AFLW Round 2, QClash. Lions v Suns @ Hickey Park. - 2:10pm Local time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think we've been shafted here? Two top three opponents in rounds 1 & 2.

At this rate we'll get North Melbourne next week.

Anyone else think we've been shafted here? Two top three opponents in rounds 1 & 2.

Yeah hope that seeing they are doing the fixture on the run it might end up making sure we get the likes of Geelong , Richmond and West Coast later in the season

Unfortunately, worrying signs from the last week were confirmed. It looks like we actually regressed from last year. Some older players struggle, some young players still not up to it.

The team reminds me boys in Dew’s first year. Physically not up to it, every ball forward is a terrible hack. No link up, no confidence. I would love to know DE for the game but at HT it was below 40%!

Commentators were embarrassing. Goddard has definitely a grudge against SUNS. She missed out on the SUNS job and one can sense it. The male, I don’t bother to find his name, comments every play like it’s a grand final and the game is on the line. Embarrassing.

I feel for our defenders, Pregelj and Ahrens, they were actually pretty good. The biggest positive for me was Levi. Single also looks like she will be a player. Bella also improved from the first round.

A bit surprised that SUNS cut Taylor Smith. We could use a tall link up forward.

A big black mark for AFL from me to schedule this game at 2pm. There were terribly oppressive conditions today in Brisbane, 35 degrees. I could understand the last week when Melbourne flied in/out but today forcing the girls to play in these conditions is criminal. I struggled just to walk from the house to the pool :)

SUNS are probably the worst team at the moment. Let’s see how Eagles go.

2021 is now officially a development year for SUNS :)

Cheer up girls.

Unfortunately, worrying signs from the last week were confirmed. It looks like we actually regressed from last year. Some older players struggle, some young players still not up to it.

The team reminds me boys in Dew’s first year. Physically not up to it, every ball forward is a terrible hack. No link up, no confidence. I would love to know DE for the game but at HT it was below 40%!

Commentators were embarrassing. Goddard has definitely a grudge against SUNS. She missed out on the SUNS job and one can sense it. The male, I don’t bother to find his name, comments every play like it’s a grand final and the game is on the line. Embarrassing.

I feel for our defenders, Pregelj and Ahrens, they were actually pretty good. The biggest positive for me was Levi. Single also looks like she will be a player. Bella also improved from the first round.

A bit surprised that SUNS cut Taylor Smith. We could use a tall link up forward.

A big black mark for AFL from me to schedule this game at 2pm. There were terribly oppressive conditions today in Brisbane, 35 degrees. I could understand the last week when Melbourne flied in/out but today forcing the girls to play in these conditions is criminal. I struggled just to walk from the house to the pool :)

Cheer up girls.
Jason Bennett is his name.. I don't like him either.. I've had to put up with him throughout the VFL coverage......

The schedule is the least of SUNS worries. In both games SUNS did not look physically up to it and were not able to execute anything close to a plan/structure.

Cheer up girls.
53% DE, EFF inside 50 40% 6 shots from 15 inside 50's.

1 mark inside 50 v 22 Lions.
4 tackles inside 50 v 14 Lions.

Won the clearances and hitouts, but means nothing if you don't do everything else.

Lions ran in packs, linked up. Suns didn't.

53% DE, EFF inside 50 40% 6 shots from 15 inside 50's.

1 mark inside 50 v 22 Lions.
4 tackles inside 50 v 14 Lions.

Won the clearances and hitouts, but means nothing if you don't do everything else.

Lions ran in packs, linked up. Suns didn't.
Thanks for that. Too early but at the moment Lions are for me right at the top together with North. Very impressive teams physically and how they execute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that. Too early but at the moment Lions are for me right at the top together with North. Very impressive teams physically and how they execute.
They were very impressive. 2018 form-like.

They are now on top of the ladder.

btw, the womens app is handy for stats if you're interested.

The schedule is the least of SUNS worries. In both games SUNS did not look physically up to it and were not able to execute anything close to a plan/structure.

There seemed to be not much of a game plan today and structuring was woeful trying to flood the backline and still not being able to take possession

Continually fumbled lack of effort by some of last years top players, no fast runners, dump kicking long to opponents it’s like they spent the week in isolation and not trained

I’ve only watched bits of our first two games but it really looks like we’ve gone backwards compared to last year. Girls look slow, and sloppy with their skills. Last year we played with dare, dash and a dose of skill.

Pretty sure that the Demons and the Lions are not in the top 3.....
They have both played the Tigers (still winless) and the Suns (lowest score ever, just beating out the Tigers 3 pt score).

Based on last year and 2 games this year, has to be Crows, North, and Freo until they get beat by someone else.

....anyway, not a great sign for the Suns.

Pretty sure that the Demons and the Lions are not in the top 3.....
They have both played the Tigers (still winless) and the Suns (lowest score ever, just beating out the Tigers 3 pt score).

Based on last year and 2 games this year, has to be Crows, North, and Freo until they get beat by someone else.

....anyway, not a great sign for the Suns.
Agree with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back