Autopsy Round 2 vs Fremantle @ Metricon: March 31st 2019 Sunday 4:40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see Swallow and especially Ainsworth to play. It could be weeks out or worse for them. Brodie/Scheer/Holman and Ah Chee (but he did not play today) in?

Forecast 29 degrees, still humid. Hoping Freo will wilt like Eagles.

I can't see Swallow and especially Ainsworth to play. It could be weeks out or worse for them. Brodie/Scheer/Holman and Ah Chee (but he did not play today) in?

Ah Chee missed the season launch too - wonder if he has a personal or family issue he’s working through

Either way I hope all is ok for him

Freo are just the team that always bullies us with their huge bodies around the contest. Brodie in would definitely help but dunno if he plays given Miles and Fiorini are fine.
I agree, but Swallow and Ainsworth likely out. So some further midfield rotations required.
Also, wondering if we bring in Crossley or Sam Day against Freo - pending match review of the practice match. They are a bit taller/bigger than we are in the key posts. Maybe even both of them will be required with some team changes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been a very humid summer over West this year. Shouldn’t be to much of an issue.

My concern is you’re much smaller all over the field than Freo. Hoping you don’t get monstered.

Freo were my biggest mystery team going in to the season. If they stay relatively healthy, they do have the players to make a push for the top 8.

But they have no midfield depth.

Some fans reporting Swallow did PCL. If true Suns should sue Marvel stadium. His foot got stuck in surface.

It’s fair to say the Dockers are a better side than the Saints and will be riding a wave of confidence so this could get ugly.

If Brodie doesn’t play after the injury to Dave then his papers have been stamped

Hopefully a mixture of the travel and thinking it’s an easy win takes it out of them a bit like it did with the Eagles last week

Some fans reporting Swallow did PCL. If true Suns should sue Marvel stadium. His foot got stuck in surface.
If true, I would be getting some sort of compensation from the AFL, I imagine Cochrane would be livid and get on his soapbox if true.

PCL isn't season ending, Gardiner from the Lions did his in January and played Round 1. So he may have to sit out till the bye if true. Fingers crossed it is exaggerated and he only misses a few weeks.

Should make it (finally) to Metricon this week. Any general tips for travel etc? Where is a good place to sit? I assume I can just get tickets at the gate?
should be able to get tickets at the gate, although the first few games at home usually draw a decent crowd, before the s**t performances produce a drop off in attendance throughout the season. freo games generally don't draw a huge crowd, so should have access to most ticketed areas.

4.40pm game at this time of year means the sun would be setting towards the end of the second quarter i think, so if you're seated on the eastern wing you might get a bit of sun in the eyes. generally most of the ground has good sight lines, pretty close to the action. being a member i'm not entirely sure where the other ticketed areas are but there's usually plenty of second tier seats. as close to the middle of the wing in the first few rows of the second tier would be a good choice if you can get one.

if you're staying along the beach (e.g. broadbeach), there's shuttle buses that run from broadbeach south tram stop from 1:40pm (http://www.metriconstadium.com.au/events/round-2-gold-coast-suns-vs-fremantle/). emerald lakes golf club is the only local "pub" if you're after a drink before or after the game.

Should make it (finally) to Metricon this week. Any general tips for travel etc? Where is a good place to sit? I assume I can just get tickets at the gate?
There will be plenty of tix at the gate....no question.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It’s fair to say the Dockers are a better side than the Saints and will be riding a wave of confidence so this could get ugly.

If Brodie doesn’t play after the injury to Dave then his papers have been stamped

Hopefully a mixture of the travel and thinking it’s an easy win takes it out of them a bit like it did with the Eagles last week
Yes on the Brodie worry...really showed something at end of '18...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back