Trades Round 2 Trades

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Think he was on 40 at 3 qtr time, so it was nearly a complete disaster.
Was on 50 I think, but it's still no good. I was hoping he was past this, but he seems he's still pretty sporadic. Not sure if I want to put up with that this year

I have considered this and that could well be the case. Im not overly confident on Bundy ATM and think it could be worth tradeing him out.

Also considering tradeing Buddy.
Can someone confirm Buddys BE think its about ~70
So...what did you do?

(Apologies if you posted in the ensuing pages; call me a lazy prick - you wouldn't be alone - but I cbf reading through them to find out...)

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
So...what did you do?

(Apologies if you posted in the ensuing pages; call me a lazy prick - you wouldn't be alone - but I cbf reading through them to find out...)

Christensen > W.Frampton (English on field FWD)
L.Murphy > Z.Guthrie

Quick cash generation and good on field scoring potentially

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
551/4 (C) so far. Took Laird's score as captain and Billings has been the only letdown so far. Was struggling between choosing Brayshaw or Holman to start on field with T. Kelly. Chose Brayshaw in the last minute. What mid rookies are you guys fielding?

Brayshaw Kelly

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
This week I went SMartin > NicNat and OFlorent > Taranto & now have $208k!

Bringing Nic in was all about the chance to make money. With a BE of 43 against Stefs 114, it was to good to pass up. The Taranto trade, that was just common sense!!!

Brayshaw, Holman and Barry are my starting Mid Rooks, with Clark and Banfield on the bench!

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
I started with devo because of warnie but his last two vs Freo 56 & 77 have me using the cash else where.

Warnie - the one and only! That profile picture looks a few years out of date haha!
Yes I bought in to the hype as well - hope he will repay the faith. Taranto looks quality too.

My take on Smith after watching him last weekend is he'll take some time to adjust to the role and to gel with his new team. He's full-time mid (no resting forward from what I saw) and spent much of his time around the contest.

I'm hoping he'll improve through the season, but I'll take 90s for now.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Did you trade Titch?
I did not, but I'm thinking it's not gonna matter, as I'm one of the few that doesn't have Laird and that's gonna cost me this round. Would definitely have taken his Captain's score. I also didn't put the C on Titch, because even though I didn't get rid of him, I still don't trust that he'll get a good enough score to justify captaincy. Could very well eat my words, but I'm tipping sub 100-110 at most. Traded in Cogs for Duncan (for a few weeks because of his BE) and chucked the C on him seeing as he's playing Buckley's 'don't tag anymore' magpies. Traded down from Lobb to Zuthrie seeing as he's up against Grundy this week and Zach's BE is 4, and I'm left with 300K to build on in the follow weeks. This week could prove to be a disaster though haha.

Chrissybabes

All Australian
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers

Yeah based on the feedback I went Merrett > Cogs and Naughton > Guthrie. It has freed up a bit of much needed cash.

Merrett will go 150+ now

I sure hope not!

I am planning on upgrading to him in 2-3 weeks or so hahah

Oh btw my trades were Kruezer > NicNat and Merrett > Cogs.

Now I have 520k in the bank ready for a few early upgrades :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Guys, i'm going Naughton to Ed. Richards in a trade. Is that crazy? I'd love to keep Naughton but I really liked the look of Richards in the pre-season. It also allows me to go Merrett to Josh Kelly which isn't necessary but allows me to get a player who is just as good as merrett just without the injury hoopla.

So you kept Kruz, I hope you have English set as 'E'!

Colonel_Panic

All Australian
Sep 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
In the end I went with:

Treloar -> Cripps (regretting that already; moar goals pls)
Zerrett -> Danger (I want both in my team by season's end, so decided Zerrett has more chance to lose value than Danger, so why not go for it now)

In hindsight I wish I'd gotten Taranto in for Lambert, but hopefully next week. (Or, you know, O'Shea for Weitering. Wow I am bad at this game.)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
ended up going Dev Smith > Taranto and
Florent > A Young
These aren't very good trades in my opinion
Nothing I saw from Smith last week had me worried he wouldn't average 95. Taranto has shown little fantasy pedigree in a ridiculously talented midfield. Don't think he averages well with Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Shiel, Ward and Scully all likely to be demanding most midfield ball.

Nothing wrong with Florent to Young though. Mid Price swap

Back