Game Day Round 2 vs. St Kilda, MCG, 7:30pm Thurs 21/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson simply can’t be picked until he finds some confidence.

Dean was worth a look, but he isn’t ready.

Macrae to play a full game. We’ve always struggled with only one of DeGoey and Adams. Mitchell helped last year, but had a down first game and obviously we don’t have Adams now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max King & Co will be licking their lips in anticipation of playing against our defenders this week. They will only have touch to shake hands before and after the match. It’s crazy. We aren’t intercepting but aren’t defending either. They are all in no man’s land & get burned on turnovers.

That was a tough watch.

Clearly a lot of work to do, however I think it's our foot skills that have killed us. I am not sure what the stats say but Moore specifically had several howlers that resulted in opposition goals.

I am not blaming AJ as the supply was just not there, but he simply does not have any confidence at the moment. He needs to play VFL and find confidence in his hands again before being considered for the AFL side. I would like to see Reef given a chance, but I would also consider DeGoey spending more time forward too. This frees up the time for Mitchell/Finn.

Dean was improved, but just doesn't quite look up to the standard yet. Is the upside with him worthy of playing over Frampton right now? Frampton would be a more reliable option but I understand the thinking of playing Dean and letting him have a run at it. I think I keep Dean for this week against the Saints but I wouldn't be opposed to swapping him with Frampton.

IN: T.Mitchell, R.McInnes
OUT: A.Johnson, O.Markov

B: B.Maynard - C.Dean - J.Howe
HB: I.Quaynor - D.Moore - J.Crisp
C: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - J.Daicos
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - B.Hill
F: J.DeGoey - R.McInnes - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - T.Mitchell - N.Daicos
I: W.Hoskin-Elliott - M.Cox - F.Macrae - P.Lipinski
S: B.McCreery

Credit to Mason for bouncing back this week. He can stay.

Out: Johnson, Dean
In: Reef, Frampton

I think we’ll be better with those changes, but the bigger changes needed seem to be coaching and execution related.

Credit to Mason for bouncing back this week. He can stay.

Out: Johnson, Dean
In: Reef, Frampton

I think we’ll be better with those changes, but the bigger changes needed seem to be coaching and execution related.
The outs are probably fair enough. But the ins don’t fill me full of confidence either. Yes the game style needs a decent tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back