Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Yep and 4 would be it.
Probably the best for the Hawks too. If we went 5 or 6 years that would take him right up to free agency (assuming they lower the time to eligiblity). While we'd like to think he wouldn't ever consider leaving in the future, you never know. 4 years and then if he's the superstar we suspect he'll be that's when we can make the huge deal to lock him in until he's 30.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Im loving Clarko's pressers. Every time he gets asked about Burton he talks about all the kids doing well. But you just know he wants to jump up and down 'Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch' style at having a kid who is every bit as good at this stage as our top recruits from 2001 and 2004 were.

Such incredible composure from someone so young, who missed so much football. At least a dozen other clubs will be looking at him and wondering why they didnt look closer and just put a cross through him because of his injury.

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Im loving Clarko's pressers. Every time he gets asked about Burton he talks about all the kids doing well. But you just know he wants to jump up and down 'Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch' style at having a kid who is every bit as good at this stage as our top recruits from 2001 and 2004 were.

Such incredible composure from someone so young, who missed so much football. At least a dozen other clubs will be looking at him and wondering why they didnt look closer and just put a cross through him because of his injury.
Wonder when Barrett will do an article like the POS one he wrote about Hartung vs Merrett.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Teams will start playing defensive forwards on him soon. Our best rebounding defender and possibly our best user of the footy full stop

La Vache

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
flyers, suns
There is a bit of a young Leppitsch in the way he defends and his mindset. Leppitsch was beaten for strength quite a bit when he first went back but was always looking to break lines, backed himself to meet the ball first in the air and had no issue with attempting audacious 55 metre lasers on either foot from deep and dark places.

Burton is not the athlete leppa was but he is clearly a top shelf talent possessing high self belief.

I am prepared for a couple of matches from him this year where a forward will get hold of him but as long as his mentality does not change he will win more duels than not.

detox

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I feel a bit bad for all of backing him for the Rising Star. Very deserving at the moment, no argument from me at all. But unlikely to win due to it being voted on by clueless buffoons like Luke Darcy.
I got him for the RS too.

He was still 6th favourite and in the 20s this week, quite staggering considering he is the best performed eligable kid.

If he isnt into single digits this week id be surprised

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i have said it 10 times already and i will say it again get this kid on ball!

yes i know he is getting groomed for the hodge & silk role but he could be anything.

Cynic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2006
Not Blank
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I got him for the RS too.

He was still 6th favourite and in the 20s this week, quite staggering considering he is the best performed eligable kid.

If he isnt into single digits this week id be surprised

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have him at too at stupid odds but just feel he'll get over looked for a midfielder so don't want to get excited :(

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
4 of our next 5 are either Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. Plays well in them and the media will be all over him.

Has probably gone under the radar a bit because of the timeslots we have had so far and because he missed round 1

They brought him up on the Sunday footy show on how well he is playing and they gave him second BOG votes in the Haw v Bris game.

Needs to spend more time midfield. That way we may get another Brownlow winner.

i have said it 10 times already and i will say it again get this kid on ball!

yes i know he is getting groomed for the hodge & silk role but he could be anything.
Patience grasshoppers, patience. It will happen :cool:

Back