Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 7+

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managing gametime of players returning from injury, youd be happy to bring someone back like joe or draper back for half a game, more players on the fringe getting oppurtunity
Personally I'm hoping the AFL has a rethink on changing the game every 5 minutes and that this is the start of that. I would suggest at a minimum they would like the season to have some sort of integrity and changing the rules even more after round 1would further reduce that (plus this sort of change makes it look even more like a preseason comp). .

Regarding your second point - more players on the fringes getting more opportunity - One ramification could be that clubs with deeper list quality get an advantage and there would be more..

As for the other (yours and others) points the quarters are being reduced already which will help manage game time (a change that is only for this season apparently according to Gil). Even then reducing game time but increasing intensity could have it's own injury impact - as could sitting on the bench longer without playing (if there's more players on the bench) etc.

You would need a substantial amount of data before you could confidentiality make a call on those outcomes surely?

Last edited:
Personally I'm hoping the AFL has a rethink on changing the game every 5 minutes and that this is the start of that. I would suggest at a minimum they would like the season to have some sort of integrity and changing the rules even more after round 1would further reduce that (plus this sort of change makes it look even more like a preseason comp). .

Regarding your second point - more players on the fringes getting more opportunity - One ramification could be that clubs with deeper list quality get an advantage and there would be more..

As for the other (yours and others) points the quarters are being reduced already which will help manage game time (a change that is only for this season apparently according to Gil). Even then reducing game time but increasing intensity could have it's own injury impact - as could sitting on the bench longer without playing (if there's more players on the bench) etc.

You would need a substantial amount of data before you could confidentiality make a call on those outcomes surely?
Personally i really hope the shortened game time is only for this season. I dont like rules getting changed for the sake of it either. Hated the sub rule especially. Extended bench though im all for this season with no vfl happening. More opportunity for players like mutch, Begley, Clarke etc to get a look in and show what they can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally i really hope the shortened game time is only for this season. I dont like rules getting changed for the sake of it either. Hated the sub rule especially. Extended bench though im all for this season with no vfl happening. More opportunity for players like mutch, Begley, Clarke etc to get a look in and show what they can do.
Gil already confirmed shortened game time is only for this season.

I hope they cut the all bullshit out and just give the supporters good value for money. If Gil is a fast learner we will see decisions based on what the fans want, not a manipulation of peoples love for Aussie rules football into a trillion dollar commercial bonanza. They are often two very different things.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news however.... According to very credible sources inside the club Raz did his hammy at training yesterday. No news on which hammy or how bad. But Im told that he was very upset after the incident and placed ice onto it straight away. Will wait to see if how bad this injury is, however I don't expect to see him for a while. Maybe this will open the door for a Cahil or a Mozzie to play his role instead. Personally would prefer to see Irish play his role.

Heppel has also dislocated his finger, although this is less concerning.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news however.... According to very credible sources inside the club Raz did his hammy at training yesterday. No news on which hammy or how bad. But Im told that he was very upset after the incident and placed ice onto it straight away. Will wait to see if how bad this injury is, however I don't expect to see him for a while. Maybe this will open the door for a Cahil or a Mozzie to play his role instead. Personally would prefer to see Irish play his role.

Heppel has also dislocated his finger, although this is less concerning.
Is this off Blitz?

Is this off Blitz?

Negative.

My source told me tonight he wasnt sure if it’s a quad or a hammy. He isn’t a medico.

I note that Cal mentioned on Twitter its a quad. Who is his source? Did he read it on Blitz??
Journos love to be the first to report a story.

I’ve looked at blitz & interestingly it was also reported as a hammy, now a quad after Cal came out with his Tweet.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the club describe the injury as.

Anyway Raz has a new leg injury which sucks.

Im feeling like we may have another Winderlich/ Gumby situation here with Raz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back