Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Burtman has the best disposal efficiency in the whole afl averaging over 20 touches a game
I had to check this for myself. Doesn't look quite right though. Theres one other AFL player above him
S Burgoyne. Averaging 20.1 disposals at 85.1%
R Burton. Averaging 20.8 disposals at 84.9%

Burger is not one to be outdone. ;)

I had to check this for myself. Doesn't look quite right though. Theres one other AFL player above him
S Burgoyne. Averaging 20.1 disposals at 85.1%
R Burton. Averaging 20.8 disposals at 84.9%

Burger is not one to be outdone. ;)
At the moment I'd take Burton's field kicking (just) over Burgoyne. Burgoyne every day of the week in front of the big sticks though!

At the moment I'd take Burton's field kicking (just) over Burgoyne. Burgoyne every day of the week in front of the big sticks though!
At the moment I'd take Burton for his future development, we're not going to be a shot for another flag before Burgoyne retires unless he suddenly becomes Michael Tuck.

I really wish someone could just make a Ryan Burton highlights package after each game, so I can wash away the pain of each loss. Crazyhawk ? I thought i saw him a couple of times moving well in traffic in the centre in the final quarter. A new Gary Ayres perhaps?

I really wish someone could just make a Ryan Burton highlights package after each game, so I can wash away the pain of each loss. Crazyhawk ? I thought i saw him a couple of times moving well in traffic in the centre in the final quarter. A new Gary Ayres perhaps?
I'd watch that

Burtman has the best disposal efficiency in the whole afl averaging over 20 touches a game
Not quite, top 5

Aaron Mullett - 21.0 @ 86.5%
Shannon Hurn - 20.0 @ 85.6%
Shaun Burgoyne - 20.1 @ 85.1%
Ryan Burton - 20.8 @ 84.9%
Steven May - 21.0 @ 83.3%

N.B. Mitch Wallis excluded as he's only played one match

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not quite, top 5

Aaron Mullett - 21.0 @ 86.5%
Shannon Hurn - 20.0 @ 85.6%
Shaun Burgoyne - 20.1 @ 85.1%
Ryan Burton - 20.8 @ 84.9%
Steven May - 21.0 @ 83.3%

N.B. Mitch Wallis excluded as he's only played one match

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind that Steven May... and he's out of contract...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have a gif of his double sidestep into a 55m bullet pass?

The Missus is out with the girls and I need alone time.

I was out on the town tonight and gorgeous girls were everywhere - and that passage of play was still the sexiest thing I saw all night.

Burton's odds for the Rising Star award have moved in yet again. There must be an avalanche of money coming in for him to win it over the past few weeks. He may not be leading the market right now, but that movement suggests that right now a lot of people think he is going to win it. Give it another few weeks of these performances and he'll be outright leading it. Hopefully he doesn't get robbed of it like Cyril did in 2008.

Burton's odds for the Rising Star award have moved in yet again. There must be an avalanche of money coming in for him to win it over the past few weeks. He may not be leading the market right now, but that movement suggests that right now a lot of people think he is going to win it. Give it another few weeks of these performances and he'll be outright leading it. Hopefully he doesn't get robbed of it like Cyril did in 2008.

How McGrath leads him is beyond logic. Burton is averaging more touches despite playing as a defender not a midfielder. Burton's actually making an impact on our wins also, something that McGrath isn't doing so much.

He got penalised for it, but Ernie's run back with the flight of the ball, jump, mid air spin to spoil then land and gather his own crumb was sensational.

Stupid umpire. (I hope there is someone at Hawthorn who takes these muppets to task. Good play should be encouraged, not penalised)

How McGrath leads him is beyond logic. Burton is averaging more touches despite playing as a defender not a midfielder. Burton's actually making an impact on our wins also, something that McGrath isn't doing so much.

Underselling McGrath. The kid has been exceptionally poised and has defended beyond his years.

Conversely I think many others (oppostion supporters) are underselling Burton's defensive impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back