Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 7+

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney used the corridor a lot against Adelaide, often waltzing through with minimal pressure. Hoping the likes of Smith, Shiel and McGrath can hold them up a bit.

Its the SCG. Great cricket ground, poor AFL ground. It will be the usual tough contested game. Its why we have always struggled there because the entire league knows if you hit us hard enough for long enough we turn to water. No outside, soft possession game there.
Zaharakis should not get another chance just 'because' he has played for us for so long. It is a 17 week season and wins need to be notched up early.
McKernan in if fit. I would like TBell dropped for Phillips too. Some say TBell is cooked. I think he is just too soft and has been for a long time.
None of these changes will occur and that is why I fear we will lose there....again.

Cmon Truck, pick a tough, uncompromising, committed team willing to put their life and limb on the line. Team first, individual last.

Zaka out for McKenna
Clarke for Guelfi (help with Sydney's congested midfield at the SCG)
Phillips for Tbell
Gleeson for Hurley ( if missing )

B: Saad Gleeson McKenna
HB: Ridley Hooker Francis

C: Merrett Shiel Cutler
Foll: Philips Parish McGrath

HF: Fantasia McKernan Smith
F: Tippa Stringer Townsend

Bench: Langford Redman McKenna Clark

McKernan comes in. I would think for Laverde (Townsend had a good game and can't be dropped).

TBC can't run out even a shortened game. He was good early but was cooked in the last quarter. I can't fathom the reasoning where they thought Langford would be a suitable ruck. Has to be either McKernan giving the chop out - or Phillips.

Y

Yea Woosha said Hooker is available
Well the medical staff said he was a round 3 prospect at the earliest.
Hurley isn't the player he was... but Z Thatch aint going to be ahead of him in the 22.
Snelling solid... but McKenna adds a lot more
Zerk-Thatcher should not be dropped based on his performance.

A few people rusty against the Dockers - most notably Hurley, Bellcho, Fanta and Zakka. But I wouldn’t be dropping them all as it was the 1st hitout for the season, they are senior players and they should all improve. I’d like to get McKernan in at least as a back up ruck, and somehow squeeze McKenna in. So maybe;-

OUT: Guelfi, Margaret
IN: McKenna, McKernan

Francis Hurley Redman
McKenna Ridley Saad
Langford McGrath Cutler
Fanta Stinger Smith
Townsend Laverde Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Merrett

Bench: Zakka Parish Snelling McKernan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s no way TBC plays off a 6 day break interstate (possibly a shorter break).

I can already see Aliir roving all of his taps and smashing the crap out of him in the second half.

At the moment we are simply a better quality team than Sydney. It’s ours to lose and we are capable of that.

Disappointed in Hurls tbh. Captained yesterday and allowed his frustration with his own game get the better of him. I'd be annoyed if I were a Freo fan that noone came over to back up a youngster and have a go at Mick. We're lucky Buddy won't be playing. Gleeson can cover Hurls. I'd send Redman to Heeney, Gleeson to Blakey and BZT to McCartin. Saad has to take Papley. Ridley gets Ronke maybe. We might find it's Saad and Gleeson organising the defence.

If TBell can't keep up with the pace of the game then we're carrying him. I don't care if his ruck work is better, at least Phillips will be there to contest the ruck and he will win some. That he can get around the ground is more valuable. I suspect Sydney will be quicker than Freo.

I wouldn't be against giving Clarke a role stopping Parker.

FB: Saad - BZT - Ridley
B: Redman - Gleeson - McKenna
C: Langford - McGrath - Cutler
HF: Fantasia - McKernan - Smith
F: Townsend - Stringer - Walla
Foll: Phillips - Parish - Shiel
IC: Merrett, Snelling, Guelfi, Clarke/Laverde

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Phillips, McKenna, Hibberd, McKernan, Gleeson (If Hurley is suspended)
Out: TBC, Guelfi, Zaharakis, Laverde, Hurley (If suspended)

SCG is smaller and more congested. We could use Hibberd.

Think we - and most teams - will be rotating players as there are no reserves and we need to give blokes a run to keep them in touch with the game.
On that premise I'd have;-

OUT: Bellcho, Margaret, Laverde, Guelfi, Zakka
IN: Phillips, Hooker, McKernan, McKenna, Ham

Team;-

Francis Hurley Hooker
Redman Ridley Sadd
Langford McGrath Cutler
Smith Stringer Tippa
Townend McKernan Snelling

Phillips Shiel Merrett

Bench: Fanta Parish McKenna Ham

Just not sure about who to drop for him. I am not normally a big fan of making big changes after a win.
If McKenna comes in, I'd play Redman on a wing, Ridley on Heeney and Cutler on the bench or omitted. We don't have the dukes up forward to clunk over Aliir. Redman can pinpoint passes going i50. McKenna can play where he plays best.

It will be interesting to see how we line up on Sydney's forwardline. They went probably smaller than us.
Papley McCartin Heeney
Gray Blakely Hayward

I wouldn't actually change our defensive lineup other than Gleeson over Guelfi, who seemed to make some poor decisions with ball in hand.

McCartin - Hurley
Blakely - Zerk-thatcher
Francis - Heeney
Hayward - Ridley
Papley - Saad
Gray - Redman
Gleeson as 7th defender.

Hooker and McKernan can go forward with Smack chopping TBC out in the ruck (who tired late).
Fantasia - McKernan - Walla
Townsend - Hooker - Stringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back