Autopsy Round 2 vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

So our 2 defensive forwards (Turner and Atley) - combined for 20 disposals, 4 tackles, and 1 goal

Rich got it 27 times

Put Turner back to cover for Marley and make Atley play Jacobs role. Both are giving zero.
Another Brad Scott masterstroke to let their best distributor waltz around unchecked.

A coach with half a brain would have shut him down, but but not this idiot.

You could see they were using him at just about every occasion and our forwards weren’t even paying him any attention.

Brad Scott, you my friend are an imposter of a coach.

A lot of interesting things in this. Campbell and goldy neck and neck while Stefan Martin scored better than both of them combined. Higgins middle of the road despite such a high possession count. LDU and Pittard top 5, Turner top 10.

Jy higher than rayner? Admittedly rayner was unsighted after 1st quarter but jy was unsighted all day.

Disappointing last 45 minutes, but I'm happier than I was last week. Still a lot of work to do, especially in the middle, Brisbane got a couple of easy centre bounce clearences late in the fourth that changed the momentum. I think it may have coincided with Cunnington being on the bench, if that's the case, then we need to review when our leaders are given a rest.

So our 2 defensive forwards (Turner and Atley) - combined for 20 disposals, 4 tackles, and 1 goal

Rich got it 27 times

Put Turner back to cover for Marley and make Atley play Jacobs role. Both are giving zero.

Simpkin had 2 tackles too. One play he chose to bump in the pocket and the lions player just waltzed out of our forward line. Setup a goal.
If Jys not getting the footy, not kicking goals & not tackling, why's he playing?

WHERE'S PAUL AHERN BRAD?!?!?!?!?
When they say working on his weaknesses does that mean he needs
Inexcusable from a guy about to play 100 games. Doesn't really have any discerning attribute, just plain average all around. Need to move on from.
He does have the head wobble when he's chasing an opposition player, and the trade mark kick into the man on the mark or in general play.

Luke McDonald.

Do the galaxy a favour and go do something else in life.

You’re not good at football.
And the same goes for the genius who gave him three years more after his 2018 season. Its one thing to waste a first rounder on him, entirely another to throw good money after bad.

Scott is ruining Simpkin. He is so so so out of form. So drop him. That mark he dropped unmanned on the member's wing...
McDonald has to go. Bombed it to no-one with the game on the line. No poise. No composure.
Hall, Polec, Cunners, TT all positive. Pittard is settling in well. Campbell made us look much better structurally.
Ziebell...that rushed kick forward in the last few minutes reminded me of vs Sydney last year. Need better from your captain. That's most likely the season now...

And the coach...he's out of ideas. Who gave the instruction for all our mids to run forward at the bounce after Campbell's goal? Why does the team get 4 goals up and then go to sleep? How do we concede 20 more inside 50's again? Why not play Paul Ahern rather than Simpkin, who is trying his guts out but is horrendously out of form?

Anyone bagging Turner this week can * off too. This year is gonna be ugly more often than not, but maybe the change we need will actually come.

As I was saying to Jabba the Trump on the station platform - three points up - why are all three midfielders AND ruckman trying to win the clearance from a center bounce?

It is BASIC FOOTBALL 101.

One defends, one attacks, two sheppard/defend/offer support as required.

Not four go the footy, for it to squirt out and go pressure free down the corridor for an I50 entry.

And then the handball stuff again, which came off only because the Lions were sloppy retrieving disposal.

We are being pushed toward the boundary with a zone, why are you trying to handball through it? KICK OVER IT.

The badly coached team got what it deserved. You can only give yourself every chance to win a close a game and the set ups were trash.

Simpkin had 2 tackles too. One play he chose to bump in the pocket and the lions player just waltzed out of our forward line. Setup a goal.
If Jys not getting the footy, not kicking goals & not tackling, why's he playing?
There aren't enough available characters to criticise the players that deserve it today. Just casting my wand over the "defensive forwards". I see Simpkin as more or a mid now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd. I thought we did alright in the first Half, and Polec and Hall had me cheering, as did Kanye. Thought his first Quarter was really good, and overall I think we're miles ahead of what we served up last week, thank god. Geez, imagine if we play that Ahern kid!

Match moment was TT's goal. Well, his mum's reaction actually. Gold.

Thumbs down to having to watch Hodge all night. And as much criticism as Jy is copping, at least he was first to remonstrate the good bloke for slinging a first gamer half his size. I don't think there's anything wrong with Jy's Shinboner spirit.

Anyways, call me crazy, but I've got all kinds of faith in us. Bring on those Hawthorns. We always scare them anyways.

Go Roos!
I generally really like your posting and appreciate your optimism, but to roll up to games week in week out, invest your emotions and be let down regularly by the same player errors is soul destroying.

As I was saying to Jabba the Trump on the station platform - three points up - why are all three midfielders AND ruckman trying to win the clearance from a center bounce?

It is BASIC FOOTBALL 101.

One defends, one attacks, two sheppard/defend/offer support as required.

Not four go the footy, for it to squirt out and go pressure free down the corridor for an I50 entry.

And then the handball stuff again, which came off only because the Lions were sloppy retrieving disposal.

We are being pushed toward the boundary with a zone, why are you trying to handball through it? KICK OVER IT.

The badly coached team got what it deserved. You can only give yourself every chance to win a close a game and the set ups were trash.

That was ******* inexplicable. Whoever was on the wing gave the instruction. I saw them motion. Straight from the top.

21 wins from last 60 games.

If the pressure isn't on now, when is it gonna be.

I swear to god I just KNOW this week is a pure scapegoat because 'it was a better effort' & Dons lost, Dees lost BIG, Richmond's lost their key players.
The club will fly this week once again under the radar when the blowtorch should be firmly placed on the ass of Brad Scott, instead it will be on Woosha (Rightfully so also)

It's the coach. He's responsible. He's accountable. The buck stops with him.

Obviously. I've had enough. Brad Scott finally broke me.

Pittard was going to be delisted by a shitter team than us last year. He’s not a bad player, he’s just never going to be very good. McKay is and will be a bust for how high we picked him in the draft. Again, he’s not terrible, but will never become a good AFL player.
Wow. Key position player written off after 3 games. I thought he was pretty decent today.

Wow. Key position player written off after 3 games. I thought he was pretty decent today.

Likewise, he had a real bad handball at one point but other than that. I thought he was fine.

Robbie Tarrant needs to be held accountable, the bloke is so underdone its not even funny. Even Scooters running around with more energy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back