Round 2 ... Who Do You Want v Who Do You Think You'll Get

Remove this Banner Ad

Your team's Round 2 fixture.

For North:

WANT

Hawthorn Saturday night at Docklands. Biggish game opponent wise, on our home deck, we match up well with them, get the fans excited again

WILL GET

Dees at 4.40PM on Sunday at Docklands. Not very exciting match up interest wise, they'll probably bounce back after Round 1 captilation and do us.

For North:

WANT

Hawthorn Saturday night at Docklands. Biggish game opponent wise, on our home deck, we match up well with them, get the fans excited again

WILL GET

Dees at 4.40PM on Sunday at Docklands. Not very exciting match up interest wise, they'll probably bounce back after Round 1 captilation and do us.
Cheer up. You might play us!

Honestly couldn't care who we get, without crowds and in these circumstances it's not as much of a hype and buzz.

I've heard we will get Collingwood which I think at the very least would be a good opener to resume the season. Should be a quality game which is the main thing I'm hoping for.

For North:

WANT

WILL GET

Highly unlikely we'll get Hawks at Docklands. It's not their home ground, and we already had a home game there in round 1.
Only way we'd get a round 2 game at Docklands would be against either Dogs, Dons, or possibly the Blues.

WHO DO I WANT:

Vs. Melbourne @ The MCG---- play on the 'G to re-start our season against a team that I believe will only improve as they get further into the season.

WHO DO I THINK

Vs. Collingwood --- that's the rumour going around town. Seems like a bit of a waste of a TV 'blockbuster' in my opinion for the first week out when people would just about watch anything. Would prefer to play the Pies once both teams are settled as it will be a real indicator on if either team is the 'real deal' in 2020 if it's once the season is fully underway.

To answer the OP, I was actually hoping Tigers weren't the first game. I would like to have seen the MND game or something fire off the restart. I'm not fussed who we play. Gonna be a soulless experience with no crowds. More keen to see local footy get going if i'm honest at this point in time.

WANT

Freo at Optus so we dont have to move to the GC for at least another week.

WILL GET

Port at Metricon

Reckon you're 100 per cent on the money here.

Highly unlikely we'll get Hawks at Docklands. It's not their home ground, and we already had a home game there in round 1.
Only way we'd get a round 2 game at Docklands would be against either Dogs, Dons, or possibly the Blues.

I suspect the home v away rotation will get chucked out the window, especially with the need to get interstate clubs runs of home games at the back end.

Hawthorn are made to play home games at Docklands anyway non?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For North:

WANT

WILL GET

Thats probably why Foxtel wont come to the party ...

You don't think Barr would make a good quarantine companion Gero?
Who knows how frequently I can get access to groceries in quarantine, not my ideal choice if food needs to be rationed ;)

Want: St Kilda @ Marvel, since that is the fixture.

COVID want: Dunno. Eastern derby at Metricon I guess.

What we'll get: probably one of the Adelaide teams in Brisbane/GC with lots of arguing over whose game it is.

I still want to see us play Marvel tenants at the MCG and vice versa for the LOLs. But Qld first.

Dunno. Is that reported anywhere?

It's not written in stone but most years they tend to play one. You can tell when a Haw vs WC game is at Marvel because both sets of fans complain about it.

In the last decade we've played them at York Park twice, Marvel twice and the MCG 4 times. How the AFL comes up with that on a year to year basis is anyone's guess. In the same period we've played Melbourne once, Richmond once and Collingwood twice at Marvel, yet Carlton twice at the MCG. Because of all the Carlton games to move to the MCG and WC games in Melbourne to play there that one seems to tick a box. *shrug*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back