Remove this Banner Ad

Team List:

B: Buku Khamis, Bailey Williams, Bailey Van De Heuvel
HB: Hayden Crozier, Luke Cleary, Louis Butler,
C: Arthur Jones, Robbie McComb, Dom Bedendo
HF: Josh Schache, Tim O’Brien, Cody Raak
F: Rhylee West, Lachie Sullivan, Riley Garcia
R: Jordon Sweet, Mitch Wallis, Lachie McNeil
Int: Ewan Macpherson, Jarrod Gilbee, Will Lewis, Joshua Chatfield, Charlie Cormack
Emer: Cooper Craig-Peters, Dan Orgill, Luke Goater, Josh Kellett, Chance Doultree, Nathan Drummond.

Tickets: Buy VFL Round 2 - Footscray vs Northern Bullants tickets

Streaming: AFL Fixtures and Results - AFL.com.au

Team List:

B: Buku Khamis, Bailey Williams, Bailey Van De Heuvel
HB: Hayden Crozier, Luke Cleary, Louis Butler,
C: Arthur Jones, Robbie McComb, Dom Bedendo
HF: Josh Schache, Tim O’Brien, Cody Raak
F: Rhylee West, Lachie Sullivan, Riley Garcia
R: Jordon Sweet, Mitch Wallis, Lachie McNeil
Int: Ewan Macpherson, Jarrod Gilbee, Will Lewis, Joshua Chatfield, Charlie Cormack
Emer: Cooper Craig-Peters, Dan Orgill, Luke Goater, Josh Kellett, Chance Doultree, Nathan Drummond.

Tickets: Buy VFL Round 2 - Footscray vs Northern Bullants tickets

Streaming: AFL Fixtures and Results - AFL.com.au
What the actual Fruit is that backline

Bedendo and McNeil back in the team. Really think we should have named Patullo to keep our structure with Martin out via covid.

Not that it matters when it's only a bunch of names thrown together, but Schache an actual KPP named on a flank, TOB a third tall size named CHF, plus the same in the backline. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's how they actually lined up. Is Schache a KPF, a KPD, a pinch-hitting ruckman, a wingman (as we saw in round 1), or a HFF? At least give him a chance to settle into a position for the time being.

Not that it matters when it's only a bunch of names thrown together, but Schache an actual KPP named on a flank, TOB a third tall size named CHF, plus the same in the backline. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's how they actually lined up. Is Schache a KPF, a KPD, a pinch-hitting ruckman, a wingman (as we saw in round 1), or a HFF? At least give him a chance to settle into a position for the time being.

They just throw the magnets on the ground and they get put on the team sheet wherever they land.

They just throw the magnets on the ground and they get put on the team sheet wherever they land.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but my other point still stands. What position is Schache expected to play, and is he playing that position consistently at VFL level?

Last year for a period he was playing KPD at VFL, then came in and was at least competent at senior level. Then with Bruce going down, he was moved forward, and again was competent except for the GF (not alone there). Round 1 this year he also plays on a wing. VFL last week he was swung forward and back. Regardless of it being a level below, and some expectation he should be able to perform at that level wherever he lines up, do we have a plan as to how he will be played if he is promoted? Atm, we can probably use him as a 3rd forward and pinch-hitting ruck at senior level if he has some form, but he can't play that role with Martin and Sweet also in the VFL. Maybe he does this week with Martin out.

Also (and again I know it's just nominal positions for naming the team purposes), but surely Wallis plays forward as that is the likely/only position he would be promoted to play, while West plays mid as he is more mid depth than forward depth, given he has shown more playing as a mid than forward. For years we bemoaned alignments with VFA/VFL clubs that prevented our players playing in designated positions, now we have a Footscray side controlled by the club, and players still appear to be played in positions/role they would not play if promoted.

Anyway, I'll wait and see what happens this afternoon. It's a fairly average windy day where I am near Ballarat, so not ideal for footy skills to be on display. If that weather is in place for the VFL game, hard for players to press their claims for promotion.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but my other point still stands. What position is Schache expected to play, and is he playing that position consistently at VFL level?

Last year for a period he was playing KPD at VFL, then came in and was at least competent at senior level. Then with Bruce going down, he was moved forward, and again was competent except for the GF (not alone there). Round 1 this year he also plays on a wing. VFL last week he was swung forward and back. Regardless of it being a level below, and some expectation he should be able to perform at that level wherever he lines up, do we have a plan as to how he will be played if he is promoted? Atm, we can probably use him as a 3rd forward and pinch-hitting ruck at senior level if he has some form, but he can't play that role with Martin and Sweet also in the VFL. Maybe he does this week with Martin out.

Also (and again I know it's just nominal positions for naming the team purposes), but surely Wallis plays forward as that is the likely/only position he would be promoted to play, while West plays mid as he is more mid depth than forward depth, given he has shown more playing as a mid than forward. For years we bemoaned alignments with VFA/VFL clubs that prevented our players playing in designated positions, now we have a Footscray side controlled by the club, and players still appear to be played in positions/role they would not play if promoted.

Anyway, I'll wait and see what happens this afternoon. It's a fairly average windy day where I am near Ballarat, so not ideal for footy skills to be on display. If that weather is in place for the VFL game, hard for players to press their claims for promotion.
Last week Schache was mainly playing at full back from what I saw. O’Brien was in defence as well.

I guess we might see Schache at full forward given Sweet now has to play ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could this game be sceduled to overlap with the AFL fixture.

Makes less than zero sense. Am I missing something?

The only reasons I can think of are that we requested the same day as our AFL team for squad fitness, the timing I imagine is so that the non-AFL listed players along with the Bullants are able to work during the morning and afternoon.

Alternatively, the AFL don't give a ****.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back