Preview Round 2 Syd vs Haw ("Poo n' Wee at the SCG")

If we lose - does everyone with a Toastie post get a 1 day ban?

• Yes

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should probably be a bit considerate to people who don't really appreciate cow jokes, or who don't get the cheese toastie discourse. I can't imagine it's overly fun to read page after page of gags you simply don't get. So I will attempt to pivot the conversation away from cows, or toasties.

I'm intrigued to see how the forward line goes. I've long been a believer in the potential of a McDonald/McLean/Amartey forward line, and now there's a good chance we'll see it. I think each of their strengths and weaknesses balance each other out well.

I also think Hawthorn have some great young players. Obviously in a flogging by Essendon, they don't look impressive. But when they're on, there's few young cores like Newcombe, Jiath, Scrimshaw, Day, Macdonald, Ward etc in the comp (IMO). Easy to forget that with our young core in 2020, we only won five games, and had some horrible losses, but we looked damn good in the five games we won.

So we do need to be on our game, because if we took it easy and then lost to Hawthorn, that would be udderly embarrassing.
Sounding like me as a proxy mod

I'm intrigued to see how the forward line goes. I've long been a believer in the potential of a McDonald/McLean/Amartey forward line, and now there's a good chance we'll see it. I think each of their strengths and weaknesses balance each other out well.
It is a dream given form. I am very keen to see it as well

McDonald/McLean/Armatey

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

I wonder if we'll give Roberts a full VFL game and name Sheldrick as sub?
Roberts played a VFL practice game last week, as well as being the AFL sub. I think he's fine for match practice / fitness, can afford to be sub only this week. Play Sheldrick in the VFL, get him back to full fitness, swap them over next week if need be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't Scrimshaw at least been struggling to get picked/played during pre-season? I seem to have read that somewhere.

Anyway, with or without Gulden, their midfield is pretty bare. I can only imagine our main quartet of Mills, Parker, Warner and Rowbottom, are rubbing their four stomachs in anticipation.

first one to make me laugh

Final 22: Amartey in for Franklin, no other changes. Roberts probably the sub.

View attachment 1638029
This game without Buddy will show how much more dangerous our forwardline will be.
After first quarters, Buddy's inabilty to move up & down the ground has made our forward line predictable.
We'll smash the Hawks up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back