Autopsy Round 20, 2018: Hawthorn defeats Bom... Hahahahaahahahahahahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just watching the highlights with the Gunston goal in the kick-out area, Tom Mitchell does the exact same action as Gunston when he kicks the goal, have a watch its quite funny. i've timestamped it.

That's awesome.

Love it

About a decade or two needs to pass before this is forgotten. It is too fresh.

Just a reality you need to accept. Crime, punishment etc etc.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Kolo, what I admire about you most - is the rage you maintain, the passion and hatred for the Norths of the 70s, the Blues, the scum etc. It's an inspiration. So what's this decade or two business you're trotting out? It's never to be forgotten. Never forgiven, never forgotten. Scum is scum.

Even the fake smile in the camera he produces week in week out. He is so 90s. He is great for collingwood however not in tune with the modern game at all. He actually tries to copy Lou Richards a lot. Speaks volumes.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Bang on. Watching the replay (because why wouldn't you?) and I actually muttered to myself that Eddie must have been watching old Louie commentated clips through the week. All that was missing was a reference to the galloping gasometer. Not many of them in the modern game though.

Was just watching the highlights with the Gunston goal in the kick-out area, Tom Mitchell does the exact same action as Gunston when he kicks the goal, have a watch its quite funny. i've timestamped it.

That there is a GREAT pick up, well done mate! That footage shows how intensely Tommy follows the ball and game, he shows right there how much he cares for his club and was as ecstatic as gunno when he kicked the goal!! Love the little machine, POTY for mine.

Thought Worpel was lucky he didn't get done for holding the man on Hurley before his goal (it would've gone towards evening out those two shocking advantage calls). But after seeing the different angles it's clear Hurley just fell over by himself.

Thought Worpel was lucky he didn't get done for holding the man on Hurley before his goal (it would've gone towards evening out those two shocking advantage calls). But after seeing the different angles it's clear Hurley just fell over by himself.

Looks like Hurley was shepherding the ball and worps was too agile for him. Rope a dope

Still thought Cegs was stiff to get that ruck call against him. But then the whistle wouldn’t have gone. Umpire really stuffed the toss up he should have waited till the rucks disengaged

Did they clarify if you can get advantage from a ruck infringement?

I've been harping on about this all year, but the way the advantage rule is enforced is so bad.

Blow a whistle, stop the play. If you want to pay advantage, don't blow the whistle!!!

Cost us twice, as Worpel stopped but ump had decided he'll give it anyway. Then again the other way, everyone stopped, except that Essendon player.

Correct, depends on who the ball goes to, if the opposition player disposed of it and it wasn't his ball it was 50 metres but not these days.

Kolo, what I admire about you most - is the rage you maintain, the passion and hatred for the Norths of the 70s, the Blues, the scum etc. It's an inspiration. So what's this decade or two business you're trotting out? It's never to be forgotten. Never forgiven, never forgotten. Scum is scum.

I’ve erred! You are right. * them!

The blues hatred has lasted for decades. It pleases me to this day that they are winning spoons. You have no idea how much I’m enjoying Carlton’s demise. They deserve so much pain.

I will increase the essendon hatred until the end of my time. So duly noted!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bang on. Watching the replay (because why wouldn't you?) and I actually muttered to myself that Eddie must have been watching old Louie commentated clips through the week. All that was missing was a reference to the galloping gasometer. Not many of them in the modern game though.

The exaggerated “oh” then the call. Just outdated. You are not original Eddie.

Have a look at the 1986 grand final buckernara off the ground goal in the first quarter. Eddie copies that type of commentary always.

I think Gerard Whateley commentates really well. He describes the game brilliantly and creates excitement. Underrated and should be on prime time.

A much better journalist also.

KOLOKOTRONIS

M57 was up and about, there are some pretty raucous supporters there, made it a pretty exciting afternoon. Pity there were big gaps in the gold members section on the outer half forward section: you’re gold members and don’t turn up for the biggest game of the year?
Go Hawks!
I’m a gold member too but I sit in MCC Members with my mates

We may've got jibbed with the Worpel decision, but we def dogded a bullet Tom Mitchell not being called deliberate.

Margetts can piss off back to WA and do all their games.
That advantage was a joke, he had a perfect view of what happened, and then with 1:30 to go there was a htb right in front of him which he didn't pay.

Anyway we win, better to get s**t decisions late in games like this rather than finals.

That's nothing compared to the rogering we're gonna get next Saturday

Agree, but I like the old style commentary so I don't mind it. Footy commentary was so much better in the 80s.

That's nothing compared to the rogering we're gonna get next Saturday

If how well the cats were treated in the final term of our meeting earlier this season is any indication well an arm chair ride awaits them. Seriously, I hope the umpires have no influence on the result and we get another classic like last Saturday's game.

Win this and that's a step closer to playing tigers at the G, or West coast at Optus in our first final.

Massive game for us.

If how well the cats were treated in the final term of our meeting earlier this season is any indication well an arm chair ride awaits them. Seriously, I hope the umpires have no influence on the result and we get another classic like last Saturday's game.

Win this and that's a step closer to playing tigers at the G, or West coast at Optus in our first final.

Massive game for us.
How good would it be to run up against the Tigers in the first week of final at the MCG, break their unbeaten MCG run and qualify for a prelim at the same time?

How good would it be to run up against the Tigers in the first week of final at the MCG, break their unbeaten MCG run and qualify for a prelim at the same time?

That's exactly where I was going MrFJ. 2008 revisited? Ah, one can dream. Having said that, the last sixty years haven't been a dream and they went OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back