Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did get a whole paragraph on him on AFL.com's weekly "things we learned" article

Written by Ash Browne, a Hawks man
7. Hawks got it right with Ryan
Hawk youngster Ryan Burton was fetching as much as $23 for the NAB AFL Rising Star Award before Saturday's win over the Brisbane Lions. But after a slashing 25-possession display at the University of Tasmania Stadium, those odds were slashed in half and rightfully so. After missing the season opener, Burton has fitted seamlessly into the Hawthorn backline where his sound judgement and excellent disposal has come to the fore. He won the weekly nomination in round two and if this form persists, will be right in the running come the end of the season. Hawthorn supporters love Burton and his development has cheered them considerably given how the season has panned put to date. He is shaping as a worthy and deserved No.5 at the club and like the champion who wore it before him, the midfield surely beckons at some stage. - Ashley Browne

I'm just going to say it, he is the best kick of the sherrin I have ever seen. Nobody in my 35 years of life have ever had the weight, penetration and lead this boy has. His kicks arrive on target, on time and exactly where it should be every time.
I still think Suckling is the best ever in terms of what he can do, but he looses points for consistency.

I'd take 20 vanilla kicks on target, over suckers 14 spectacular kicks 3 floaters and 3 shanks.

Is Clayton Oliver eligible to win the rising star this year if he was nominated last year? Does he have to be nominated again to win it this year?

Because he's the only one I can see stealing the award from Burto going off this year's form so far.

Is Clayton Oliver eligible to win the rising star this year if he was nominated last year? Does he have to be nominated again to win it this year?

Because he's the only one I can see stealing the award from Burto going off this year's form so far.
He's already played too many games prior to the season starting to qualify again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to think the hoards said he had to play forward:rolleyes:
Just like the numbats who said Sicily was a lock in the backlineo_O

Darren Jarman. Could make the ball sing.

Was the best kick in open play off either side I have ever seen.

I still remember a day out at VFL park when Dunstall was leading up to the members wing and Jars hit him with a 40 metre bullet that didn't get more than about 3 metres off the ground. Bung marked it on his chest and remember, from the other wing, hearing this enormous thud. After the game the report summary included:

Injuries: Dunstall (bruised sternum)

Into single digits now!

Fourth behind McGrath, Marchbank & Powell-Pepper.
And that's only because more money has come in for those guys over the long term. The fact Burton has come in so much over such a relatively short amount of time means there is HUGE money coming in to say he is the best right now.

I'm tipping him for the trifecta this year. Rising Star, Brownlow and Norm Smith for 2017.
I remain hopeful that the team can help him out!

I'm just going to say it, he is the best kick of the sherrin I have ever seen. Nobody in my 35 years of life have ever had the weight, penetration and lead this boy has. His kicks arrive on target, on time and exactly where it should be every time.
Yep, also reminds me of Nathan Buckley in that way.

Just needs to be talked up a bit more in the media. Derm was doing a great job on Fox during the Lions game. Love how Derm is actually super bias but will occasionally put some token criticisms of the Hawks in to give a veneer of objectivity!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back