Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought there were signs on Sunday that he’s getting back to somewhere near last years form.

I’d love to see him back in his natural position of high half forward but doubt it will happen as we already have Gunston in that role. Maybe they could both rotate as swing men just to change it up a bit.

I think he's on the improve, and am looking to his form after the bye.

I'm not sure how he's gone from "potential rising star winner" and "best young talent on our list" to "homesick, soft, tradeable" in the space of 8 games.

Hysterical indeed

You've been here long enough MrP to know what to expect from some posters. If I recall correctly, even our threepeat years were tainted by the same individuals who think a glass half empty is better than one half full. In my youth we just called them stirrers, but mow I don't know.

You've been here long enough MrP to know what to expect from some posters. If I recall correctly, even our threepeat years were tainted by the same individuals who think a glass half empty is better than one half full. In my youth we just called them stirrers, but mow I don't know.

Every time I read a post like this (or type one myself) I always want to go digging around for bigton08's (I think) stroppy thread about how disappointed he was in the 2015 season about 4 weeks before we won it all.

I'm not sure how he's gone from "potential rising star winner" and "best young talent on our list" to "homesick, soft, tradeable" in the space of 8 games.

Hysterical indeed
That long bow sure has a twang to it, when you use it.

Receiving. Good run & carry confidence & with good pace. Kicking long.

I missed the first 15 mins but saw the above in the last half of the 1st Quarter.

Looking good.

Reckon he'll be a good Birchall replacement in a year or 2.

He was solid today, and much better than he has been for a while.

Wasn’t used by his teammates on a few occasions, despite breaking to space.

I think he was trying to play with flair and dash last week, but it just didn’t come off for him. This week it did.

I think he’s turned the corner, as he looked like the Burton of old today.

He was solid today, and much better than he has been for a while.

Wasn’t used by his teammates on a few occasions, despite breaking to space.

I think he was trying to play with flair and dash last week, but it just didn’t come off for him. This week it did.

I think he’s turned the corner, as he looked like the Burton of old today.
Much better signs today from the young man and was nice to keep an eye on him.
It was noticed in last weeks game also that he wasn't used by his team mates when he could have been the better option but I believe him to be lacking dash & flair in that game as well.
Happy today that he showed glimpses of why he could be our superman.
I wan't to see him have a crack at Wingard or Gray next

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better signs today from the young man and was nice to keep an eye on him.
It was noticed in last weeks game also that he wasn't used by his team mates when he could have been the better option but I believe him to be lacking dash & flair in that game as well.
Happy today that he showed glimpses of why he could be our superman.
I wan't to see him have a crack at Wingard or Gray next
I don’t.

He’s not a lock down defender.

what is he then?

A rebounding defender who can run and deliver with a penetrating kicks. Lecras slipped him a couple of times today, a wiley vet will do that. Overall I thought he looked to have his confidence , swagger back. Hopefully he has kicks on from here.

A rebounding defender who can run and deliver with a penetrating kicks. Lecras slipped him a couple of times today, a wiley vet will do that. Overall I thought he looked to have his confidence , swagger back. Hopefully he has kicks on from here.
Well he can run and rebound and deliver penetrating kicks with swagger and confidence while he plays on either Wingard or Gray. If he's going to be the best put him on the best.
Lock down defender :rolleyes:

Well he can run and rebound and deliver penetrating kicks with swagger and confidence while he plays on either Wingard or Gray. If he's going to be the best put him on the best.
Lock down defender :rolleyes:

Mate , wingard or gray will lead Burton a merry dance in the forward 50. Duryea and Hardwick will take them. I haven't watch that much of Port so don't know who are their other forwards are apart from Dixon but Burton will be a rebounder running off a 3rd tall type.

This is the Burton of old. Last year, even in his good games he was sitting around 300-480 meters gained.

4BE99E39-6558-4E7A-8A46-B0AC8A13E382.jpeg

Still think he's an outside mid.
Quite possibly a high half forward/wingman.

I think he could be a more damaging version of the Crow's Lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back