Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Still some restrictions, I could trade a Forward, move a centre down and buy a centre but I couldn't then shuffle a defender into the centre so I could get a defender.

C'mon DT if it's all legal when the money changes hands.

If both are named, will be going..
Z Smith -> Leunberger
Whitfield -> Crouch

Frees up roughly $160k which could come in very handy.

Thinking about making a change or two to my midfield. Put up 1,989 but think I might be better off trading out Embley or Bennell. Got $65,800 before any moves, recommendations?
Yeah not a personal fan of Bennell. Had a great year last year but I would think for the price you are paying you could find other options. Mundy at his price range would be the knee jerk reaction but If you can free up 100k by doing Embley to a rookie you missed you could pick whoever you want.

Embley however was vested and scored well in his time on field. At his price his vest score shouldn't even result in a monetary loss so maybe decide if he really needs to go.

Yeah not a personal fan of Bennell. Had a great year last year but I would think for the price you are paying you could find other options. Mundy at his price range would be the knee jerk reaction but If you can free up 100k by doing Embley to a rookie you missed you could pick whoever you want.

Embley however was vested and scored well in his time on field. At his price his vest score shouldn't even result in a monetary loss so maybe decide if he really needs to go.

Thinking about bringing Viney into the starting 22, setting Embley as the emergency and trading out Bennell. Mundy was my first choice but considering Barlow and Griffen as well. Don't know all that much about the Freo boys but Griff seems set to have another solid year.

Thinking about bringing Viney into the starting 22, setting Embley as the emergency and trading out Bennell. Mundy was my first choice but considering Barlow and Griffen as well. Don't know all that much about the Freo boys but Griff seems set to have another solid year.
I would take any of those 3 guys over Bennell. Griffen will have some huge games but consider the tag.

Will Barlow/Mundy attract a tag over Pearce/Hill?

Will Griffen attract a tag?

These questions would steer me towards one of the Freo boys :thumbsu:

Please be joking.

why joking??
I think JPK can be traded sidways to Ryan Griffen (with no Boyd Griffen steps up)
Varcoe i should never have picked - he played okay and still only scored 50 odd
2 trades allows me to gamble as such and protect from massive $$$ losses in player value

why joking??
I think JPK can be traded sidways to Ryan Griffen (with no Boyd Griffen steps up)
Varcoe i should never have picked - he played okay and still only scored 50 odd
2 trades allows me to gamble as such and protect from massive $$$ losses in player value

Should have clarified, it's not the Varcoe trade I was talking about.

It just seems reactive trading JPK when he's consistent and occasionally smashes out massive scores - this is why you picked him, right? Forget the idea that the Swans early run of soft teams means potentially massive scores - JPK scores well against all types. Perhaps he didn't quite kill it against the Giants as you expected. I guess I'm just surprised that sideways trading a player of his calibre is a priority at this point in the season, and you might regret it come the weekend.

But, to be clear, I was just surprised is all, I'm not deriding anyone's picks or any kind of KA rubbish.

Beams to Swallow I'll reverse it if Beams miraculously comes back. Just putting it out there, not a fan of all these trades. I'm getting quite bored of this version of DT now, getting far more into the elite version.

Should have clarified, it's not the Varcoe trade I was talking about.

It just seems reactive trading JPK when he's consistent and occasionally smashes out massive scores - this is why you picked him, right? Forget the idea that the Swans early run of soft teams means potentially massive scores - JPK scores well against all types. Perhaps he didn't quite kill it against the Giants as you expected. I guess I'm just surprised that sideways trading a player of his calibre is a priority at this point in the season, and you might regret it come the weekend.

But, to be clear, I was just surprised is all, I'm not deriding anyone's picks or any kind of KA rubbish.

LOL - no stress and feel free to abuse my trades (i'm a big boy i can take it)
Just think Griffens game style reflects a better scoring potential than JPKs at present, that coupled with no Boyd at Doggies versus a swag of mids at the swans and with 44 trades i think i can speculate a touch, have no fear i fully expect him to be back into my team at some stage. have all the 'right rookies"at this stage so happy to speculate with a couple of premium sideways trades to generate cash and hopefully break even on points or even get slightly ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I`m finding it hard to cope with the concept of trading this early, I`ve tried it and it feels good, but I might have to reverse them, I may need an intervention.

I need help.
Ok. My name's lmach and I am a DTaholic. The first step is admitting it.

Barlow and Mundy will never be tagged
Hill/Fyfe are the first go to guys,
mundy would be more likely to be shut down over Barlow, no body every tags Barlow

Griffen will get tagged every week surely??
Mundy will be tagged by Lower this weekend, I assure you.

Maric > Kreuzer
Patton > Kennedy

Cash maximisation will be the key this year and these trades should help with that. Plus, these two looked great in round one and I just simply wanted them :p
Maric out seems unusual, but if you can get a little 2-4ppg lesser average from a player worth 100k less.. it seems a no brainer with 44 trades :thumbsu:

If Leuey is selected will do the following

Lucas > Wines
Maccaffer > Leuenberger (Cox to Fwds)

which would then give me the below rabble...

Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Pittard, Goodes, Stevenson (Heath, Colquhoun)
Swan, Ablett, Dangerfield, Greene, Fyfe, Embley, Wines, Viney (O'Meara, Jones)
Kreuzer, Leuenberger (Currie, Naismith)
Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, N Riewoldt, A Goodes, Karnezis (Neade, Dwyer)

(Danger & Greene get another week to redeem themselves)

The only bright light in my dismal team in that I already have Leuey as R3 so I have two trades for fixing! :)

Watts is getting the boot of course (what the heck was he playing FB for!!) Will likely bring in Vickery or Kennedy, though not sure which.

Toumpas -> Jones ($$$)

If luey doesn't come in, luey -> Kreuzer.

If luey does come in, no trade.

How good was Jones on the ground, I didn't see. Good enough to warrant more games?

By the way while O'meara got a great score, he wasn't that good on the ground IMO, very nervous around the ball. In a more established team I could see him missing some games or being green vested, but at GC will he get more game time?

By the way while O'meara got a great score, he wasn't that good on the ground IMO, very nervous around the ball. In a more established team I could see him missing some games or being green vested, but at GC will he get more game time?
Give him a break, it was his debut game :cool: I thought he played really well. Lol :confused: We have developed some depth in our list now for the first time, and key players still have to make their way into the side. He will play when he is fit to play, simple as that so dont make assumptions when you dont know :thumbsu:

Fools gold IMHO

Perhaps, saw some of the match and seemed to get a few easy marks that led to some goals, might not be able to repeat. But at 244k could still be good value till I can afford upgrades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back