Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
I'm just going to say it, he is the best kick of the sherrin I have ever seen. Nobody in my 35 years of life have ever had the weight, penetration and lead this boy has. His kicks arrive on target, on time and exactly where it should be every time.

Haha Darren Jarman says hello.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm just going to say it, he is the best kick of the sherrin I have ever seen. Nobody in my 35 years of life have ever had the weight, penetration and lead this boy has. His kicks arrive on target, on time and exactly where it should be every time.
Steady on - shades of Clayton Oliver.

I do too.

But the way he was playing yesterday was more of a shut down defender as opposed to a Burgoyne rebounding-half back-midfielder. Which is a complete waste of his talent IMO.

Whether or not that's because Brand is still injured and not in the team we won't know. But I feel like his best footy is played in the forward line and midfield.

Perhaps also part of his apprenticeship? Clarko isn't challenging this year. He's got the luxury of knowing he's developing a team for 3-6 years from now, and is planning accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDawg

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2006
Counting cups
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The greatest team of all!
Team of the Week yo!

upload_2017-5-16_8-13-38.png

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would it be to early to go all in with the new CBA being implemented next year? Seriously, offer the kid $700-$800k for the next 6 years, come the end of the 2nd/3rd year of his contract it'll look like an absolute bargain. Can't wait for him to get into the midfield.

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would it be to early to go all in with the new CBA being implemented next year? Seriously, offer the kid $700-$800k for the next 6 years, come the end of the 2nd/3rd year of his contract it'll look like an absolute bargain. Can't wait for him to get into the midfield.

Not at all......was thinking the same thing myself.
Was thinking 5 years at $600k -contract expires 1 year before he is eligible for FA (assuming qualification period doesn't change). After 2 years this will be a bargain.

Get it done

Not at all......was thinking the same thing myself.
Was thinking 5 years at $600k -contract expires 1 year before he is eligible for FA (assuming qualification period doesn't change). After 2 years this will be a bargain.

Get it done

Will be money well spent.

I haven't been this excited about a young player since we drafted Cyril. He could be anything once he builds his tank and moves into the midfield.

ZAD1

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Did anyone see Future Stars today? Ryan was on (along with Isaac Smith) for a brief chat. Key points for those who missed it:

1. Trained all pre-season to play forward
2. Enjoying playing down back but seems VERY keen to play more midfield (made reference to needing to improve his fitness to do this)
3. Has a girlfriend in Adelaide who he (according to Smithy) flies back regularly to see (from a purely selfish Hawthorn POV this concerned me - get him signed up!)
4. Talked a little bit about his injury and said as soon as Hawthorn got the tick of approval about his leg they were pretty keen on him.

Minnesota Wisdom

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2007
Melbourne - South East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Did anyone see Future Stars today? Ryan was on (along with Isaac Smith) for a brief chat. Key points for those who missed it:

2. Enjoying playing down back but seems VERY keen to play more midfield (made reference to needing to improve his fitness to do this)
3. Has a girlfriend in Adelaide who he (according to Smithy) flies back regularly to see (from a purely selfish Hawthorn POV this concerned me - get him signed up!)
4. Talked a little bit about his injury and said as soon as Hawthorn got the tick of approval about his leg they were pretty keen on him.
Bruce Abernathy's daughter I believe. Agree, his contract extension is priority 1

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bigbuddyboy

All Australian
Oct 10, 2009
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Shining light this year. Watching on from my couch (ie, not privy to all the KPIs and whatnot that coaches impose) he's probably been our second best player this year behind TOM. I think BB and Hodge have been good, but Burton's consistency from week to week is crazy.

The signs were there last year, but this year he has shown speed and toughness that I did not anticipate. His confidence is his best asset.

He is on record having said he hoped to be drafted by a Melbourne based club. And if he's serious about her then I'm sure the club won't mind paying to help her relocate here if needs be. This guy is a major part of the clubs future.

ZAD1

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
He is on record having said he hoped to be drafted by a Melbourne based club. And if he's serious about her then I'm sure the club won't mind paying to help her relocate here if needs be. This guy is a major part of the clubs future.

I remember these comments as well. Hopefully he still feels that way!

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another great game from RB. Was good all night but my favourite moment was late in the 4th Q when a pies' player looked to have bypassed him. Burton managed to get a hold of his shorts and hang on for dear life, for someone so classy he can do the 1% stuff with the best of them

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think the club needs someone to work in the hawks nest store. You know...part time. Maybe she can help us out ;)

Back