U18 Champs Round 2 - WA vs SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Just the one game this week, but it's the pick of the bunch. Saturday June 15, 11am at Optus Stadium.

Curtain raiser for the Fremantle/Port Adelaide game, so I'd recommend Fremantle fans get down there early to check it out. Doesn't look like there's a TV broadcast, so YouTube will be the best bet again.

WA
b: Ben Johnson - Alex Pasini - Jaxon Prior
hb: Jarvis Pina - Trey Ruscoe - Trent Rivers
c: Jeremy Sharp - Deven Robertson - Regan Clarke
hf: Tyrone Thorne - Elijah Taylor - Ryan Bennell
f: Liam Henry - Nicholas Martin - Logan McDonald
r: Luke Jackson - Chad Warner - Riley Garcia
i: Jake Buller - Cameron Anderson - Jai Jackson - Ryan Hudson - Nathan O'Driscoll - Ronin O'Connor - Tristan Hobley

In: Logan McDonald, Tristan Hobley
Out: Callum Jamieson, Denver Grainger-Barras

SA
b: Oliver Grivell - Karl Finlay - Harrison Magor
hb: Will Gould - Dyson Hilder - Luke Edwards
c: Callum Park - Dylan Stephens - Cameron Taheny
hf: Jed McEntee - Damon Freitag - Harry Schoenberg
f: Kysaiah Pickett - Daniel Sladojevic - Josh Morris
r: Lachlan Burrows - Jackson Mead - Lachlan McNeil
i: Jordan O'Brien - Corey Durdin - Darnell Tucker - Joshua Shute - Will Day - Brady Searle - Jamie Coff - Zac Dumesny

Last edited:

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Assuming there will be an entry fee to this game but does anyone know if you can purchase this separately from the match afterwards?

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
WA team announced.

Good to see game will be live streamed

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    772 KB · Views: 254

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Just the one game this week, but it's the pick of the bunch. Saturday June 15, 11am at Optus Stadium.

Curtain raiser for the Fremantle/Port Adelaide game, so I'd recommend Fremantle fans get down there early to check it out. Doesn't look like there's a TV broadcast, so YouTube will be the best bet again.

WA
b: Ben Johnson - Alex Pasini - Jaxon Prior
hb: Jarvis Pina - Trey Ruscoe - Trent Rivers
c: Jeremy Sharp - Deven Robertson - Regan Clarke
hf: Tyrone Thorne - Elijah Taylor - Ryan Bennell
f: Liam Henry - Nicholas Martin - Logan McDonald
r: Luke Jackson - Chad Warner - Riley Garcia
i: Jake Buller - Cameron Anderson - Jai Jackson - Ryan Hudson - Nathan O'Driscoll - Ronin O'Connor - Tristan Hobley

In: Logan McDonald, Tristan Hobley
Out: Callum Jamieson, Denver Grainger-Barras

SA
b: Oliver Grivell - Karl Finlay - Harrison Magor
hb: Will Gould - Dyson Hilder - Luke Edwards
c: Callum Park - Dylan Stephens - Cameron Taheny
hf: Jed McEntee - Damon Freitag - Harry Schoenberg
f: Kysaiah Pickett - Daniel Sladojevic - Josh Morris
r: Lachlan Burrows - Jackson Mead - Lachlan McNeil
i: Jordan O'Brien - Corey Durdin - Darnell Tucker - Joshua Shute - Will Day - Brady Searle - Jamie Coff - Zac Dumesny
SA players are right but positions a little different

Finlay and Hilder swaped
Day HB
Taheny HF
Shute Wing
Sladojevic and Morris swaped

Looks a strong and balanced side to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
I might be underestimating that WA backline but If SA get the ball forward enough I reckon they could tear those boys apart.

I think Pasini and Ruscoe should have the better of Sladojevic, the only concern for them might be the pure size of Freitag. I’d have liked to see Coff play to really try to stretch the WA backline.

Pina is one of the best small defenders at the Champs, he should get Pickett. Then it’s just a matter of Morris and Taheny, with Prior and Rivers likely to rotate through.

I do agree SA has the better midfield, so if they get on top and move it quickly then the forwards could have a good day. But the WA back line probably is it’s strength, if slightly undersized.

BigDance

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Assuming there will be an entry fee to this game but does anyone know if you can purchase this separately from the match afterwards?
Pretty sure you need a ticket to the Dockers game to watch this one. They then only open one gate early enough to get in and watch this. So you can then stay for the Dockers game. Well this is what happened last year so I assume it’s the same.

BigDance

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Annoying if it is not free, most times when the game was before a WAFL game you could go in free of charge.
This wasn’t the case for any curtain raiser at Optus last year. You need to purchase a ticket to the AFl game to get in and watch this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back