Game Day Round 2 - The Footscray Midfielders Academy vs West Coast - Sunday March 28, 12:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Im not blaming our blokes, they fought damn hard. fu** the campaignering side that doesnt even handpass the ball correctly.
Well that's on the umpires! The thing is back in 2016 when the Bullues won the flag they won that on being allowed to throw the ball and nothing has changed. And now depending upon the colour of your jumper as whether you get away with it - Richmond players aren't bad at it either from my observation.

Spod

Team Captain
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Great game. The Cripps miss and that disasterous 3 on 1 at the end cost us big time but if we'd held on Dogs could have been pretty filthy about their second quarter where they should have iced us.

All things considered a pretty good effort against a good team.

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
An out of form Cripps is still better than Petrucelle.
Tru dat....but in Petrucelle defence, he's a young buck compare to Cripps.....also hope WC don't pursuit another Cripps at the end of the season
;););)

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Why do Eagles have so many more injuries than other top teams like Port, Bulldogs and Richmond? It's only rd 2 ffs....

Its not the amount of injuries its the quality of the player who is injured ...that's the problem

The club will go nowhere if we do not get Yeo back fast to complete with the opposition big body midfielders...Bonts just dominated today we have no one but Yeo to go with him...that's why we lost today

Happy with the forwards though...JK darling Allen and Jones did okay...even cripps apart from that incident :)

and Nicnat took 2 marks ...amazing lol :)

Aperture

Rookie
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I really need to learn to stay off Facebook after these games... All the comments saying how amazing we were or the dogs deserved it!! No no no... I'm pissed and that's not helping! I'm clearly a slow learner 🤦🏻‍♂️

truman

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Ever since the 2019 loss to Collingwood feels like we have lost most of the games decided by less than 1 or 2 goals, especially against the good teams. Bulldogs twice, Richmond twice and Collingwood in last year's final. Beat the Saints and I think the Cats but these loses are a difference between top 4 or not

WCEswift

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philly Eagles, Boston Red Sox
If i see Gaff Kelly Redden Cole Nelson pull out of gettnig a 50/50 ground ball again ill s**t out of my eyes, bring in Trew at least he isnt scared

Sure, there was plenty of players getting smothered and kicking it into the man on the mark. Normally it wouldn't cost a game when it happens.

But when a professional footballer on 500k a year does it when his team has all the momentum, have their opponents on the ropes, is 15m out in front of goal, the man on the mark is frozen in place, and all he had to do is put through an elementary shot an under 10's girls team could dob...

Yes, you're going to cop some heat for that.

It was an extremely deflating moment. For the fans watching obviously, but also for his teammates. I feel we lost our mojo after that happened.

All things considered I'm proud of the team and pleasantly surprised with the performance, despite the frustrating loss.

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
*In Tim Paine voice* Can’t wait to get those ballflickers back to Optus.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Ever since the 2019 loss to Collingwood feels like we have lost most of the games decided by less than 1 or 2 goals, especially against the good teams. Bulldogs twice, Richmond twice and Collingwood in last year's final. Beat the Saints and I think the Cats but these loses are a difference between top 4 or not

Yup spot on mate.....its starting to P** me off too ..close ones are not going our way and it costs you flags simple as that

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Gaff sits off the contest way too much. I only saw the last quarter but there were two crucial moments where he could have attacked the ball and maybe won it, or at least made it a 50:50 contest, but he just sat back waiting for the easy possession. Very frustrating to watch.

mcfazza28

Senior List
Jul 16, 2011
London
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Fulham
Cripps one of our best today and certainly not the only man to kick it into the mark. Pull your heads in.

I personally think he always plays well and gets his role and is a true professional.

The problem is that he makes silly junior footy mistakes or fumbles at critical times. After such a long career the question is why?

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You havent been around bigfooty long enough then.

Go back and watch the close ones over the last few years and tell me how many of those we won vs top 8 sides. I'll wait.

This is a ridiculous comment. Here‘s some example from the past 2 years:

Port Adelaide after the siren in 2018.

Collingwood at the MCG in 2018.

Richmond at home in 2018.

The QF against Collingwood in 2018.

The GF against Collingwood in 2018.

Collingwood at the MCG in 2019.

Hawthorn at the MCG in 2019

St Kilda in 2020 with half our side missing.

I could list some home games from 2020 as well, but I don’t think you’ll count those.

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
I get it that Cripps didn’t lose us the game, but he pretty much had a chance to win it and he blew it. Not suggesting he should be dropped, but it shouldn’t be forgotten.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a ridiculous comment. Here‘s some example from the past 2 years:

Port Adelaide after the siren in 2018.

Collingwood at the MCG in 2018.

Richmond at home in 2018.

The QF against Collingwood in 2018.

The GF against Collingwood in 2018.

Collingwood at the MCG in 2019.

Hawthorn at the MCG in 2019

St Kilda in 2020 with half our side missing.

I could list some home games from 2020 as well, but I don’t think you’ll count those.

Most of your examples were in the flag year. Righto.

Hawks finished 9th in 2019, and my recollection was that we went in heavy favourites in that one and nearly ballsed it up.

So we've won.....2 since the premiership. Frankly thats just not good enough.

If anything your argument reinforces what I am saying - we havent been good enough to win the close ones for a few years now. When we have been good enough, we've won the flag. I would say the same is true for just about all flag sides too.

Last edited:
Back