Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 7+

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see who matches up on who at both ends. I think we're pretty suited to the Sydney forward line if it doesn't have Buddy or Reid.

Heeney - Ambrose?
Papley - Saad
McCartin - Francis?
Blakey - Hurley?
Hayward - Ridley
Gray - Redman

If you throw Gleeson into the mix (which I don't think will happen unfortunately) you have a rotation where two of Hurley, Francis and Ambrose will always be on Heeney and McCartin as I think both he and Ridley could cover Hayward or Blakey.

At our end:

McKernan - Aliir
Hooker/Stewart - Brand
Stringer - Rampe
Townsend - Lloyd
Walla - Mills
Snelling - Dawson

I put Aliir on McKernan because he's better suited to him than Brand if Hooker plays forward, and if Stewart plays forward, I've seen Brand beat him well a couple of times at VFL level so it works out either way.

Old stagers Parker & Kennedy always seem to do well against us - maybe Smith runs with Parker & Heppell goes head to head with Kennedy..??
Now Fanta out I think we might go a bit taller in the forward line - James Stewart might even get a run or else you'd think Hooker plays forward...
Possible team;-

Ambrose Hurley Francis
Redman Ridley Saad
Merrett Shiel McGrath
Tippa Stringer Zakka
McKernan Stewart/Hooker Townsend

Bellcho Heppell Smith

Bench: Cutler Langford McKenna Parish

Old stagers Parker & Kennedy always seem to do well against us - maybe Smith runs with Parker & Heppell goes head to head with Kennedy..??
Now Fanta out I think we might go a bit taller in the forward line - James Stewart might even get a run or else you'd think Hooker plays forward...
Possible team;-

Ambrose Hurley Francis
Redman Ridley Saad
Merrett Shiel McGrath
Tippa Stringer Zakka

Bellcho Heppell Smith

Don't rate Snelling?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news however.... According to very credible sources inside the club Raz did his hammy at training yesterday. No news on which hammy or how bad. But Im told that he was very upset after the incident and placed ice onto it straight away. Will wait to see if how bad this injury is, however I don't expect to see him for a while. Maybe this will open the door for a Cahil or a Mozzie to play his role instead. Personally would prefer to see Irish play his role.

Heppel has also dislocated his finger, although this is less concerning.
Geeze. He realy doesn't want to play for us...

Possible team;-

Ambrose Hurley Francis
Redman Ridley Saad
Merrett Shiel McGrath
Tippa Stringer Zakka

Bellcho Heppell Smith

Not sure if Heppell will get up in time, unless I've missed any updates...

Is it that the umps have it in for him or is it that he does give away some genuinely stupid frees?
Smack is just untidy in the ruck, so gets done for more frees than most.

He has the right idea but always seems to be that 1/2 a second too quick, when he wants to scrag, fend, bump or body someone away. So much so that he gets pinged before the ball has come down and touched anyones hand. Another big one that he gets done for is contact above the shoulders.

I do bring that back to simulations we have a training, where he may well break even in the contests on a Tuesday night bumping T-Bell and others around. The problem for us is when he get's called for the frees against in our F50 on a Staurday, it takes away any pressure we had in an instant. Let's hope truck looks at that a little different than other have in the past to get this out of his game.

Possible team;-

Ambrose Hurley Francis
Redman Ridley Saad
Merrett Shiel McGrath
Tippa Stringer Zakka

Bellcho Heppell Smith

Think we can wipe McKenna out for at least the first 2-3 games. He’s been sitting in a hotel room for 14 days.

Jeez you should hope so. Bottom 8 team missing most of their fwd line.
Still plenty of match winners up front with Heeney, Papley, potentially Blakey and Hayward too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Mossie get a game now that Fanta is out? Potentially not with some talls returning but the Richmond (Cara and Rutten influence) school of thought is more smalls than talls.

I’d like to see it - but unlikely I reckon. We have plenty of other smalls who can play forward - Smith, Parish, Snelling... I don’t think Heppell will play either so think we’ll line up something like;-

Hooker Hurley Francis
Redman Ambrose Saad
Zakka Shiel Cutler
Langford Stringer Tippa
Townsend McKernan Smith

Bellcho McGrath Merrett

Bench: McKenna Parish Snelling & another taller forward so McKernan can chop out in the ruck - either Laverde or Stewart

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does Mossie get a game now that Fanta is out? Potentially not with some talls returning but the Richmond (Cara and Rutten influence) school of thought is more smalls than talls.
I'd say Snelling, Walla, Townsend are all preferred in that role right now with others also pointing out someone like Smith and Parish can be more effective forward at this point in time as well.
Yeah agreed.
Are we assuming BZT gets dropped to allow for a more mobile defender?
Zerk is reasonably mobile, but yeah Ambrose is back, as is Hooker so Bezerker misses

I’m sure he’ll be a fan favourite but what sort of message does selecting Mosquito send to our other fringe players who have been busting there ass trying to crack into the side.

Brayden Ham is clear young fella to play with these extended bench rules

I think it's just a bit of excitement. Moz looks the least likely of someone new to bring in against Sydney.

I’m sure he’ll be a fan favourite but what sort of message does selecting Mosquito send to our other fringe players who have been busting there ass trying to crack into the side.

Brayden Ham is clear young fella to play with these extended bench rules
I agree. He came back with iso-belly. Needs to learn from that by not being selected, and to concentrate on getting back in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back