Unofficial Preview Round 2: Sydney vs Essendon @ SCG, Sunday June 14 3.35pm AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fit and ready to go in November. What was Horse supposed to do? Ban him from training?

Yeah , why flog a 32 year old with 4 years left and arguably the most important on your list

shouldn’t train before Xmas along with jpk rampe etc

Yeah , why flog a 32 year old with 4 years left and arguably the most important on your list

shouldn’t train before Xmas along with jpk rampe etc

That's a new one... cut a player's preseason on purpose.

The whole objective is the bigger and better the pre-season, the fitter and better they'll be come actual season. That Bud is injured again probably says more about his body than anything that happened six months ago.

Wrap them up in cotton until March?

Why does an experienced player need to train for 8 weeks prior to the new year?

they over train them as it is. Just my view I’m sure some sport scientists will tell me I’m wrong, but I’d rather ease an older player into the year

how many of our recent guys have played well beyond 30 they all seem to fall off quite quickly

Richards okeefe Grundy Jack etc all ended up cooked for instance

let them stay fresh, stop playing them half fit, buddy playing round 23 last year was ******* stupid

One positive, at least doing a hamstring is not as bad as doing a knee. Means when he comes back he won't be hampered by it.

Does anyone know how long he is out? Hamstring injuries can be as little as 4 weeks but as many as 12 weeks?

That's a new one... cut a player's preseason on purpose.

The whole objective is the bigger and better the pre-season, the fitter and better they'll be come actual season. That Bud is injured again probably says more about his body than anything that happened six months ago.

I’m detailing the thread

but it’s hardly a new one

buddy was back training with the first- third year players wasn’t he?

they over train them as it is. Just my view I’m sure some sport scientists will tell me I’m wrong, but I’d rather ease an older player into the year

how many of our recent guys have played well beyond 30 they all seem to fall off quite quickly

let them stay fresh, stop playing them half fit, buddy playing round 23 last year was ******* stupid

I agree we overcook our older players and there have been cases where we played Buddy when we shouldn't have. But you're wrong in this case IMO as he was fully fit before the New Year and we did everything right between his return to training in November and this current injury.

Keeps their fitness up. If you don’t for a few weeks your fitness base drops.
Most players past 30 fade it happens across the competition.
Buddy has injured his hamstring in May, not sure training in November some 6 months earlier makes a difference.

I agree we overcook our older players and there have been cases where we played Buddy when we shouldn't have. But you're wrong in this case IMO as he was fully fit before the New Year and we did everything right between his return to training in November and this current injury.

I agree he was fully fit I think modern footy over train players though, there’s been quite a bit of discussion by people who know way more than me on podcasts lately

each to their own, and clearly clubs disagree with me

Keeps their fitness up. If you don’t for a few weeks your fitness base drops.
Most players past 30 fade it happens across the competition.
Buddy has injured his hamstring in May, not sure training in November some 6 months earlier makes a difference.

Seems to be a lot of players league wide doing injuries in a quest to keep fitness up the last few years

maybe freshen the old guys up and spend more time on skills would improve the game

I agree he was fully fit I think modern footy over train players though, there’s been quite a bit of discussion by people who know way more than me on podcasts lately

each to their own, and clearly clubs disagree with me

You might be right, who knows. But if so that's an AFL-wide problem so to lay the blame at the club's feet is a bit unfair.

You might be right, who knows. But if so that's an AFL-wide problem so to lay the blame at the club's feet is a bit unfair.

Fair point I’ll take that and say it’s more a league issue if it’s an issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly having Lloyd and Dawson as distributors off chb is probably overkill. If Horse doesnt move Lloyd to wing then I reckon Dawson at CHF would be a good decision

Adelaide are a rabble and we will eventually get exposed from lack of taller marking targets

I vote McLean!

Only young and was played mainly as a ruck last year, and understandably was flogged quite often despite his endeavour. But why play Sinclair who is on the wrong side of 30 and won't be part of our next flag, when we could see what McLean has to offer? Rotated through the forward line and resting ruck role in the NEAFL and kicked multiple goals in 7 of his 11 games (three bags of 3, four bags of 2.)

Or in simpler terms: Reid has been selected for a lot less in the past.

Maybe McLean turns out to be a dud and can't translate it from the NEAFL to the big league, but would it really hurt to give him a try?

I vote McLean!

Only young and was played mainly as a ruck last year, and understandably was flogged quite often despite his endeavour. But why play Sinclair who is on the wrong side of 30 and won't be part of our next flag, when we could see what McLean has to offer? Rotated through the forward line and resting ruck role in the NEAFL and kicked multiple goals in 7 of his 11 games (three bags of 3, four bags of 2.)

Or in simpler terms: Reid has been selected for a lot less in the past.

Maybe McLean turns out to be a dud and can't translate it from the NEAFL to the big league, but would it really hurt to give him a try?
Wouldn't be against that at some stage, but Sinkers has earned the right over the last few years IMO. A bit of experience and mongrel up there not a bad idea either. Gives Naismith a rest - perfect. He can stay home out of the square while Dawson and Taller, Skinnier Rohan run around sounds like a plan to me.

Wouldn't be against that at some stage, but Sinkers has earned the right over the last few years IMO. A bit of experience and mongrel up there not a bad idea either. Gives Naismith a rest - perfect. He can stay home out of the square while Dawson and Taller, Skinnier Rohan run around sounds like a plan to me.

Dawson will not be in the forward line

Hewitt will play.. who misses out? Taylor??
How about Blakey and Dawson switch between half forward and wing.. Gould in at half back?
Im keen for McInerny to hold his spot
And would be happy to see McLean get a crack in the forward line

Blakey snr said the list is wide open, so it will be very interesting what the team looks like rd 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back