Game Day Round 2 - The Footscray Midfielders Academy vs West Coast - Sunday March 28, 12:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff sits off the contest way too much. I only saw the last quarter but there were two crucial moments where he could have attacked the ball and maybe won it, or at least made it a 50:50 contest, but he just sat back waiting for the easy possession. Very frustrating to watch.

I think I know one of the moments you are talking about.
He’s an outside mid and these guys are trained within an inch of their life to know what to do in certain scenarios.
I can’t remember who, but there was another WC player in that contest and you could see Gaff recognise who it was and that it was them who should go in, and he should pause and make himself available for the clearance.

Having said all of that, the moment called for that ball to be ours or a stoppage and to kill the noise. Sometimes you need to operate in the grey and stuck to black or white.

Dogs fan here and sorry for the intrusion. That was an all time game that could have gone either way and considering your personal down you guys had a red hot crack. No losers from that game and you will be right at the top of the tree once some midfield reinforcements come into the side

Most of your examples were in the flag year. Righto.

Hawks finished 9th in 2019, and my recollection was that we went in heavy favourites in that one.

So we've won.....1 since the premiership. Frankly thats just not good enough.

Against Hawthorn, we were playing in the wet at a ground we hadn’t beaten them at in 13 years.

We also beat Collingwood and Geelong at home in 2020.

To me, it seems like you’re letting your reaction to this game sour your outlook on our team too much.

Dogs fan here and sorry for the intrusion. That was an all time game that could have gone either way and considering your personal down you guys had a red hot crack. No losers from that game and you will be right at the top of the tree once some midfield reinforcements come into the side

No, there was a loser from that game, and it was us. Again.

A lot of us are cracking the sh*ts right now because we've seen this song and dance before - lose close games to rival top 8 clubs, finish outside the 4, get bundled out early come finals.

You had a good win. Enjoy it.

You havent been around bigfooty long enough then.

Go back and watch the close ones over the last few years and tell me how many of those we won vs top 8 sides. I'll wait.

Mate I’ve been here since 2007 , when did u join?, I seem to remember we won a granny by less then a goal and couple of kicks after the siren?

Alright then.

He fumbled the ball, shirked numerous contests, allowed his man to run off him and had 0 impact on the general play for the entirety of the game bar one good tackle.

He is then gifted a moment to actually contribute, a set shot that any Auskicker could drill, and he fu**s its up.

Just like last week, he's not mentally engaged in the game, and appears to be looking for the cheap gimme goal without wanting to do any of the work.

So yes, he's to blame, he's been sh*t this season and needs a kick up the arse.
Again,

Pinning an entire result on an individual is embarrassing. We’ve won games with individuals contributing less.

It was a classic game of footy and there had to be a loser. We’re not going to win every ******* game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of us are cracking the sh*ts right now because we've seen this song and dance before - lose close games to rival top 8 clubs, finish outside the 4, get bundled out early come finals.

You had a understrength midfield and nearly won an away game on sheer effort. You played sh*t last week and won there were definate positive signs today. Surely you are some what rationale

Why are you jumping the gun ridiculously early this year? This is just outright useless pessimism. Maybe you should wait a little bit longer before assuming we’re already screwed before we start.

Against Hawthorn, we were playing in the wet at a ground we hadn’t beaten them at in 13 years.

We also beat Collingwood and Geelong at home in 2020.

To me, it seems like you’re letting your reaction to this game sour your outlook on our team too much.

Not at all. We havent been good enough over the last few years to eek out these close wins - thats not emotion, thats just fact. Teams that compete for the flag dig in and win these types of contests - Richmond have been doing it, Geelong did it last year, we did it in 2018. Since then we have been pretty consistent in losing these close matches and its cost us at the pointy end of the year multiple times.

I know its only round 2, but its ominous that we once again have fought back against a side we will be competing with come finals and fallen short at the death.

Gaff sits off the contest way too much. I only saw the last quarter but there were two crucial moments where he could have attacked the ball and maybe won it, or at least made it a 50:50 contest, but he just sat back waiting for the easy possession. Very frustrating to watch.
And on several other occasions when he did get the ball, instead of hand passing to a teammate in the clear ,Gaff went for the usual blind kick over his shoulder. Trying to rack up stats I suspect.

You had a understrength midfield and nearly won an away game on sheer effort. You played sh*t last week and won there were definate positive signs today. Surely you are some what rationale

I didnt say there werent positive signs - quite a few individual players played well. But once again we have failed to get over a prospective Top 8 side at the death in a tight game - this has cost us a place in the Top 4 two years in a row. Understandably some of us are not impressed with seeing the same again in 2021.

Not at all. We havent been good enough over the last few years to eek out these close wins - thats not emotion, thats just fact. Teams that compete for the flag dig in and win these types of contests - Richmond have been doing it, Geelong did it last year, we did it in 2018. Since then we have been pretty consistent in losing these close matches and its cost us at the pointy end of the year multiple times.

I know its only round 2, but its ominous that we once again have fought back against a side we will be competing with come finals and fallen short at the death.

Well I would have thought you would be “happy” that we got so close, I mean they were going to bury us weren’t they?

Port have a good record over here , and are probably the form team in the comp, I’d be gob smacked if we went in as favourites

I don’t think we will be favourites, if so, only slightly.
Easy to be the form team when you have played slop to start the season 😂 They are a good H&A side though, so will be a challenge no doubt!

I don’t think we played s**t last week. It was a game played in 34 degrees, it was an extreme environment to play AFL in. Plus I think Gold Coast will surprise a few this year.

we are collectively annoyed because should Cripps kick a gimme goal we would have been three goals up in the last. That well have been the difference and these are games you need to win to finish top four. If you are not a Vic team this the difference between being a genuine contender and an also ran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back