Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Got to see, that easily could have been 50m against our player that ran through the protected area after Ryan marked it on the wing.
The commentators didn't said anything thing , only you s**t yourself about 50m .

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Also, just because very few have commented on it - Touk has been superb the last 2 weeks

Handballs are just bullets
Short kicks are precision

Last 2 weeks has had 80 - 90% disposal efficiency despite majority of his possessions being contested.
He our Liam Shiels, Ben Cunnington - be your 3rd / 4th best midfielder in a top team but just gives 100%, doesn't make mistakes, reliable.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
The commentators didn't said anything thing , only you s**t yourself about 50m .

You think I give a s**t about what the commentators say?
Thats Ryan running back off the mark and one of our guys charging right past him - that has been paid 50m a number of times of the past 2 years.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.57.44 PM.png

Don't get me wrong we were the best team and deserved to win the match.
There were plenty of frees that were missed for us - Jack Martin and Alex Sexton tackled in the right flank / pocket within goal range spring to mind.
I'm just saying that in real time and on this replay I grimaced and thought the umpire could have called that 50m.

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Congratulations Suns! I thought you guys were very good against us last week. Thought there was disrespect about how we 'only beat the Suns'. Was a very tight game, and we weren't that bad. Good luck in coming weeks. You guys going well.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Interesting notes

David Swallows game - 140 supercoach points - his career best. 30 possessions, many contested @ decent efficiency, 5 tackles, match winning goal.

Charlie Ballard - leading the league in intercept possessions

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thats Ryan running back off the mark and one of our guys charging right past him - that has been paid 50m a number of times of the past 2 years.

View attachment 645936

There were plenty of frees that were missed for us - Jack Martin and Alex Sexton tackled in the right flank / pocket within goal range spring to mind.
I'm just saying that in real time and on this replay I grimaced and thought the umpire could have called that 50m.
I reckon they’ve really relaxed that rule this year to how it should be interpreted. If the player in question isn’t impeding the player with the ball it should be let go.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,

View attachment 645936

I'm a umpire. Can confirm not 50 haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
Phew!! I haven't posted for a long time. Secretly waiting and watching until we showed some balls. I reckon we did last night.

The last 5 minutes of the game we completely smashed them. Every time I thought Freo was going to get the ball and run it up to their forward line, one of our players seemed to just fly out of nowhere kamikaze style at the ball and get a possession. And Harbow was just immense. There were about 8 frees that could have gone Freos way in the last few minutes. Probably could have gone the other way but I think we still deserved to win.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jack Martin showed heaps of passion and fight last night more then he’s showed in the past.

I thought he had checked out and would walk out the door at the end of the year it wasn’t looking good.

But after last night I’m starting to think he might of changed his mind
8073D29B-4519-4473-82BD-6B2C42CFD642.jpeg

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Jack Martin showed heaps of passion and fight last night more then he’s showed in the past.

I thought he had checked out and would walk out the door at the end of the year it wasn’t looking good.

View attachment 646164
I was joking with my mate it may be a job interview for Martin against Freo. But he played out of his skin and played really well.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

View attachment 646164

fullsizeoutput_1099.jpeg

I got this from Jack via one of the Club Insiders last year just before trade period and I have to say when he was signing it both he and the Club guy seemed really happy
I think he's very shy by nature and we shouldn't read too much into body language
He was so good yesterday.Has the best hands in the Club at ground level

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not when we start winning consistently.
When that happens you'll need a membership just to get in the place.
10,000 Suns fans yesterday and we all loved what we saw.
Last year we had a couple of early wins based on frenzy pressure
Yesterday and last week was a more controlled sustainable pressure game plan which is why I'm way more positive

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just thought I'd hop over and congratulate you guys for outplaying us yesterday. You were the better side all day and deserved that win. Martin and Sexton were great, hope we can brush it off this week, but good luck for the rest of the season boys!!
I kind of wish it wasn't you guys we knocked off.There's at least 14 other Clubs I'd way prefer to beat than Freo.Good luck this year.

Back