Preview Round 20, 2018: Hawthorn v Essendon, 4 August 2018, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty clear when you think about it
They moved to the Docklands in 2000 and managed to win the flag that year while they were as a group still really familiar with the G
The following year as their familiarity waned, with less games the the G that team gets rolled in the Grand final
From 2002 onwards they are 1-3 in finals at the G, they haven't won a final there since beating the Dees in 2004

Their record there this year is what 1-5? Clearly a disaster of a move
Meanwhile we managed to scrape though a couple of Prelims by 3 & 5 points as a luckily kissed on the ass MCG tenant...

Thanks Essendon :hearts::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

LoL.

You believe that in 2018 that a club's supporter base is tied into their old suburban delineation.
And you claim to be a self made businessman but fail to see the issue with operating at 150% of capacity.

View attachment 537157

So we have 80k members.. How many games have we had 80k turn up?

Oh and yes I agree with you 110% about the businessman part, I myself don't even know how I've done it, I'd say its nothing short of an unmanageable miracle of the most extreme circumstances #TrumpIsMyHero

Rough has to take hold of this game and clunk some marks.
He does, but for some reason I think this will be a game where he doesn't turn up. I hope that the new blood step up and we win in spite of Rough, not because of. That said, I do note that he's been building a bit of form. I'm hoping it continues, but am a little doubtful that we'll see it.

Here's an question for the floor...

How much of an influence does having the MCG as your home ground have on winning finals and grand finals at the MCG? Recent history suggests it's not irrelevant.

So at the turn of the millennium when the AFL closed Waverly and Essendon chose to vacate the MCG in favour of Docklands. This allowed us to cleanly swoop in and fill the MCG void they left behind. Remember they were top of the tree at the time and we were a middling nothing club without a home ground
Did Essendon effectively hand us 4 premierships and counting, whilst consigning themselves to a several generations of mediocrity?
You should be carded for trolling your own board.

Don't be a condescending twat, of course I understand. Facts are this - The AFL won't allow it. Also, geographically the ground is within 15-20 mins of the majority of their supporter base, the Docklands suits Essendon better than anyone else and the AFL know it.

How often does membership numbers correlate to attendance?

And for hawthorn supporters, you're lucky the correlation doesn't determine the stadium you play at. Otherwise you'd be heading to Etihad. 80K members, 26k average home crowd attendance. Worst in the AFL. You know how to part with your hard earned, just don't know how to actually support. Bit of a shame.

Morrison to sit on Saad. Puopolo to McKenna and watch the run dry up.
False rising star winner plays more mid/wing now and just runs around getting cheap stats anyway.

Morrison to Saad is pivotal, Saad is prone to making some poor decisions when under pressure & Harry did the job on Johannisen who is a much better player than Saad.

Don’t kick to Hooker all the time and i think we’ll be right
Said is a one trick pony, run in straight lines as fast as you can, weave in and around guys while bouncing than pump the ball 50 metres forward. Almost robotic how he plays. Doesn't have a lot of tricks is just super quick and a good kick. Hopefully we can expose him defensively because that's his weakness.

And for hawthorn supporters, you're lucky the correlation doesn't determine the stadium you play at. Otherwise you'd be heading to Etihad. 80K members, 26k average home crowd attendance. Worst in the AFL. You know how to part with your hard earned, just don't know how to actually support. Bit of a shame.

Who cares about crowds - not hawk supporters or the club
A) hawks get their money
B) hawks get the mcg
C) finals played on mcg

Win win win

THe devil is in the detail you flog

Of the 9 homers we have played this year, 4 have been in Tasmania (sub 18,000). So far we have played 7 games at the MCG and averaged 55,000 with another 2 games against Essendon (MCC est 69,000) and Geelong (72,700 earlier this season) to come. Not quite the 60,000 or so we average at the MCG but we have less games scheduled at the ground this year (9 instead of 11 or 12) due to MCG tenants having to pick up the slack for laggard Dockland tenants

Now * off and worry about Reimers launching another workers compensation claim against your s**t truck club you feasent

Last edited:
Who cares about crowds - not hawk supporters or the club
A) hawks get their money
B) hawks get the mcg
C) finals played on mcg

Win win win

And Essendon a one player court case away from liquidation. If only they had the medical records to prescribe long term ailments too. Good riddance to the *ers too

Last edited:
THe devil is in the detail you flog

Of the 9 homers we have played this year, 4 have been in Tasmania (sub 18,000). So far we have played 7 games at the MCG and averaged 55,000 with another 2 games against Essendon (MCC est 69,000) and Geelong (72,700 earlier this season) to come. Not quite the 60,000 or so we average at the MCG but we have less games scheduled at the ground this year (9 instead of 11 or 12) due to MCG tenants having to pick up the slack for laggard Dockland tenants

Now **** off and worry about Reimers launching another workers compensation claim against your s**t truck club you feasent

Feasent?

