Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

BABY BOMBER RISING STAR WINNER

After enduring a year of hardship due to the supplements scandal, the good news keeps on coming for the long suffering Essendon Football Club with Ashley McGrath taking out the 2017 rising star award...........................................you read it here first (or similar).
Fake news. :thumbsdown::mad:

I have been raging today over the love-fest for McGrath as the deserved rising star, and Tim Watson's repeated conscious use of the term "best first year player".

i thought it was possible that the media were throwing a few bouquets at McGath this week, knowing that the season has 2 more weeks and Burton has sewn up the Award with his last 2 weeks of footy and great season.

But I was wrong. Watson and others campaigning all day and all of the night.

Who cares man? I'm not one to judge but is "raging all day" really worth it?

Neither Robbo or his readers or Wispy or his listeners have any influence whatsoever on who wins the RS.

If you get away from the tribal nature of BigFooty and avoid Robbo or his shitrag of a paper, Burton is pretty unanimously rated as the strong favourite.

I recon he actually makes a valid point at the end. It's quite possible SPP and McGrath are given a few extra votes by the judges due to them being first year players.

Plus the fact they both play for clubs the AFL want to participate in finals, where as they are sick of our maintained success. - My views only, no mention of conspiracy intended. - Wishful thinking on their behalf.

If this kid isn't the best young kid in the comp, I'll be a monkeys, he was a Monty last year. Only the panel being part of a sheltered workshop could deny it. He's the best kid I've seen since Daren Jarman hence this very uncharacteristic bet in feb this year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
He really could be anything...

GCR13N2P7.1-0.jpg

He really could be anything...

GCR13N2P7.1-0.jpg
Beat him twice very nice…don't hear that getting talked up like mcgrath's job on Betts. Trying not be too salty just hate mcgrath getting talked up in the media so much. As long as Burton is a multiple premiership winning Hawthorn player is all I really care about

Last edited:
I see shaw has written the case for mcgrath to win the rising star that is a bit of a joke imo
Found the 'uncluttering club bias' comment a bit rich. He's an ex-Essendon player who works at Essendon in Digital Media and coached McGrath at Brighton. Now if there's no bias there, well bias just doesn't exist

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Found the 'unflattering club bias' comment a bit rich. He's an ex-Essendon player who works at Essendon in Digital Media and coached McGrath at Brighton. Now if there's no bias there, well bias just doesn't exist

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
His last line about McGrath being hard to beat for the Rs.
He's a distant second with the bookies so I'd imagine Shaw has his house on him??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a segment on SEN where 4 blokes voted for the RS and only kingy gave it to Burton over McGrath.

If this is anything to go by he is no chance.

Also Glenn Luff was trying to talk up McGraths chances and talking down Burtons.

The absolute disdain for our club in all variants of the media is just hilarious.

Just had a segment on SEN where 4 blokes voted for the RS and only kingy gave it to Burton over McGrath.

Also Glenn Luff was trying to talk up McGraths chances and talking down Burtons.
When you also add in Tim Watson and the article on the Bombers website they have really kicked up the campaigning for McGrath to win it.

I lost it when they tried to talk down Burton by saying he is only playing loose or on the 3rd best key forward. Kingy brought up how he beat Tex and they tried to claim he isn't number 1 KPF for the Crows. They even tried discrediting it by saying Eddie is the number 1 forward you need to stop... Outside of his game 2 weeks ago Eddie has been in awful form for the second half of the season, yet McGrath is getting like some sort of god. Where was this sort of praise for Hardwick when he stopped Eddie.

Remember Cyril lost out to Rhys Palmer, heavens knows how. So if Burto doesn't win it it doesn't mean he won't have a stellar career (hopefully with us the whole time).

Was going to raise the Cyril and Palmer fiasco myself. Now in hindsight who would you want in your side.
There may not be a deliberate conspiracy against our club, but when you get enough Hawthorn-haters on a panek, to forecast the result is not difficult.

Didn't luff say burton would win it by 100 votes? I heard the same segment. The rest were dismissive (king gave it to burton)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back