AFL Toast Round 2: See The Bombers Fly Up! 13 points over the Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

My god Joe Daniher played well.

Great to watch. Just contest after contest. I was wondering how he was allowed to play so well. He's going to be a champion for your club (hopefully he gets the kicking right).

sensational game, I think I just sat in silence for about 30 seconds after the siren went before coming to grips with what happened

For mine:

Gwilt - Been a staunch defender of his, always thought he was a good player, if used the right way. Standout game on sat
Cooney - If this game had anything to do with the rip he got from Rioli, lets get Dean down to do the pre match pep talk every week. The knee injury has slowed him alot but can still put on a skillful display every now and then
Fantasia - never been fully sold on him, made a few errors but generally his skill was very good, earned his spot in next weeks side
J.Merret - proves he has these games in him, need to see 5-6 of these a year at least
Goddard - played well, Ive said before that I think the captaincy gig this year could turn him into a more complete player
Walla - lacks a bit in getting his head around team structures, especially on defence, but gives his all for the entire match and can be damaging with ball in hand, cant ask for much more than that
Parish - That guy.... everybody has covered him already. has at least a finger on the RS
Zaharakis - going from strength to strength... almost put your house on him for B&F barring injury
Z. Merrett - Zakas biggest competitor for B&F, outstanding game for a 3rd year pro
Stokes - Unsure what he would bring to the club as a top up player as Ive always thought the success of a goal sneak was relative to the strength of the team, but he has proven me wrong, happy to admit.

I reckon we need to give some credit to Woosha, the coaching staff, the selection committee and everyone behind the scenes.

Love the game plan... the fact that the players are playing for each other and the club.... the passion when they won... Woosha's positive attitude

This side was regarded as a laughing stock, a bunch of misfits brought together with little chance of getting a win and hot favorites for the wooden spoon.

The players could have easily received their match payments and cruised around not caring.

But their pride and passion was way to high to accept that.

Awesome achievement by EFC.
Movie coming soon? Replacements 2

Keanu Reeves to star as Joe Derp?

It's funny seeing the contrast of emotions between your board and ours. You're coming off a famous victory and we got belted by the last team we ever want to lose to. What I'd give to be feeling what you guys are feeling.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what should be a decent game this weekend. I look forward to seeing Parish play in person, he's gonna be something special isn't he? You guys have a real player there.
Its a good feeling... But to be fair you'd have to have gone through the last 3 years of sh*t to get this feeling... all things considered

Just watched the replay... First time i've had a good look at Brown. * he looks classy! Every inch an AFL footballer... it makes a mockery of AFL list managers.
Playing Kommer was a terrible mistake. I can only hope they just wanted to keep Bird honest and will bring him back this week.
I never expected Zach to make this sort of leap this year. If he can maintain this form and not get injured then he looks every inch a Brownlow contender. Plus, the nature of the way he goes about it suggests that he will tend to be consistent each week, which really is a staggering thought.
Langford! Langford!! Holy batshit! We have a player there! Very dangerous for the opposition if he is left up forward one out while JD goes a'roaming. Really showing aerial awareness both for spoils and a grab.
Man it's good to have a ruck again! love the effort Looey is putting in...
Parish. Nothing more needs to be said. Will be trouble for the side as he fatigues this year...

Had some Collingwood flog abuse me about supporting a team like Essendon.
'How could anyone support Essendon after what they did'

If it was their team blah blah blah

Guess I'll be looking for a new job as office politics tell me I'm not allowed to tell my manager to go and get stuffed

Is he a white supremicist and still offended about our support of Longy standing up to Monkhurst?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extended Essendon highlights:

And a sneaky video obviously shot by someone at the ground that captures just how loud that roar was when Parish kicked the sealer:

There's not enough videos shot from the crowd going around. Think I've watched one I found of Fletcher's ANZAC day goal a thousand times in the last year.

That BTV analysis was pretty bad...

It's great to see them putting more effort into content but these videos aren't that great, plus the dudes voice grates me for some reason

Extended Essendon highlights:

And a sneaky video obviously shot by someone at the ground that captures just how loud that roar was when Parish kicked the sealer:

That second video is cool. Interestingly, that video was recorded from the top of the AFL reserve which was pretty empty compared to the other side of the ground and it was still insanely loud!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back