Round 2 Trades (5 available)

How many trades are you making this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viney never been a proven premo but in shorten games he and a few others that shorten quarters suit them.Who knows .

Spot on imo, he is full of heart and playing angry . Hard tackling contested ball beast playing like someone twice his size,which we all know scores sc points. Started with him and not leaving my side until that changes.

Viney never been a proven premo but in shorten games he and a few others that shorten quarters suit them.Who knows .

How do shortened quarters suit Viney, though? Surely you aren't basing that of only 1 game? His TOG% is still very low compared to the gun SC mids who are up around 90% TOG. Viney's only scored 100+ SC points 37 times from 120 career games (30%)

AAAAAAAA.JPG

Have narrowed down to 2 options atm, and it really all just depends on if I wanna keep Gawn.
Had him pegged as #1 scorer at the start of the year, so leaning towards keeping him and backing in my initial thoughts.

Pick all the rucks options, even though I think they are horrible footballers.
Gawn > Naismith
Bont > Viney
Starcevich > Howe
BZT > Fort
Cavarra > Ceglar
$21.1k.

Or keeping Gawn Grundy and just cashing in on Viney's quick money.
Bont > Viney
Starcevich > Howe
BZT > Sturt

$9,500 and two trades for hopefully some rookie corrections.

Hopefully Bont cops it from Steele, DeBoer and Hewett and then I can trade Viney back out for him.

How do shortened quarters suit Viney, though? Surely you aren't basing that of only 1 game? His TOG% is still very low compared to the gun SC mids who are up around 90% TOG. Viney's only scored 100+ SC points 37 times from 120 career games (30%)

View attachment 887090

Never looked at his TOG.
My post was just my 25 cents worth.

View attachment 887090

To me he is pretty much the same as Shiel who also had irregular high scoring game, though I dont think Viney is too much of a bad pick up given his price as long as you are not expecting are 105+ average.

To me he is pretty much the same as Shiel who also had irregular high scoring game, though I dont think Viney is too much of a bad pick up given his price as long as you are not expecting are 105+ average.

The same Shiel that can't hit the side of a barn :moustache:.

Any chance that spud Hibberd going score us some SC points anytime soon ?

How do shortened quarters suit Viney, though? Surely you aren't basing that of only 1 game? His TOG% is still very low compared to the gun SC mids who are up around 90% TOG. Viney's only scored 100+ SC points 37 times from 120 career games (30%

View attachment 887090

I am probably guilty of putting a lot of emphasis on the one game but what I saw was a player with a role change let loose to win the ball and let James Harmes look after the negating side which Viney has had to do before last year. Could see different stats at years end but of course you are right and much safer to base on history. Imo Jack will be pinching some of Clarry’s numbers.

Why would anyone trade in Viney like he's going to snap his fingers and turn into a midfield premo suddenly?

He's always been in that 85-95 AVG bracket for mine.

Are people jumping on purely because of his mammoth R1 score? I haven't seen point chasing like that since Joe Montana.
He was that tiger guy right?

Have narrowed down to 2 options atm, and it really all just depends on if I wanna keep Gawn.
Had him pegged as #1 scorer at the start of the year, so leaning towards keeping him and backing in my initial thoughts.

Pick all the rucks options, even though I think they are horrible footballers.
Gawn > Naismith
Bont > Viney
Starcevich > Howe
BZT > Fort
Cavarra > Ceglar
$21.1k.

Or keeping Gawn Grundy and just cashing in on Viney's quick money.
Bont > Viney
Starcevich > Howe
BZT > Sturt

$9,500 and two trades for hopefully some rookie corrections.

Hopefully Bont cops it from Steele, DeBoer and Hewett and then I can trade Viney back out for him.
First one imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spitballing... I feel like it’s a a lot of ******* around for not a lot of gain (especially on field).

BZT to S. Hill
D. Roberton to S. Naismith
T. Green to D. Robertson
A. Brayshaw to J. Howe
T. Bedford to S. Sturt

Hill as a trade in before being confirmed for his 2nd game is stupid.
Robertson will probably be dropped.
Will Sturt even be named?
Naismith on the pine is a lot of coin, but he will make bulk $$$.
Will Brayshaw show preseason form and will Howe digress?
Will BZT and Bedford get dropped?
Will Carlisle come back so Roberton can play as a rebounder?
So many questions....

Just spitballing... I feel like it’s a a lot of ******* around for not a lot of gain (especially on field).

BZT to S. Hill
D. Roberton to S. Naismith
T. Green to D. Robertson
A. Brayshaw to J. Howe
T. Bedford to S. Sturt

Hill as a trade in before being confirmed for his 2nd game is stupid.
Robertson will probably be dropped.
Will Sturt even be named?
Naismith on the pine is a lot of coin, but he will make bulk $$$.
Will Brayshaw show preseason form and will Howe digress?
Will BZT and Bedford get dropped?
Will Carlisle come back so Roberton can play as a rebounder?
So many questions....

Don't think SC beast sturt will play .

I'm considering Ollie. SPS too D/M.
SPS way too pricey for me. Only looking at Florent coz 50-100K cheaper again and has the midfield minutes coming up. SPS is an option for those Houston type buyers only in def line. Lots of options in mids around mid 400K and i want some cash generation before upgrading.
We'll be lucky to get 100K out of 90% rooks this season, so i just want to pick one guy at M6/7 that can end up maybe 450-475K and add 100K for a fallen mid primo. Rooks will be rotated coz no reserve games to show form. We're going to have lots of zombie rooks 170-210K stinking up our benches, and may need 2-3 rooks for one decent upgrade. Im thinking 6 uberprimo's in mids is all we'll have by the end, plus 2 guys hopefully going 90ish. Even more important to get the s**t off the field in def and fwds as soon as humanly possible this season. Rambling a bit sorry, thinking as i type. Single rook upgrades will be rare as rocking horse s**t this year.

Last edited:
Considering the below options pending team announcements:

Sicily > Howe
NicNat > Naismith
D Roberton > S Hill
A Brayshaw > Fort
T Green > Titch

Leaves me with the following team:

A bit light in def and fwd but mids look alot stronger.

1591399956958.png

Alternatively, I am thinking

Sicily > Howe
NicNat > Naismith
T Green > Viney

Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Considering the below options pending team announcements:

Sicily > Howe
NicNat > Naismith
D Roberton > S Hill
A Brayshaw > Fort
T Green > Titch

Leaves me with the following team:

A bit light in def and fwd but mids look alot stronger.

View attachment 887475

Alternatively, I am thinking

Sicily > Howe
NicNat > Naismith
T Green > Viney

Thoughts?

Thanks guys.
I'm not a fan of Sicily to Howe or Roberton to Hill..I don't think Hill will get picked and Roberton is still value imo.

OUT

T.Lynch
Brayshaw
McAsey
BZT

IN

Harris Andrews
SPS
Sturt*
Dev Robertson*

*Pending selection

I'm not a fan of Sicily to Howe or Roberton to Hill..I don't think Hill will get picked and Roberton is still value imo.
Thanks for the feedback mate.

Curious as to why you think Sicily to Howe is a bad move? Frees up 70k and I think they will avg similar. Seems to be a popular move for Sicily owners.

I 100% agree re Roberton, with Carlisle and a few others coming back in will hopefully free him up to play that attacking defensive role.. But who knows how Ratts will plan to use him but if he can come back to 70% the player he was a couple yrs back then he might be worth keeping.

On TRT-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back