Review Round 20, 2019: Box Hill Hawks v Northern Blues, 18 August 2019, 12.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Gunner trade bait with the way Matty Walker is developing?, next year could be ready to make the step up has loads of talent from what I've seen will give us some x factor that perhaps Jack can't provide anymore. Interesting times ahead.

Is Gunner trade bait with the way Matty Walker is developing?, next year could be ready to make the step up has loads of talent from what I've seen will give us some x factor that perhaps Jack can't provide anymore. Interesting times ahead.

Interesting times ahead indeed. I see Walker as more of a Breust replacement than Gunners, but Gunners hasn't given much this year.
Our fwd line struggled w/ the same old look this yr, it wasn't until Hanrahan was given a crack that it started to look fresh & vibrant and less predictable.
Would probably need GC to make a real tempting offer for him to not be at hawks next yr.. don't see any other clubs chasing him (Dees maybe).

If BHH can keep on winning, do we think Roughie keeps playing VFL finals beyond next week ?

No.

They play totally different roles and are totally different players at lot like like chalk and cheese really.

The closest thing to Jack at BH is Ross but he lacks the opportunistic cleverness, endurance, body, and footballing intelligence.

Q1Q2Q3Q4
Box Hill Hawks1.2-86.9-457.13-5510.22-82
Northern Blues2.5-173.9-278.14-628.17-65

BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: M. Walker 3, J. Ross 2, V. Adduci, M. Doreian, N. Boucher, L. Walker, N. Mullenger-Mchugh
Best Players: J. Cousins, J. Scrimshaw, B. Kilpatrick, D. Mirra, A. Moore, J. Ross
NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: C. Polson 2, S. Fisher, T. De Koning, A. Fasolo, M. Owies, A. Phillips, J. Palmer
Best Players: K. Quirk, T. De Koning, D. Cuningham, H. Goddard, L. Stocker, C. Polson

Conor Glass was injured in the first quarter [possible hip and more precaution] and Harry Morrison was injured in the first 2 minutes of the third quarter [possible loosened teeth and jaw] so with 2 rotations down for half a game it was a good win. The breeze was worth five goals although it was tricky when kicking for goal.

Mathew Walker is certainly a very exciting prospect with his strong marking and good disposal. Cousins work rate was very good however his ball use needs more work. Scrimshaw was very good linking up for run and carry and he used the ball well. Mirra was rock solid in defense and Brand defended well. Koschitzke was again more about quality than quantity with signs of good reading and footy smarts. Miles was good with his evasion and setting up play. Greaves was good in the one on one contests and used the ball very well. Pitto competed strongly against Lobbe, Phillips and DeKonning. The windy conditions were difficult but I'd like him to take more marks. Ross has good skills and kicked two good goals.
Doreian was very good with his run and carry against the breeze in the first quarter, Boucher had a good second quarter and DeWit had a terrific last quarter. Kilpatrick and Moore had good games. Mascitti defended well and Meadows was strong at the stoppages.

TEAMPWLDBForAgstPTS
Richmond18162021550114464
Footscray17133131550105454
Williamstown17133131406113954
Essendon17125031574112848
Port Melbourne18107121552139942
Werribee17107031535120040
Geelong17107031393116240
Casey Demons1899021211118336
Box Hill Hawks1788131337121134

Casey have a bye so we need a win or a draw to finish in 8th position.

Walker’s game is based on flying for marks- and he is very good st it. Needs to work on getting more involved and defensive game in 2020 and should be a great Jamie Elliot type in 2021.

Interesting times ahead indeed. I see Walker as more of a Breust replacement than Gunners, but Gunners hasn't given much this year.
Our fwd line struggled w/ the same old look this yr, it wasn't until Hanrahan was given a crack that it started to look fresh & vibrant and less predictable.
Would probably need GC to make a real tempting offer for him to not be at hawks next yr.. don't see any other clubs chasing him (Dees maybe).

If BHH can keep on winning, do we think Roughie keeps playing VFL finals beyond next week ?
Yes Roughie will play finals.

Casey squeaked a win against Frankston by six points (4.14.38 to 4.8.32) while Port Melbourne easily accounted for Sandringham (13.9.87 to 7.9.51).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zlFDU3V.png

IEUf0cs.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back