Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am going to trade out Greene to Miller just to give myself some options for next week.
A word of advice

Don't

I rage traded Greene after a 55 in round 1 for Sam Gray after a 137 and that trade completely backfired come seasons end when I was rotating Suckling and Clay Smith at F6 and wasn't able to get in Dusty plus my rucks went down once I had ran out of trades. Greene would've been so much better at F6 in my team mixing in with other premos in NRoo, Joey, Zorko, Hall and Zerrett

Miller hasn't shown the consistency yet to average 90, plus he has the R9 bye, just feel you're chasing points. He has a solid ceiling, but his poor games are scores of 40-60s, if his poor scores were 70-80s then lock him in, but he hasn't showed this level of consistency yet, whereas a Zerrett did in his 2nd year averaging about 90 in 2015 and a worst score of only 65.

A word of advice

Don't
Agreed, back your (uninjured) premos. There were some tasty scores in Rd1 that a lot of folks missed. Most of them came from players that don't have that sort of high scoring consistancy, and no change in role. You'd expect them to level off quickly.

I rage traded Greene after a 55 in round 1 for Sam Gray after a 137
I started with him and that still backfired on me. Took me ages to get rid of.

Hence the reason I'm doing it
Every chance your output will be better too.

I'm in favour of sidewaysing injured/suspended premiums early in the year when the onfield backup just isn't available. How many points are potentially lost when fielding rookies for example? I remember when Lewis the flog got himself suspended against Norf for 2 weeks in 2015, then he was a late withdrawal for another game a week or two after he returned. So many points lost there. If it were only 1 week I'd probably leave it alone and take the short term hit, but 2-3 weeks is too long. A lot of us held Laird last year with his injury also, would've been a better call to just dump him at the time as he missed 4-5 weeks when 2-3 was said. Probably would've been 150 points better off instead of fielding a yoyo like Ruggles in that time. I reckon holding Lewis and Laird the last 2 years were mistakes in hindsight due to onfield point tallies probably being lowered in their absence.

If a Jaegarbomb or Roughy got a week somewhere then I'd probably hold as their 60-90 scores could probably be replaced by a rookie however.

Every chance your output will be better too.

I'm in favour of sidewaysing injured/suspended premiums early in the year when the onfield backup just isn't available. How many points are potentially lost when fielding rookies for example? I remember when Lewis the flog got himself suspended against Norf for 2 weeks in 2015, then he was a late withdrawal for another game a week or two after he returned. So many points lost there. If it were only 1 week I'd probably leave it alone and take the short term hit, but 2-3 weeks is too long. A lot of us held Laird last year with his injury also, would've been a better call to just dump him at the time as he missed 4-5 weeks when 2-3 was said. Probably would've been 150 points better off instead of fielding a yoyo like Ruggles in that time. I reckon holding Lewis and Laird the last 2 years were mistakes in hindsight due to onfield point tallies probably being lowered in their absence.

If a Jaegarbomb or Roughy got a week somewhere then I'd probably hold as their 60-90 scores could probably be replaced by a rookie however.

Output will be about the same imo

Roo v Laird..about even

Smith (def rookie) v a fwd rookie about the same.

As you said its more about not leaking unnecessary points in Rd2

I can DPP in Butler or Hannan for Joel Smith. Who has better JS?

Apart from the risk in bringing in a one gamer can anyone convince me of why letting Joel smith (out for 4 months) sit on the bench this week is a good idea?

Apart from the risk in bringing in a one gamer can anyone convince me of why letting Joel smith (out for 4 months) sit on the bench this week is a good idea?
Assess rookies further

Someone may debut this week and look the goods, whereas you've already replaced Smith and that replacement isn't as good.

Someone may get dropped in round 3 also, so you're stuck with a first gamer or 2nd gamer not making cash again.

loophole option with t adams playing thurs night? but i get the feeling that non-playing def rookies may not be overly hard to come by come tomorrow night when they release teams :'(

A word of advice

Don't

I rage traded Greene after a 55 in round 1 for Sam Gray after a 137 and that trade completely backfired come seasons end when I was rotating Suckling and Clay Smith at F6 and wasn't able to get in Dusty plus my rucks went down once I had ran out of trades. Greene would've been so much better at F6 in my team mixing in with other premos in NRoo, Joey, Zorko, Hall and Zerrett

Miller hasn't shown the consistency yet to average 90, plus he has the R9 bye, just feel you're chasing points. He has a solid ceiling, but his poor games are scores of 40-60s, if his poor scores were 70-80s then lock him in, but he hasn't showed this level of consistency yet, whereas a Zerrett did in his 2nd year averaging about 90 in 2015 and a worst score of only 65.

I got greene don't trade him he'll go nuts this weekend against suns 140. you won't see gws play like that again

My plan for tomorrow

If Otten or Hibberd are named. No Trading
If BOTH Otten and Hibberd are dropped, look to replace Joel Smith with a named rookie from either DEF, MID or FWD (DPP swapping can occur) who has solid job security (if such a magic player exists).

Zach Guthrie keeps on being talked up as a potential debut (and a solid scorer) but he still needs to be promoted off the rookie list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even with NRoo, JSmith and SH*T rookie conundrums i think i'm leaning towards holding all trades this week and just using both next week. rookies that would potentially be traded in this week are just as likely to get dropped next week as the ones we would be trading out (other than smith) so its very risky IMO until we know which rookies will have that R3 price rise

If BOTH Otten and Hibberd are dropped, look to replace Joel Smith with a named rookie from either DEF, MID or FWD (DPP swapping can occur) who has solid job security (if such a magic player exists).

Seeing as thou butler didnt score what i needed Nroo - Macrae thats all for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to reverse my Smith to McGrath trade, but cannot find the button to do it. Does anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Gahhh I just read you can't reverse after partial lockout! How dumb is that, basically I am locked out, bugger. Oh well, hopefully McGrath kills it.

Last edited:
I am trying to reverse my Smith to McGrath trade, but cannot find the button to do it. Does anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Gahhh I just read you can't reverse after partial lockout! How dumb is that, basically I am locked out, bugger. Oh well, hopefully McGrath kills it.

I did the same thing last night traded nroo to macrae then realized you cant reverse oh well

Eddy dropped... doesn't surprise really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back