Discussion Round 20, 2017: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like it's been mentioned in these threads before but what's the deal with Asics having their branding on the LED advertising at Etihad during a Saints game, when they're sponsored by X-Blades?

Since when do away teams wear "home" shorts against freo??
Since Sydney started wearing red shorts against every team (varying against Brisbane; they now wear their white clash in that game) a million years ago, and Gold Coast have always worn red shorts with their red jumpers both home and away. Only time GC wear white shorts is with the white jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like it's been mentioned in these threads before but what's the deal with Asics having their branding on the LED advertising at Etihad during a Saints game, when they're sponsored by X-Blades?

Could be the Saints footwear or preferred boots supplier sponsor. Although most players have their own footwear sponsorships nowadays so I have no idea.

From the AO thread
The level 4 LED signage has gone up on the eastern stands, as well as the level 3 LED signage on the western stands (which I thought was out of scope for the upgrade). That leaves level 4 of the Riverbank Stand and level 1 of the western stands as the only spots left with static signage.

Have they kept the "Sir Edwin Smith Stand" and "Chappell Stand" naming on the Western? And what have they done with the Bradman Pavilion, where the clock is?

Yep stand signage on the west still up.

No signage on the Bradman Pavilion.

The LED signage just has the existing static sponsors on them, given they paid for 11 games thinking the LED signage would go up post season that's fair enough.

Or they didn't ask for longies to be made in time so they had to put their own jumper over a blank/someone else's longy.
Aaaaahhhhhhhh.

I expect more to be made for next season, haha.

But, Robbie Gray was in a longsleeve last week and he's doing the 'jumper over the top' thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back