Game Day Round 2: Prison Bars @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Where's the game day thread at?!?

I'm expecting a high scoring shootout today, midfield battle should be epic. I like Boak as the sub, that will be something completely different.

This time last week I would have given us very little chance of winning this, but after that performance against Brisbane, I'm going to say Port by 6 points in a cracker.

Wouldn't be surprised in a pies big win or us winning by plenty. Hard game to read. I think Port 28. Hinkley will provide the expected disappointment further into the year when its a really important game with expectations.

Can't wait to watch our younger boys playing at the G

Port to win by 25 points. Jeremy Howe is a big out for the pies.
Rozee bog
Fanta will slot five
Butters a lazy 30 possies

Heading to the game from rural VIC with our young kids. Can't wait, I think it'll be an epic game.
Decided this morning I'll wear the prison bars today, but it's not a spiteful action, I respect Jeff Browne for having the gall to call kochie and resolve the PB issue because he honours our rich history as footy club.
I'm wearing the PB today in support of progression and growth, which are the trademark components which forged our pathway into the AFL from the start.
Brushing off all the bull**** that's been entangled in our history since then, it was another administrators belief in growth and progression that allows us to continue our journey more closely as the club and history we all identify with.

I am not expecting a shoot out and hope that we blunt their run and when we get a run we bury them. Maximising our goal efficiency will be the key.

Hinkley needs to maintain the rage from the Freo trial otherwise we will start asleep like we did in most of 2022. Enough should never be good enough.

Nervously confident.

A win by anything.
Jr to walk in a gaol from the square unopposed at least twice.
Jordan De Goey to have a Jason Horne Francis tattoo by the end of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feels Collingwood at the MCG could be the hardest task in the game this year.

However the brand from last week repeated & you just never know.. pleasantly surprise me again Ports

The confidence our young players would get from knocking off the Pies at the MCG is second only to beating Geelong at Kardinia.

Looking forward to this one, always love watching our boys @MCG and feel like we have a good record (maybe memory bias)

One thing I'd say in the "rivalry" though, is since we joined this comp, there's been a sort of narrative that Freo are our brothers in arms and Collingwood fierce rivals.

I've never subscribed.

Perhaps if Freo were an overt merger of the two Freo sides (red and blue makes purple?) I'd get it. But I sort of grew up in the Cahill-Phillips-Choco-Abernathy era where it felt like they were just another option across the border.

Anyways on to the game. We'll be too strong through the mid, Ports by 25.

Go well lads.

Kill the crowd noise early please.

Couple of things that Hartlett said on SEN yesterday that caught my attention/concerned me:

1. We won’t go toe-to-toe with Collingwood in an attacking game. We’ll try to get the balance right and slow them down.

I hope we don’t overthink and complicate our game plan today. It’s the natural instincts of moving the ball on quickly that led to our forwards dominating last week.

2. Dixon (and others) were on edge last week and had a point to prove after the Freo loss.

I hope that doesn’t mean that our guys will go in less on edge this week, which has been typical of our inconsistent attitude, mindset and intensity in past seasons.

I agree with JimmyBC that the Pies at the Gee is up there as a tough weekend for any team.

Of course I want the boys to win but am also interested how the structures hold up, how the young midfield goes, how our 2 way running capacity is and just the overall ticker of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back