Preview Round 2 - Port Adelaide vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoroughly agree. RTB played the third oldest side last week and i'm assuming it will be the third oldest this week. They looked old and slow. What to Port do they add more speed with the addition of Impey. There could be method in his madness by giving certain players another outing to justify why they should be playing for Peel next Sat April 8th. This won't help us win the game on Sunday. I don't think RTB has fully embraced the need to re wire/Re Plumb/ Re boot and he keeps going for a more mature looking side. reasonable games need to be played by Balic, Tabs, Crozier, Sheridan at Peel on Sat V Soufs and they will all be in next week because the same serial turnover merchants will be making it very difficult for us to win. Also Port will run us ragged unless
RTB can conjure up a low scoring 100 min scrap

Absolutely.

This away game has the potential to get very ugly - with the only exception I can think of is that the boys suddenly become exceptional shots in front of goal and nail every single shot - even then when do Freo score 80 points or above...

Absolutely.

This away game has the potential to get very ugly - with the only exception I can think of is that the boys suddenly become exceptional shots in front of goal and nail every single shot - even then when do Freo score 80 points or above...

The upside will be that we will get some fabulous posts in the melt thread on Sunday night. :oops:

I know what I should do on Sunday watch 1st half and skip the second half and seach for positive thread in BF before the melt . :)

reasonable games need to be played by Balic, Tabs, Crozier, Sheridan at Peel on Sat V Soufs ...

Except Tabs probably won't play WAFL because he'll probably travel as the emergency tall. Which is a shame -- he's better off playing for Peel than being named as an emergency. I'm guessing Hughes will travel since Sheridan didn't play last weekend and it couldn't do him any good to be a non-playing emergency two weeks in a row.

2 slow lumbering ruckmen, wtf
351422_af5c433dc5851cb3ec9f2df51240da80.jpg

Reality is... I don't know what it is, but old Ross has been scared of change for a long time. I said it while we were contending – you have to cut the bottom two or three performers to at least send a message, and at best elevate the bottom tier. Nowadays he's quite simply sticking with his little favourites. I'm not sure how much longer it can last. The team was just flat on Sunday. Nobody showed anything. We were lucky Geelong looked like total s**t too otherwise we would've been giving a hiding – I genuinely fear what even a shite side like Richmond could do to Freo.

I thought the penny might have dropped last year...evidently not. It's a fantastic asset to believe so strongly in your players, but not when they've delivered you an 18 loss season previously and then looked barely WAFL standard in Rd 1.

Why is this thread full of unfunny images from Port supporters? I wouldn't mind if they were slightly humorous or clever but they aren't. I know the king of bad breakfast comedy is their President but c'mon, do we have to endure it on our board? Mods, can they be removed please?
We're only trying to help with your match preview thread :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I'm fine with an unchanged side

After rewatching last weeks game with a cool head I honestly don't think it's as bad as the scoreboard (or some people on here) would have you believe

A lot of things we did wrong can be fixed easily from one game to the next and I wouldn't be surprised if we see some rapid improvement

I think we'll go in unchanged or maybe 1 change maximum and will improve on last week. Port by 8 pts though.

Sticking by my thoughts earlier in the week. We'll improve but ultimately we'll be held back by a lack of class and Port will just get over us.

We'll see some changes for Rd 3. Hopefully Balic, Croz, Grey and Logue get through the Peel game unscathed because they'll be the ones looked at imo.

Unchanged?

Seriously?

My god, words cannot express my absolute pure disdain for that call.

I know I'm not paid $1 million a year to coach but *, even I can tell that Kersten shouldn't be anywhere near Adelaide this weekend. What a shambolic non-call by Ross, absolute shambles.

What's worse: being a Freo fan who used to s**t on my predictions and thoughts on Ross who now knows I'm right

Or;

A Poort fan who has had four s**t years and still celebrates flags in a competition that was always third tier and gets on BF pissed and trolls a bad team.

Always knew Port Adelaide fans were twats as soon as they all started worshipping a shock jock who loves hearing about people dying in natural disasters. Classic.

What's worse: being a Freo fan who used to s**t on my predictions and thoughts on Ross who now knows I'm right

Or;

A Poort fan who has had four s**t years and still celebrates flags in a competition that was always third tier and gets on BF pissed and trolls a bad team.

Always knew Port Adelaide fans were twats as soon as they all started worshipping a shock jock who loves hearing about people dying in natural disasters. Classic.
The SANFL has always been third tier?

Not expecting a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back