Review Round 20, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Who were your five best players against Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel it’s a little bit rich posters suggesting we missed out on percentage. Dogs are a dangerous side and we have been up for a long time. Bank the four points and be very happy with that!

Yeah you won't be hearing that from me LOL. I was shitting myself when they got on their run. 4 points was all we needed. Next week however... hahaha

Dogs where more in it the first half then the scoreboard showed.
Had flashbacks to Blues game when up by 43 and started getting cute again.
Then Bont took it up a gear or two or 10 and was honestly worried.
I do think we need to look for a player who can shutdown someone. Bont and Cripps destroyed us.
Dogs had a big 10 mins. Then arm wrestle again. We took our time and Hippy kicked straight.

Player wise Charlie great, Martin tried all day, Berry, Neale and McCluggage stepped up. Answerth been a find.
Rich,Bailey, Dizzy, Andrews.. Should I name them all. even performance.
Players in and out during the game.
I think McCarthy going to have a nightmare tonight on the missed goal.

McStay has seriously good skills except for his goal kicking and is just doing the little things well except for that. I think cos he's such a flat field kick he is worried about the man on the mark and just leans back to get elevation.
Would not be good for his confidence if people ran past him when his 20-30m out. Although you rather someone did :)
When Hippy passed I was no you should of kicked it yourself. Hipwood can be 50-50 from shots himself :)

What about Stef in the last quarter. We were being towelled up in close so he decided to just out muscle English, get the ball and boot it forward. That's what senior players do.

Bont and Macrae killed us all day and we were very poor in the centre square in the first half, but our defence doesn't leak goals easily any more. Answerth continued to impress and maybe he will be the rising star this week.

Berry's best game. Hipwood very good and looks over his injury. Charlie had another game that reeks of All Australian.

I hope today serves as a wake up call. Come finals we can’t afford passengers, particularly in the forward line and we can’t afford to be missing shots on goal from 25 metres out directly in front. Great games from Robinson, Berry, Martin, Lyons, Neale, Zorko, Cameron, Christensen and Hipwood.

Even with a win against GC, we can still miss out - GWS percentage is better than ours.

Yeah, I just saw that. They have 3 games they should win on the way home. We need to win 2 of 3 to absolutely assure top 4. Or, they need to lose one. Had they lost to Sydney yesterday, or port the week before, it would be sealed.

Never take your foot of a snakes head ! We did lapse and gave them an inch , that's all those annoying dogs need
But sometimes you need to win ugly and they have been a huge pain in our arse , so it's all good

Pity schacke didn't get a good tap between the eyes as a friendly reminder he got off the bus

Robbo is bloody fantastic , well done to the defence and hippy and Cameron looked good. Mids were off just a bit

Well done lads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtaf Richy, 17 disposals for 17 kicks. That kick of his from the wing over the top to set up Charlie in front of goal in the 3rd qtr was just sublime!

Another fantastic win. No stand outs just winningly playing as a team. Unselfish acts. Everyone doing their role.

Hippy much better tonight. Cameron dangerous as ever. Mitch superb first half. Gardiner and Answerth a wall down back. Stef and Big O both played well. Berry was probably our best though. Won 50/50 balls and ran hard. Credit to Bundy who has been a revelation since returning to the side.

Hoping Zorko misses just the one week.

About time we beat those bastards. Sick of losing to them.

The run continues 7 straight with Suns.

Now go Aussies in the cricket.

I feel it’s a little bit rich posters suggesting we missed out on percentage. Dogs are a dangerous side and we have been up for a long time. Bank the four points and be very happy with that!

Hell yeah, we should be very happy with the 4 points against a dangerous side. Boy I was nervous when they kicked four in a row late in third and Zorko on the ice pack😨

Sorry boys, was as mad as a cut plate in the second half.
The only person I've carded for shits and giggles was Haso, and it was absolutely worth it.

Umps where not bad although Dogs got 170 handballs although I say at least 20% where not legal. They get away with that every week.
Nothing gets said about it. Pretty sure Bont threw three in a short passage even Dwayne picked up.
Them and Sydney's drop to advantage... painful for other supporters.

They almost had to stop play due to your literal shaking almost bringing down the GABBA.

I was just sick of losing to the Bulldogs

Not the percentage booster that it looked like being, but a win is a win. In the end, we were very efficient in front of goal and I think that made the biggest difference.

When was the last time we won 7 in a row? Also, how many hoodoos have we put to bed this season?
Round 15 - 21 2002

Back