Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the boundary umpires.About ten metres away and they didn’t see that the ball was way over the line.It makes you wonder,doesn’t it?

There was another boundary umpire a similar distance behind Higgins as well.

Terrible look for the AFL, but in no way is anyone surprised.

In a lot of professions, conflicts are declared and routinely decision-makers recuse themselves or are prevented from participating in a decision-making capacity, in order to avoid even a perceived potential bias or conflict.

Team stats from our VFL win tonight.
Some of these guys need to be picked for the senior team.

Note Ed Allan's numbers and Ned Long - 16 tackles!
We need to upgrade Long somehow.

Last edited:
You wouldn’t think so, it’s a stupid move and has affected the fortunes on the ground.
Big Successful business usually promote the big talkers and people who can influence others.
The people who are damn good at what they do on the ground usually find it tough to move up as management knows their value at a lower level.

Have you been held back by your awesomeness at ditch digging?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Darcy Moore? The one who carried injury into the GF, and when Murphy went down he rallied the defenders to play the game of their lives and keep Brisbane to 86 points. When Brisbane kicked over 100 points in their two wins against us in 2024.

That Darcy Moore? A spud? How insulting.
Relax it was just a poetic exaggeration to emphasize the highs and lows of his game. He's neither a champion nor a spud but was an All Australian defender who's form has dropped off considerably and it's concerning.

IMG_2624.jpeg
Yep. That would be right. Has one of his best games and then out for next six.

Reminds me of the days some of the best had injuries and play a blinder against us then go out again the following week.

I think the answer might be you can't live forever on sunshine and lollipops. All that smiling and goodwill within our team might need to be replaced with some in-fighting and bickering.

If only boxing training wasn't banned by the AFL. Not sure who should be our Shane Strempel. Maybe Darcy? Fish rots from the head and all that.

Ahhh, I’m also this way inclined..

We’ve had 2 years of the carrot, is it time for the stick?

Now the personal contradiction - It’s hard to tell in this societal age. Does this approach still work? I’m honestly at a loss…

I’m not sold on our age demographic being the holistic reason for our demise. What is apparent though, is our intent.

My personal opinion (at this stage) is to start blooding our next generation. If our senior players want to buy back in. Let them prove themselves and we can then make the determination.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This talk around Wright is bordering on the ridiculous now.

The bloke has been in the footy industry for decades and was probably experiencing burnout.

When we were imploding in 2021 he was the one constant that was holding us together. He was doing everything from being the head of the football department, list manager, undertaking the coach search and he was even acting CEO for a period of time between Anderson and Kelly.

I think we were more than happy to extend our gratitude to him and give him some time off to refresh and recharge himself. He earned it off the back of the body of work he produced over the last three years.

100% agree with this. Although, I do think most on here are utilising the GW narrative as a pressure release as opposed to honestly believing the arguments rhetoric.

It really is fascinating (and galling) that a team just coming off winning a flag are managing to look so timid, flustered, scattershot and completely devoid of confidence. I would have thought reaching the summit would have done the opposite.

It’s such a counter-intuitive argument. I/we would all think a team coming of the pinnacle of ultimate success would be riding the wave of absolute certainty. Instead we lack intent, solidarity and resolve.

Is this a more complex issue than is presented to the general public, or are we spent as a force?

I’d like to think this is a minor aberration and is only the next chapter in what is a generational story. 2022/23 was phenomenal.

Can we write yet another chapter in this saga - 0 and 3,4,5 then turn it around and again produce the ultimate success? Is this a chronicle for the ages, or do we need to reset and just accept an already impressive storyline?

It really is fascinating (and galling) that a team just coming off winning a flag are managing to look so timid, flustered, scattershot and completely devoid of confidence. I would have thought reaching the summit would have done the opposite.

Pain and suffering appears to be a greater motivator than glory and elation.

Words such as "we are motivated to feel that winning feeling again" are just hollow words.

If you want to win a flag, painfully lose the year before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1936478
Yep. That would be right. Has one of his best games and then out for next six.

Reminds me of the days some of the best had injuries and play a blinder against us then go out again the following week.
A shame for him, he’s a quality player and has offered some real spark so far.

A shame for him, he’s a quality player and has offered some real spark so far.
Sure is. He’s their Bobby Dazzler for this year. Wish him well.

Remember when Carey, Wells etc used to be injured then play us then be injured again 😳

The infamous Huddo being choppered from Tassie to VFL park (1972) to kick a lazy 8 on literally one leg. We won by 18 points.

Sure is. He’s their Bobby Dazzler for this year. Wish him well.

Remember when Carey, Wells etc used to be injured then play us then be injured again 😳

The infamous Huddo being choppered from Tassie to VFL park (1972) to kick a lazy 8 on literally one leg. We won by 18 points.
Pies motivate the entire AFL - to get over injuries and beat us :(

Yes, hard to believe that the end could be so catastrophically rapid. I tend to think that it is

Can you elaborate on the information re fighting among staff and rumours of bias against females?
Kelly has acknowledged there has been friction between Leppa and Bolts regarding their new responsibilities. The club after Carro's article this week acknowledged they could have provided a better "working environment" for our ops manager (Pettyfor?) Her first name escapes me after she quit to take a lesser role at Melbourne FC in its media dept. It is rumoured several players remain upset about the trading of Ginni & several have reportedly voiced the opposite

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back