Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick actually kept the team motivated after his premiership so credit where it’s due.
Weird, because I recall his Footy Show appearance during the finals series in 2011 where he all he did was whinge non stop about the coaching succession plan.

He also demotivated them when it mattered most.
Nah, I would say it was Eddie's mismangement of the whole process that demotivated everyone ( if indeed they were demotivated) - that is why we have improved the last few years by bringing in better management, which they have now trashed by removing the two best assiatant coaches around into positions wherethey dont coach anymore ( Leppa and Bolts) ..... 2011 wasnt bad , and we just missed out by a whisker

Nah, I would say it was Eddie's mismangement of the whole process that demotivated everyone ( if indeed they were demotivated) - that is why we have improved the last few years by bringing in better management, which they have now trashed by removing the two best assiatant coaches around into positions wherethey dont coach anymore ( Leppa and Bolts) ..... 2011 wasnt bad , and we just missed out by a whisker
You don’t remember Mick’s appearance on the footy show late in the season?

Maybe some positional changes for both Sidebottom and Pendlebury might pave the way for a reinvigoration for both themselves and others.

Sidebottom has shown capacity to play as a forward and could roam as a high half forward opening the door for McCreery to move to a wing.

Pendlebury has previously played as a half back (in a Luke Hodge quarterback style role) which may give the opportunity for Quaynor to move into the midfield rotation.

I think both Sidebottom and Pendlebury have plenty to value-add to the club I just do not believe they should be heavily relied upon but become more role players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never watched it .. my point is still Moot, Eddie contributed ( manufactured) 99% to the clusyerF$%^&k that occurred aruond 20111/2012 .. over his Buckley obsession ..
.... and Mick actively undermined Bucks with the playing group after throwing his toys out of the cot about a change that he agreed to.

never watched it .. my point is still Moot, Eddie contributed ( manufactured) 99% to the clusyerF$%^&k that occurred aruond 20111/2012 .. over his Buckley obsession ..
Succession plan was finalised in 2009, and got us a flag in 2010.
That’s a huge tick for Ed.
Then Mick decided he’d renege on his commitment to become Director of Coaching and that was the end of the Succession Plan.

So 99% of the issue was MM not Ed.

He's not running a marathon though, Footy is a mixture of endurance and repeated sprints
Kappy, at the risk of giving you a lecture on runnning, there is a thing called the aerobic threshold. Call it gut running or whatever you like, but guys like Steele, WHE, have high thresholds and can operate above their threshold for a long time. It is what allows them to make space. It ain't speed per se.

Kappy, at the risk of giving you a lecture on runnning, there is a thing called the aerobic threshold. Call it gut running or whatever you like, but guys like Steele, WHE, have high thresholds and can operate above their threshold for a long time. It is what allows them to make space. It ain't speed per se.

Okay, I'm not arguing against that at all. No one has questioned their endurance

He has never had top end speed. Another term for his running talent is “speed endurance”. And he hasn’t lost it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

:think: I think we're going round in circles. Just because he was never fast doesn't mean he can't lose his top end speed after 30 and that effect his performance. Otherwise what's stopping players from just playing till they're in their 40s with their endurance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back