Autopsy Round 2 vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium. 26/03/23 - 2:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll be there. I’m in Melbourne this weekend for a wedding, also squeezing in the Ice Cube concert on Wednesday. Geelong v Carlton at the G on Thursday. Here’s hoping the Suns can be the highlight of the weekend

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll try to add some positives to this thread:
  • No injuries from the Swans game.
  • King got through the Swans game unscathed with 74% time on ground. Should be able to enter this game with more confidence and expect more game time.
  • 8 day break vs Essendon's 7 day break. Plenty of time to recover and review the Swans game.
  • Peter Wright won't be playing. He killed us last time we played the Bombers and is arguably their best player.
  • Stringer isn't guaranteed to play and even if he does he should go in underdone.
  • Weller should be available. I think we desperately need him back so I suspect Dew will pick him.
  • Humphrey should be available too. Could be a straight swap for one of the tall forwards.
  • This game will be shown live on CH7 in Victoria. Great opportunity for us to show the footy world that the Swans game was a one off.

• King got through the Swans game unscathed with 74% time on ground. Should be able to enter this game with more confidence and expect more game time.
  • 8 day break vs Essendon's 7 day break. Plenty of time to recover and review the Swans game.
  • Peter Wright won't be playing. He killed us last time we played the Bombers and is arguably their best player.
  • Stringer isn't guaranteed to play and even if he does he should go in underdone.
  • Weller should be available. I think we desperately need him back so I suspect Dew will pick him.
  • Humphrey should be available too. Could be a straight swap for one of the tall forwards.
  • This game will be shown live on CH7 in Victoria. Great opportunity for us to show the footy world that the Swans game was a one off.
Some excellent points

The copium I need after last night

We'll see what the outcome of Collins HIA assessment is.
He is not certain to play.

Out: Casboult, Davies
In: Weller, Humphrey

Inject a serious bit of pace into the team, and shorten the team a bit. Also think Uwland did enough to keep his spot.

Ainsworth - Chol - Lukosius
Holman - King - Humphrey

That forward line looks like such a better balance imo.

Inject a serious bit of pace into the team, and shorten the team a bit. Also think Uwland did enough to keep his spot.

Holman - King - Humphrey

I know I'm a Davies apologist and you're a Davies hater but I can't see him getting dropped

IS 37.5% DE acceptable - NO
Is 0 tackles from an inside mid acceptable - NO..
Did he make mistakes - yes, that debacle when he got on the end of a fast break play but didn't know whether to play on or not and ****ed it up was a hair pulling moment.

In saying all that, I thought he was one that actually played with some intensity around the ball.

In candidates: Weller, Powell, Rosas, Humphrey, Lemmens, Berry

Out candidates: Casboult, Collins (concussion?), Fiorini, Constable

Depends who is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weller probably needs a run in the reserves but he would be super handy on the fast deck at marvel. Humphrey to debut and rosas if fit makes our forward line a lot more balanced. The ultra tall selection in the humid conditions was ridiculous, time to make up for horrible start and get the season back on track. Also off Davies, if dew is serious about the boys not getting their hands dirty then time to debut jed Anderson.

Weller probably needs a run in the reserves but he would be super handy on the fast deck at marvel. Humphrey to debut and rosas if fit makes our forward line a lot more balanced. The ultra tall selection in the humid conditions was ridiculous, time to make up for horrible start and get the season back on track. Also off Davies, if dew is serious about the boys not getting their hands dirty then time to debut jed Anderson.
The problem is that none of those players have really had any solid conditioning.

Rosas is injured or something. No ETA that’s I’ve read. Anderson had no pre-season due to illness. Humphrey had a foot injury—could be ok to play. Weller is doing remarkably well off his injury, but would they rush him straight back? Same with Powell.

We lack some genuine pace. We can have all the inside mids in the world, but if the ball cracks out we have nothing. We also have no run and carry or easy kick into space options.

I know I'm a Davies apologist and you're a Davies hater but I can't see him getting dropped

IS 37.5% DE acceptable - NO
Is 0 tackles from an inside mid acceptable - NO..
Did he make mistakes - yes, that debacle when he got on the end of a fast break play but didn't know whether to play on or not and ****ed it up was a hair pulling moment.

In saying all that, I thought he was one that actually played with some intensity around the ball.

So just to summarise
He played s**t but was intensely s**t?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Holman - King - Humphrey

Totally agree - Davies and Casboult out and Humphrey, Weller in. Still will need a massive lift in intensity and desire.

The fact that the coaches identified Constable as an ‘elite’ user of the ball for that quarterback role probably tells you everything you need to know about the skill levels at the club.
Was shocked Long didn't start taking all of the kick ins. He's not an elite ball user, but ffs he's better than all of the other players back there atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back