Preview Round 20, 2018: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 4th August, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 69 81.2%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coach may have given Marshall instructions on what he was to do, and he may not have done it, or just didn't put enough pressure on when needed- it was a winnable game against GWS but we blew it on the scoreboard in the first Q and went to sleep for the first 10 mins in Q3.
Paddy offers zero pressure it cant be a reason.

If anyone has access to fancy stats, can you publish where we sit in terms of average games played and average age against the other named teams this round?

With those ins & outs we lost something like 200 net games experience, would have lowered the age profile a bit too.

Generally pretty happy with the changes although disappointed that we didn't persist with Roma.

Joshy Battle is one lucky puppy, given that he's been a shadow of his pre-injury form since his return and yet has kept his place.

Pre-injury he was averaging 14 disposals, 4.3 marks, 2 goals and 73 ranking points per game, but in his two games since returning he's averaging just 7 disposals, 2 marks, 0.5 goals and 32 ranking points.

Marshall on the other hand in his 3 games since returning is averaging 13 disposals, 6.7 marks, 1 goal and 87 ranking points.

So he's been contributing way more than Josh in their respective returns, yet he's the one who gets the flick.

Imagine he'd be scratching his head a bit at that. What wouldn't make it any easier to swallow is the fact that his omission presumably means that Josh will now take over the back-up rucking, which Rohan is much better at.

Need Josh to return to form to justify this selection.

Generally pretty happy with the changes although disappointed that we didn't persist with Roma.

Joshy Battle is one lucky puppy, given that he's been a shadow of his pre-injury form since his return and yet has kept his place.

Pre-injury he was averaging 14 disposals, 4.3 marks, 2 goals and 73 ranking points per game, but in his two games since returning he's averaging just 7 disposals, 2 marks, 0.5 goals and 32 ranking points.

Marshall on the other hand in his 3 games since returning is averaging 13 disposals, 6.7 marks, 1 goal and 87 ranking points.

So he's been contributing way more than Josh in their respective returns, yet he's the one who gets the flick.

Imagine he'd be scratching his head a bit at that. What wouldn't make it any easier to swallow is the fact that his omission presumably means that Josh will now take over the back-up rucking, which Rohan is much better at.

Yep my thoughts exactly.

Marshall was a bit stiff but watching that game last week imo we played too tall.

I know battle and membrey have big tanks but they both play like keys and lack some agility.

Membrey is funny he’s 188 but he plays much taller, I remember him as a mark and kick full forward in the u/18s.

I wouldn’t play Marshall, McCartin and Battle in the same forward line. I think despite his size membrey has to be viewed the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup totally. Nothing against Battle but confused by the logic. Since coming back, Battle has also been giving away free's and turnovers like lollies.

Yup totally. Nothing against Battle but confused by the logic. Since coming back, Battle has also been giving away free's and turnovers like lollies.
I'm predicting that Battle "the lollipop man" will have a breakout game tmrw night!
Will be selling candy and feasting like Homer on a gummybear on the Doggies backline!

All our young guys need more time

Without big league experience / a decent run at it they won't improve

Supporters need to be patient cause it ain't gonna happen overnight

Agreed. Marshall included.

People seem to be overrating Marshall because he had a good game against Carlton, he's ordinary against good teams, Battle is a better forward option imo.

Does anyone know what's going on with Austin btw? Is he still injured or was he just overlooked this week?

I'd like to see him in the team as I reckon he's a better long term key defender option than Brown and he's also in my Supercoach team so I need him back.

People seem to be overrating Marshall because he had a good game against Carlton, he's ordinary against good teams, Battle is a better forward option imo.

Does anyone know what's going on with Austin btw? Is he still injured or was he just overlooked this week?

I'd like to see him in the team as I reckon he's a better long term key defender option than Brown and he's also in my Supercoach team so I need him back.
He returned from injury this week. They must have felt he wasnt ready for a full game yet.

Thanks for all the feedback legends.

We've got all afternoon to waste down there so we might walk up to the CBD or South Bank :thumbsu:

I'm usually in Melbourne with the hugs and kisses or a group of mates, so if I'm not looking for a bar I'm usually looking for the strippers. Bit of a different experience.
Kittens in South Melbourne ;)

“Touch, but don’t taste”

:D

I think they would have gone with Battle over Marshall in part because of Battle's tackling, but Battle has to take some grabs, kick some goals and probably win some hit-outs this weekend and that's going to be tough.
To be brutally fair & honest, Marshall does more than Paddy... And there’s no way Paddy would have been dropped with the numbers RoMa has put up over the last 3 games

With current line up if they click we could easily win the last 4 games - Dogs , Bombers , Hawks and Roo's are all beatable and with the class we have in the side with Gresham , Steele , Billings , Hunter , Coffield , Freeman , Sinclair , Acres , Battle , McKenzie gives us far more run and carry and would worry any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back