Born to a monopoly, pandered and pampered
to obscenity while masquerading as a football club when in fact they're corporate bodies. They both began with de facto state team squads so struggle street is not in their directory. Over here we have to fight for our oxygen against a media so heavily skewed
that it beggars belief. I look at your situation with empathy and sympathy. I don't know if you get a fair go in your media or not.
If you didn't it wouldn't surprise me and if you do maybe you're more mature over there.
All the best for 2017 but only after today.

Excuses!
The reason we've been struggling the last 2yrs is because we weren't good enough but there's a few other reasons
1...a stubborn coach

Our respective situations are eerily similar. WCE/Crows are templates of each other. Born to a monopoly, pandered and pampered
to obscenity while masquerading as a football club when in fact they're corporate bodies. They both began with de facto state team squads so struggle street is not in their directory. Over here we have to fight for our oxygen against a media so heavily skewed
that it beggars belief. I look at your situation with empathy and sympathy. I don't know if you get a fair go in your media or not.
If you didn't it wouldn't surprise me and if you do maybe you're more mature over there.
All the best for 2017 but only after today.
Don't take it too personally, I like Port. I'm not sure about the SA media (because I don't hear/see it) but I do find you guys are at least respected by the Victorian media. We get treated with absolute disdain and probably will continue to until we finally win a premiership. Every year we hear how you guys are going to compete because of your great list but then it never eventuates - that's all I was getting at (and because we had a Port supporting troll on our forum when I posted it). I don't think your list is that great tbh. And your midfield seems fairly over-rated, hence why I think our injury ravaged team managed to beat you guys last year. If our whole midfield turns up today and we have at least one forward turn up (unlike last week) this game might not go the way the vast majority expect it to. But I can't see our new team gelling enough yet and our back line ball movement is appalling so our midfield would have to completely dominate to get the win. Best of luck today.

I don't think your list is that great tbh.
Fair cop. We've recruited well the last 3yrs with players who are showing promise in our Magpies team.
Clangers are an issue for us and part of the reason is Hinkley's helter skelter brand of play on at all costs.
He honed this from Geelong who had more naturally gifted players than us. He has changed things up a bit this year
because he had to, his job is on the line and he knows it. What drives many of us tragics mad is his favourtism to
under performing players.
Anyway a great day for footy here. Dry 20 degrees and no wind.

Excuses!
1...a stubborn coach

I liked your post because I thought you were talking about Freo then I saw the prison bars in your avi.

The 3pts that were listed in my post I thought might resonate with Dockers' fans and Lyon.
As I noted our situations are eerily similar.

Only difference is that Lyon actually is the better coach and his game plan in the past worked.

Whereas Phil Walsh was the real coach behind Ports game plan success before his death.

We seem to want to control the pace of the game but don't have the skills across the board to do that.

Which makes us go slowly.

Which, in turn, places more pressure on foot skills.

I think the only way we see any sort of success this season is if we recognise that we are not capable of executing a precision game plan.

In other words, we should be thinking of ourselves as a mace, not a surgeon's scalpel.

We seem to want to control the pace of the game but don't have the skills across the board to do that.

Which makes us go slowly.

Which, in turn, places more pressure on foot skills.

I think the only way we see any sort of success this season is if we recognise that we are not capable of executing a precision game plan.

In other words, we should be thinking of ourselves as a mace, not a surgeon's scalpel.
So much this. I'm happy to play surgically defensively but as soon as we take possession I am all for bringing out the big mace. Although we need one hand on it always ready to strike when we do intercept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back