Preview Round 20, 2018: Richmond v Geelong MCG 7.50pm Fri 3rd Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer Prestia to get have 2 weeks off to recover from his rib injury as we will be strong favourites against the Suns and can afford to rest him.
I'd play him to build his match fitness. Prestia and Houli's continual injuries and consequent lack of games are starting to concern me.

Kmac is only playing because of injuries conca or Graham take his spot when fit
Agreed. Not sure we'll see Conca again this season. Butler, Graham, Prestia, Broad most likely all certs to return when fit. Houli will get a game before finals to prove himself.

Hi Harry,
How would it confuse the data mate? Why have colours? Why would one possession register a red as a two or more possession spot? Why have a long red streak or a yellow bubble?
They’re easily collected and even a spectator at a game can do it . A possession would only register a spot so why the other detail? I’ve been watching a certain player in the vfl for months now and I have collected his heat maps and I could predict what his running/positional patterns would be before he even played a senior game.
Didn’t let me down as I was 100% on the money.
I suspect the player match up in this shot was wrong at the start and the player was moved . He played on one flank first then moved to the other. The player is a very weak player in terms of spread ,so it’s not surprising.
If you’re using a possession heat map to determine position you could probably do that - but I’m almost certain there’s no actual positional data on the map.

I'd play him to build his match fitness. Prestia and Houli's continual injuries and consequent lack of games are starting to concern me.
Not so much this particular injury for Prestia though. Not much you can do about collision injuries.

Houli's is concerning though. If he doesn't come up this may be his last year. His absence doesn't hurt us as much as Prestia's.

If you’re using a possession heat map to determine position you could probably do that - but I’m almost certain there’s no actual positional data on the map.
I explained in an earlier post what I meant by position Harry. It’s to do more
with local proximity to the play. I’m only saying this due to how experts were discussing it relevant to Buddy Franklin’s leading patterns . In a quarter ithey showed possessions at the front of a a long red streak from the goal square. I still could be wrong , but the detail they supply would be unnecessary if it was possessions only.

Debuting another tall the Cats,Abbott.

SEN were saying the Cats can’t play Abbott and Stanley together ,might pull a dodgy again and omit a player pre game.
Mixing up Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy: "That's another fine mess you've got me into Stanley." But at least they'll have Ablett to light up the 'G:
iain-duncan-smith.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His body has let him down,but if comes right best 22 easy people short memory's gf bog.

Jayden Short is averaging 20 disposals per game and is number one in the AFL for metres gained... Short has taken his spot.

It may be for a question of team balance of whether you’d have Houli in there too, though.

I’d agree that Houli still adds value to the side.

Brownless in Rance’s house the night before the Richmond,Geelong game.:thumbsdown:

They gotta try something to get dat competitive edgey.....o_O.....;)

connor's heath ledger joker tattoo is the worst tattoo i have seen since matty white's ankle art

Why so serious?.............ok, I'll show myself out...

Mixing up Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy: "That's another fine mess you've got me into Stanley." But at least they'll have Ablett to light up the 'G:
iain-duncan-smith.jpg

:D:D:p......me likey......thanks!....

Callum Moore is Liam McBean all over again. Bloke looks good in the ressies but hopeless at senior level. Never again
McBean had one two good AFL traits, footy smarts and was good off the deck. Not much use for a bloke 6ft 8. Was slow and physically weak so never really had chance. A similar player to Westoff when he was young, but Westoff was quick. Moore is fast with a big leap who is good off the ground. Can kick it 55m, not accurate. Is a good mark, but needs to get better if he wants to make a go of senior football.
Big jump to AFL, but slowly getting there. Needs to regularly dominate VFL like he did last week.

Damien has said Butler, Graham, Houli and Prestia would return over time.
I guess Baker, Lloyd and Menadue would be replaced and but I cannot guess the fourth.
It is a conundrum for the selection panel to address.
Perhaps Townsend would be the fourth.
However, he lit up the end of last season with a barrage of goals.
Moore would be feeling unfortunate, he has had great form in the VFL, as Damien said.
That’s the beauty. None of those blokes have a line through their name all they have is amazing opportunity.
It puts a lot of other blokes under the pump to keep performing too otherwise they could be out before they know it.
You’d be playing on edge all the time for if you have a couple of poor ones you’d be in strife regardless of anything else that’s happened earlier this season.
I’d be more nervous if I were one of the blokes trying to get back in because there are no guarantees for any of them.

Last edited:
That’s the beauty. None of those blokes have a line through their name all they have is amazing opportunity.
It puts a lot of other blokes under the pump to keep performing too otherwise they could be out before they know it.
You’d be posting on edge all the time for if you have a couple of poor ones you’d be in strife regardless of anything else that’s happened earlier this season.
I’d be more nervous if I were one of the blokes trying to get back in because there are no guarantees for any of them.

Prestia is prob the only sure thing imo, someone bobbing up and doing a Graham or Townsend of last season could justifiably see any of the other 3 tearing it up in the VFL finals instead.

Only sure thing I know is that the Cats midfield is going to absolutely torch us tonight given injuries and respective form lines, how we handle Hawkins will have a massive impact on the outcome. Few of the cats stars are in red hot form and we would want to hope we bring our A game. I feel like as soon as we lose one of our main back 6 of Broad, Rance, Grimes, Short, Astbury, Vlas we look a heap worse.

McBean had one two good AFL traits, footy smarts and was good off the deck. Not much use for a bloke 6ft 8. Was slow and physically weak so never really had chance. A similar player to Westoff when he was young, but Westoff was quick. Moore is fast with a big leap who is good off the ground. Can kick it 55m, not accurate. Is a good mark, but needs to get better if he wants to make a go of senior football.
Big jump to AFL, but slowly getting there. Needs to regularly dominate VFL like he did last week.

This board had McBean as Richo mark II. The selection melts when he didn’t he picked were epic. Same with McDoughnuts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back