Unofficial Preview Round 2: Sydney vs Essendon @ SCG, Sunday June 14 3.35pm AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE HAVE A DATE, FOOTY'S BACK

249px-Sydney_Swans_Logo.svg.png
V
293px-Essendon_FC_logo.svg.png

Sunday, 14 June (3:35 PM AEST)
Sydney Cricket Ground

Recent history
Essendon
11.10 (76) def. Sydney 9.12 (66) - Round 16, 2019 (MCG)
Sydney 11.11 (77) def. Essendon 10.12 (72) - Round 8, 2019 (SCG)
Essendon 15.19 (109) def. Sydney 10.6 (66) - Round 19, 2018 (Docklands)
Sydney 19.7 (121) def. Essendon 8.8 (56) - Elimination Final, 2017 (SCG)
Sydney 11.20 (86) def. Essendon 12.13 (85) - Round 14, 2017 (SCG)

Last "round's" teams:
B: Aliir - Rampe - Lloyd
HB: Mills - Brand - Dawson
C: Cunningham - Kennedy - McInerney
HF: Papley - McCartin - Blakey
F: Ronke - Heeney - Hayward
R: Naismith - Parker - Florent
INT: Gray - O'Riordan - Rowbottom - Taylor
-----------------------------------------
B: Ridley - Hurley - Saad
HB: Redman - Zerk-Thatcher - Guelfi
C: Cutler - Shiel - McGrath
HF: Langford - Stringer - Smith
F: Fantasia - Townsend - McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Bellchambers - Zaharakis - Merrett
INT: Parish - Laverde - Snelling - Francis

Speculative injury list
Sydney: Franklin (out)
Essendon: Daniher (out), Johnson (out), Ambrose (maybe?), Draper (probably not)

Last edited:
We have some very winnable games all in a row, would love to see us take advantage of this and get a fast start

Hey fellas.

Daniher and Johnson both won't play (Plus Johnson is probably around 40th in line for getting picked even if he was fit), Heppell also will probably be out.

Draper and Ambrose should be fit but I doubt Draper plays. I'm hoping we go with something like:

Francis (Reid/McCartin?) - Ambrose (Buddy) - Saad (Papley)
Ridley (Blakey) - Hurley (Heeney) - Redman (Gray)

Langford - Smith - Snelling
Bellchambers - Merrett - Shiel

McKenna (Dawson) - McKernan (Aliir) - Walla (Mills?)
Fantasia (Lloyd?) - Hooker (Reid/McCartin/Brand?) - Stringer (Rampe)

Townsend (For) - McGrath (IM) - Parish (IM) - Cutler (OM)

There are some really really unlucky players there for us. McKenna could play defence but he trained as a forward this year.

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this match. I was psyching myself up today by watching Buddy videos.

On another note does anyone know what is happening with the reserves players because they need to be playing as well? I want to see guys like Gould and Stephens pushing for selection but that is hard when they have no exposed form.

Bombers usually start well in their seasons with the move the ball fast at all costs style of football and when on they can blow you off the park but if we can pressure them into errors and man up on that next contest their game will fall apart.

Hope we bring the pressure and Buddy has another big one against them.

so glad we re finally here waiting on the next footy game and life can seem a bit more normal.

Bombers usually start well in their seasons with the move the ball fast at all costs style of football and when on they can blow you off the park but if we can pressure them into errors and man up on that next contest their game will fall apart.

Hope we bring the pressure and Buddy has another big one against them.

so glad we re finally here waiting on the next footy game and life can seem a bit more normal.

A plus side is Buddy loves the Bombers. I think in terms of average goals he averages more against Essendon than everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A plus side is Buddy loves the Bombers. I think in terms of average goals he averages more against Essendon than everyone else.
It's down to 2 goals/game over the last 4!

I really hope it goes up again as I would kill for him to kick 5 or more goals in round 2, not because of Essendon as such, just because I want to see him at full flight.
I'd be happy to see that.

From round 3 onward, that is.

If crowds were allowed at the footy next month, would you go? I probably would.

Hey fellas.

Daniher and Johnson both won't play (Plus Johnson is probably around 40th in line for getting picked even if he was fit), Heppell also will probably be out.

Draper and Ambrose should be fit but I doubt Draper plays. I'm hoping we go with something like:

Francis (Reid/McCartin?) - Ambrose (Buddy) - Saad (Papley)
Ridley (Blakey) - Hurley (Heeney) - Redman (Gray)

Langford - Smith - Snelling
Bellchambers - Merrett - Shiel

McKenna (Dawson) - McKernan (Aliir) - Walla (Mills?)
Fantasia (Lloyd?) - Hooker (Reid/McCartin/Brand?) - Stringer (Rampe)

Townsend (For) - McGrath (IM) - Parish (IM) - Cutler (OM)

There are some really really unlucky players there for us. McKenna could play defence but he trained as a forward this year.
Superstar. Cheers ethy.

... McKenna Dawson would be a great matchup to watch live I reckon.

Superstar. Cheers ethy.

... McKenna Dawson would be a great matchup to watch live I reckon.
I've actually changed my mind and think Conor will play in defence haha. Just too hard to drop Townsend.

However look for Zaharakis to play instead of Snelling or Cutler even though he's cooked.

They're talking about allowing 5k fans in with extreme social distancing. I'd be happy to go. The worst of it is - I'm still paying for my membership and they'd probably charge me entry
If the money goes direct to the club (or majority of it anyway), instead of the AFL, then I'd be happy to part with some $... If ever our club needed us financially then it'll be in the next few years I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back