Senior List
Aug 3, 2007
London
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just the one certain change this week:

Out: Howard (knee)
In: Griffen

In addition, I would be tempted to do a straight swap with Roughead for Cordy. Ayce snagged four goals for Williamstown and deserves a shot, but likely the coach will give Roughead another week.

I think we need a genuine target up forward and would love to see Panos get a game.

Others who are vulnerable include Addison, Dickson and Wallis. If any of these are dropped, their replacements will be either Djerrkurra, Gilbee, Sherman, Veszpremi or Skinner.

Macca looks like a man who will not make changes unless players have had a reasonable opportunity to improve, so for that reason, I think he will persist with his current selections, and make only the one forced change.

Cordy for Grant and Griff in for Howard. I don't see the point in Grant being the sub to be honest.

Tippert will be a handful and I thought we could have done with Ayce in defense yesterday also.

Gilbee, Sherman looked ok, but I think they need more match time at Willi. DJ was ok so he could be a possibility. Tutt moved well, but lacked touch at times, but he must be in the mix also.

Cordy has to come in and Griffen if he is completely right. Would also bring in DJ as sub.
Out Wallis, Dickson, and Roughead. Also worried about Markovic against either Tippett or Walker.
Edit: Forgot about Howard so Dickson stays in.

Don't forget Howard is out injured.

IN: Cordy, Djerrkura
OUT: Howard, Grant

Play Cordy as a FF, not a ruck. Roughead/Minson to alternate ruck FP or could go back to give Lake a hand if he fails to perform again. We shouldn't drop Roughead for failing to dominate the best ruck combo in the league but he needs to be on notice as both Cordy and Campbell are banging on the door.

I'd have suggested including Panos but he missed out on a game altogether on the weekend. Give him another run for Willi and if he does well bring him in for Round 3 (possibly for Roughead).

Unless he's absolutely iron clad 100% fit, give Griffen an extra week to recover. What's to be gained by risking him against Adelaide?

Grant needs to start dominating at Willi before he's ready for the big time.

Make Djerrkura or Dickson the sub.

Don't think he'll make wholesale changes, but for mine;

IN: Griffen, Sherman, Tutt, Cordy
OUT: Wallis, Grant, Howard, Dickson

We need an extra tall in the forward line, and Cordy kicked 4 on a quality defender and has to get a look in. Griffen, Sherman and Tutt all inject extra pace into the side (if one of them isn't right, either retain Grant or bring in Djerrkurra) which is another thing we lacked against WC.

Howard is obviously injured, Grant just gave us nothing I felt and Wallis needs more time. Don't think he's mentally ready yet.

At first I thought we should drop Dickson, he look completely out of his depth on Sunday @ AFL Level. But Macca doesn't strike me as the type of guy who drop someone after 1 bad game.

Griffen comes back in for me, Howard out as he's injured.

One move I would like to make it give Vezpremi a go in the backline to move Robert Murphy up front, we don't have enough quality in the forward line.

Does Grant need to be dropped? Only played a quarter yet did not show anything.
Grant would have had 2 goals in the last quarter but for a brain fade and a shanked kick. Should keep his spot. My take...

Outs: Howard, Roughead, Dickson

Ins: Griffen, Cordy, one of Tutt/Sherman

Grant would have had 2 goals in the last quarter but for a brain fade and a shanked kick. Should keep his spot. My take...

Outs: Howard, Roughead, Dickson

Ins: Griffen, Cordy, one of Tutt/Sherman

Agree.

Grant could have had 2 in 1 quarter, Jones had 3 all game.. Lets give Grant a full game and see what he can do.

I would love to see tutt get a game am a real fan.

I would love to see Cordy play but done think we are going to give him a go as of yet. We may bring him in for round 5 against GWS to give Minno a rest before taking on the pies round 6..

Outs: Howard (injured), Dickson, Roughead.
Ins: Veszpremi, Panos, Campbell.

Vespa as a straight swap for Howard.

Dickson out for Panos, who I believe to be our future FF. Giving him a debut in his home state would be a nice touch.

Roughead out for Campbell. I think Roughead and Minson are competing for the same position - the #1 ruck. Cordy and Campbell seem more versatile, and I am keen to see what Campbell can do at FF after a promising performance in the nab Cup. Rutten would be a tough first up gig!

