Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

The odd part is you are wrong about him being 'that bad on Sunday.' He was clearly one of the worst but yeah running wide outside back n forth should be mistake free footy, so he nailed that I guess. I for one don't want him dropped but he is playing like someone who is going to be, again. Would I like to see him traded? No damn way, he will come good.
Pity our own teams defense couldn't be as resilient as Burtos defenders here on BF.
Nice deflection on Burger btw
Nah, I’m not wrong and it wasn’t a deflection.

People make excuses for some players when they make errors which is understandable when they have runs on the board, but it gets a bit hysterical when they then expect the world of others who have far less experience.

Who is RBs most likely eagles opponent or the player he should play so he can dominate and regain some much need form?
Should send him to Darling. Burto did his best work playing on the 2nd tall forward last year so why not give him a big challenge with a very black & white task. Defend defend defend.
Frawley gets JK, Stratton on Cripps, Hardwick has Le Cras with Sicily our spare (pretty sure WC play with 7 defenders?)

Who is RBs most likely eagles opponent or the player he should play so he can dominate and regain some much need form?

Expect he may rotate between Waterman and Darling, with Stratts.

Wouldn't mind a line up like this:

FF: Waterman - Kennedy - LeCras
FB: Burton - Frawley - Sicily

HF: Cripps - Darling - Rioli
HB: Duryea - Stratton - Hardwick

Last night on Fox Footy 30 minute thrillers it replayed 2017 Hawks v GWS drawn game in Tassie... Burton was involved in a few passages of play that reminded me why we were so buoyed about him in the off-season...

I wonder if that foot/ankle injury suffered in Round 1 is something that he has to manage til he can get a proper clean out post season (and naturally the club won't divulge that info now)... ?

Last night on Fox Footy 30 minute thrillers it replayed 2017 Hawks v GWS drawn game in Tassie... Burton was involved in a few passages of play that reminded me why we were so buoyed about him in the off-season...

I wonder if that foot/ankle injury suffered in Round 1 is something that he has to manage til he can get a proper clean out post season (and naturally the club won't divulge that info now)... ?

Quite possibly. Would rather get it done now though, so he is either back at the end of the season or gets a full pre-season.

Ryan Burton Version 2018 is nothing like the 2017 Version...

Correct, however it's his 3rd season.
He played 5 games in 2016. Prior to that he hadn’t played football for almost 2 years.

Nah, I’m not wrong and it wasn’t a deflection.

People make excuses for some players when they make errors which is understandable when they have runs on the board, but it gets a bit hysterical when they then expect the world of others who have far less experience.
His bright red boots were hard to miss on Sunday, as for the hysteria, well that's just pure imagination because I haven't noticed any in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His bright red boots were hard to miss on Sunday, as for the hysteria, well that's just pure imagination because I haven't noticed any in this thread.

Suggesting his form is linked to him wanting to go home or requesting a trade is fairly hysterical.

Suggesting his form is linked to him wanting to go home or requesting a trade is fairly hysterical.
It would seem rather fanciful to suggest that ''his form is linked to him wanting to go home or requesting a trade' but I ain't getting hysterical over it, I would be from laughter at those with tin foil hat conspiracy theories v's the head in the sand people.

Thought there were signs on Sunday that he’s getting back to somewhere near last years form.

I’d love to see him back in his natural position of high half forward but doubt it will happen as we already have Gunston in that role. Maybe they could both rotate as swing men just to change it up a bit.

Thought there were signs on Sunday that he’s getting back to somewhere near last years form.

I’d love to see him back in his natural position of high half forward but doubt it will happen as we already have Gunston in that role. Maybe they could both rotate as swing men just to change it up a bit.
I was at the ground and he was very good in the first half and solid for the second when all manner of catastrophe was happening. A few times he was ready to receive and the ball out of congestion didn't make it to him or not on the full anyway. Had the ball come out cleaner he'd have had 25 and set up a number of forward thrusts. Its hard sometimes on the outside.

I was at the ground and he was very good in the first half and solid for the second when all manner of catastrophe was happening. A few times he was ready to receive and the ball out of congestion didn't make it to him or not on the full anyway. Had the ball come out cleaner he'd have had 25 and set up a number of forward thrusts. Its hard sometimes on the outside.

Outside players are the most misunderstood players in the AFL.

Every single team seems to be looking for outside run and carry and polish but then when they have them they spend too much time focusing on what they can’t do instead of what they can.

He took a few short little steps and did not chase and also short armed a ball in dispute that actually ended up in a lions goal. He is scared of his own shadow atm plus Tom cutler played his game ever on the wing and belted Ryan to no end!! 26 and 3!!!!! We have overrated him dearly.

Outside players are the most misunderstood players in the AFL.

Every single team seems to be looking for outside run and carry and polish but then when they have them they spend too much time focusing on what they can’t do instead of what they can.
Quoted for truth.

He took a few short little steps and did not chase and also short armed a ball in dispute that actually ended up in a lions goal. He is scared of his own shadow atm plus Tom cutler played his game ever on the wing and belted Ryan to no end!! 26 and 3!!!!! We have overrated him dearly.
Ryan played only a small part of his game. Was mostly positioned in defence with stunts on the wing and half forward. Mostly Henderson and smith played on the wing. Blame them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back