Pheasants are birds of several genera within the subfamily Phasianinae, of the family Phasianidae in the order Galliformes?
or
Peasant a poor smallholder or agricultural labourer of low social status (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).

Asking for a friend.

Said is a one trick pony, run in straight lines as fast as you can, weave in and around guys while bouncing than pump the ball 50 metres forward. Almost robotic how he plays. Doesn't have a lot of tricks is just super quick and a good kick. Hopefully we can expose him defensively because that's his weakness.

I think you're underestimating his one v one defensive skills. Rarely loses one. I thought the same thing when he came to the club, have been pleasantly surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not real switched on are you?

A lot of our members are neutral supporters who only buy Hawthorn memberships as a way of getting Grand Final tickets.

You know old mate, I find it incredibly easy to spot Essendon supporters in photographs, incredibly easy - 100% success rate.

See, they are always the ones that you can only see one arm on - sorta like they are taking a selfie. Where is their other arm I hear you think? Quite simply they are reaching into their pockets again to bail out your miserable bunch of money sucking parasites who have come up with another way of wasting your money again.

It's starts off with buy a brick here (because 125 brave pensioners refused to bow to the intimidation and outright buggery that you practiced on them), fund a legal challenge there, put in for our next drug haul here, can you throw in five to fund morning smoko there. No club has put the hat around more than you corrupt bunch of monkeys.

Now, I think I can hear a donation tin rattling so you better be off to get your cheque book pal. Good day to you.

How much of an influence does having the MCG as your home ground have on winning finals and grand finals at the MCG? Recent history suggests it's not irrelevant.

So at the turn of the millennium when the AFL closed Waverly and Essendon chose to vacate the MCG in favour of Docklands. This allowed us to cleanly swoop in and fill the MCG void they left behind. Remember they were top of the tree at the time and we were a middling nothing club without a home ground
Did Essendon effectively hand us 4 premierships and counting, whilst consigning themselves to a several generations of mediocrity?
Pretty much. Well done, *.

Feasent?

Pheasants are birds of several genera within the subfamily Phasianinae, of the family Phasianidae in the order Galliformes?
or
Peasant a poor smallholder or agricultural labourer of low social status (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).

Asking for a friend.
Don't lie to yourself. You don't have friends.

History confirms your theory - playing at the MCG on a regular basis does give you an edge and playing in the sterility of a closed stadium softens you up - I don't care how windy it gets at training - it's not the same.

So the question really should be who's great idea was that and why haven't they been lynched yet? Was the hierarchy at the time of *, so eager to get 'the best deal' (ie; most cash) that they signed a deal with the devil (and the devil it was) without putting an ounce of thought into it? Or was it Wayne Jackson & Fitzpatrick pulling the strings from afar - because moving a club with a massive supporter base into a boutique stadium whilst bringing a club with a small supporter base into the biggest ground in the country makes no since at all.

Quite clearly the second worst decision in the pitiful clubs existence (behind making Hird coach) and if I was a * supporter - I'd want some answers.

You know old mate, I find it incredibly easy to spot Essendon supporters in photographs, incredibly easy - 100% success rate.

See, they are always the ones that you can only see one arm on - sorta like they are taking a selfie. Where is their other arm I hear you think? Quite simply they are reaching into their pockets again to bail out your miserable bunch of money sucking parasites who have come up with another way of wasting your money again.

It's starts off with buy a brick here (because 125 brave pensioners refused to bow to the intimidation and outright buggery that you practiced on them), fund a legal challenge there, put in for our next drug haul here, can you throw in five to fund morning smoko there. No club has put the hat around more than you corrupt bunch of monkeys.

Now, I think I can hear a donation tin rattling so you better be off to get your cheque book pal. Good day to you.

haha memory loss? Your club was on the verge of a merger 21 years ago & required a significant cash injection from members to avoid it.

Subsequently, you've spent the last 12 years selling games to Tasmania, at the expense of your core supporter group, as a way to prop up the bottom line.

Now you've rattled the tin to the tune of $10 million from Geoff Harris for your move to Dingley.

haha memory loss? Your club was on the verge of a merger 21 years ago & required a significant cash injection from members to avoid it.

Subsequently, you've spent the last 12 years selling games to Tasmania, at the expense of your core supporter group, as a way to prop up the bottom line.

Now you've rattled the tin to the tune of $10 million from Geoff Harris for your move to Dingley.

Oh yes, members and supporters did put their hands into their pockets when we where mismanaged the * out of - we got rid of those people and rebuilt the club from the ground up - so we did that once.

The difference between our clubs is that you still have a lot of the same people who bought your club to it's knees still there, still making the same mistakes, still rattling the tins. Your house is built of straw old mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back