The sub should be Wallis, not Grant. Wallis showed enough promise in round 1 I thought, he just needs games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Dickson was that poor. Sure he missed an easy set shot, but his defensive pressure was good and his effort was good. There were worse payers than him.

Out : Howard, Roughead, Wallis
In: Griffen, Cordy, Panos

I'd move Murphy forward and Higgins back. Play Lake at CHB and give him license to move forward, But tell him to also drop back in the hole in front of Markovich. But work hard to try and to spoil or mark the ball as much as possible. (Not stand on people's shoulders and be a hero). I'd Have Smith and Dahlhaus on the wings. They're creative and fast.

b: Addison, Markovic, Shaggy
hb: Higgins, Lake, Wood
c: Smith, Griffen, Dahlhaus
HF: Cooney, Jones, Murphy
F: Gia, Panos, Dickson
Foll: Minson, Boyd, Picken

Int: Libba, Cross, Cordy
Sub: Grant

Obviously Griffen in for Howard. Would also like to see Cordy come in, for who I don't know. Bit harsh dropping Dickson after his debut, wasn't the best but will be better in his 2nd game.

We would need to elevate Cambell..

Would rather Roughead in the ruck and Minson stays at FF with cordy rotating ruck and CHB if we need him to drop in the hole as a loose man..

Hopefully Lake can lift this week which and gives Marko a hand which should get both there confidence up..

Get Griff in there with Coon cant wait to see Griff play again (its been 1 week too long!)

Out: Howard (injured), Smith (rested)
In: Djerrkurra, Sherman (Griff for Sherman if fit)

On form Wood should be the major omission from this week. He was shocking and I am generally a fan. Other than that we need another tall at either end. Defensively we just need another big body as were obviously terribly exposed this week. In the forward line Jones was continually flying against mulitple opponents without Minson or Roughead in sight. We need another tall forward to give Jones the chop out as well as being a target.

Out: Howard (inj), Wood, Roughead
In: Panos, Cordy, Djerkurra

Minson to ruck for most of the game and Cordy to play 90% forward. Panos to help out down back.

IN: (PACE) Griffen, DJ, Sherman,
(Fwd Targets) Panos, Cordy,

OUT: Injured Howard,
(Lack of Pace) Addison,
(Unlucky) Dickson, Wallis
Out of Form Grant

Does Grant need to be dropped? Only played a quarter yet did not show anything.

Harsh to get rid of Dickson after one poor game, don't you think?

I know stats don't mean everything but-

Tory Dickson -6k 6h 12d 3m 1 behind for the day 82% time on ground
Jarrad Grant -5k 3h 8d 3m 1 behind for the day 28% time on ground

Grant as the sub did more in a quarter than Dickson did all day but he was a terrible choice as sub. Needs to be on the ground all day.
Just don't think Dickson has done enough to have earned a spot just yet, let him go back to Willi and force his way into the senior side.
Still cant understand why Vez has fallen into such disfavor, would like to see him in place of Dickson.
Hope im not seeing signs of favortism already.

Griff for Howard
Vez for Dickson
Cordy for Addison ( not that he did too much wrong, just think there are better options)
Wallis as sub

OUT: Howard(inj), Wallis
IN: Griffen, Tutt/Sherman/DJ

We really do lack pace and rely too much on Dal and Cooney. Griffen of-course is a huge in but Howard was solid yesterday and I hope we get him back soon. I'd like to see one of Tutt/Sherman/DJ come in for Wallis who didn't do to bad but we have so many in an under midfielders. Tutt would be my preferred choice as I think the guys run and carry and ability to kick a goal is vital. Dickson, Grant and Roughead will be under pressure but deserve 3-4 weeks in the 1sts.

Out: Howard, Wallis
In: Vez, DJ

Instant outside pace and flexibility.
Vez to come in because he can play both ends of the ground, Murphy to play forward if needed. If Grant has a shocker we are stuffed and can't rely on Jones to work up the ground and double back to take a grab. Murphy will have to go forward to be that link into the forward line. Whoever is fitter between DJ and Sherman, i'm guessing DJ reading the Willi thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back