Autopsy Round 2 vs Fremantle @ Metricon: March 31st 2019 Sunday 4:40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Can i just take a minute to talk about Wil Powell, from not playing in the U18 champs, to being drafted to us weighing 70kgs at best looking like a clayton special, played a few games last year, struggled, to being in our top 10 players in the last 2 games looking like a future star. Kid has absolutely everything he needs to be a genuine superstar. And wants to be at the Suns, the future is bloody exciting for us!
I say it every week - Powell for PM - will be the making of this club one day

Positives,
Fitness is incredible compared with lsst year..
Harbrow has improved his kicking and his overhead marking (which is random but so valuable)
Harbrow is my favourite player, I think he can be an all-Australian if his kicking doesn't fall away..
Bowes, Martin, Sexton and Swallow can be A graders this season..
The leaders never complain, they just get on with it... I'm talking Swallow, Martin and Fiorini in particular...
May and Lynch just never stopped complaing.. the whole place is just a breath of fresh air!
The effort in the contest was exceptional..
Too many to mention here but I love what Holman brings in the Mongrel department, need to find a spot for him every week..
Negatives
Didn't lower our eyes until the last quarter kicking inside 50
Kicking for goal was terrible all day..

Well done suns! Can’t stand Ross and Freo. They went over to your deck full of their own bathwater after a rare attacking game last week. Loved seeing you bring them back to their pathetic reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked on that win, had the makings of another heartbreaking loss with that goal kicking but so glad the boys pulled through.

Martin looked great tonight, would have been just about best on if he had kicked straight. Loved him in the fwd 50.

Hope we get to see Martin, Rankine and Sexton in the same fwd 50 soon

Well done suns! Can’t stand Ross and Freo. They went over to your deck full of their own bathwater after a rare attacking game last week. Loved seeing you bring them back to their pathetic reality.
I don't know about pathetic reality, they just got beaten by a better team on the day.. I think a few more good teams might get beaten by us before the season is out too.

Positives,
Fitness is incredible compared with lsst year..
Harbrow has improved his kicking and his overhead marking (which is random but so valuable)
Harbrow is my favourite player, I think he can be an all-Australian if his kicking doesn't fall away..
Bowes, Martin, Sexton and Swallow can be A graders this season..
The leaders never complain, they just get on with it... I'm talking Swallow, Martin and Fiorini in particular...
May and Lynch just never stopped complaing.. the whole place is just a breath of fresh air!
The effort in the contest was exceptional..
Too many to mention here but I love what Holman brings in the Mongrel department, need to find a spot for him every week..
Negatives
Didn't lower our eyes until the last quarter kicking inside 50
Kicking for goal was terrible all day..
Yes Rigby was a great pick up

Collins what a clutch mark to save the game. The team really came together and persevered in a game where we should have been up 4 or 5 goals up not 17 point down if we kicked straight.

Harbrow was an absolute weapon, when he hits targets he is a game changer

Witts domainting in the ruck once again

Sexton has picked up where he left off last year, kicking bags so glad we got him for another 4 years.

Will Powell is going to be a superstar he is so composed and has the footy smarts once he puts some bulk on he will be unstoppable.

Go the Suns!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was so great for the guys to get a win.
Thought we had lost it with all those missed opportunities in the 3rd quarter.
Was a nervous wreck the last few minutes as he held on.
Just so happy for the players - you can see how much they loved the win when singing the song.

The guys just competed nonstop
Fantastic infield leadership from some of our senior members Harbrow and Swallow
Jack Martin played with vigour that haven't seen for a while
Young midfielders - particularly Bowes more than held their own
Tall defenders stood up - Think we would have taken 5 goals from their 4 tall forwards at the start of the day - Collins fantastic.
Witts really dominated in the ruck - and I thought his hitout work was much better than before.
Harbrow and Weller starred down back
Burgess competed - from what I saw we were rarely outworked in defence.
Sexton - could have scored himself a real bag. Will shine in a more competitive team

I was hoping this would put us in the 8 but not too be.
Can't wait for next week! How fun is it when you win!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back