Review Round 20, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Who were your five best players against Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Umps where not bad although Dogs got 170 handballs although I say at least 20% where not legal. They get away with that every week.
Nothing gets said about it. Pretty sure Bont threw three in a short passage even Dwayne picked up.

Been getting away with it for years now.

Commentators were wetting themselves tonight about the Dogs winning clearances and contested ball. They should win it ever week - they have 10 players around every contest. If the opposition gets it out the Dogs are in trouble as they have everyone committed to the contest.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Never take your foot of a snakes head ! We did lapse and gave them an inch , that's all those annoying dogs need
But sometimes you need to win ugly and they have been a huge pain in our arse , so it's all good

Pity schacke didn't get a good tap between the eyes as a friendly reminder he got off the bus

Robbo is bloody fantastic , well done to the defence and hippy and Cameron looked good. Mids were off just a bit

Well done lads
Agree, I’ll take the win but I could be a case of being spoilt lately but I don’t think it was a comprehensive win. Our attack at the man and ball at times was awesome but there were patches where they moved the ball way too easily.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Think Bundy has earned a new contract after his last few weeks.

Hopefully Zorks is ok. No wonder we looked a little lost when he went off, had the same midfield group since the start of the season. Looked more settled after Berry went in and it was a nice block of Bonts handpass that allowed Lyons' quick kick to Hippy in the last.

Just gonna post this again for people who missed it.....

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D
Probably time to give it a break.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I went with a Fab 5 of Mitch Robinson, Charlie Cameron, Stefan Martin, Jarrod Berry and Noah Answerth.

1- Have to be satisfied with that, you can't expect to dominate for the whole game against a side as good as the Dogs who had absolutely everything to play for, they were always going to get a run at it.
2- How great were Mitch and Cam's tackles and bumps, crowd and team lifting stuff, awesome. No need to worry folks we have a gun on our hands in Rayner, he has the desire for the contest and you can't coach that, the rest will come
3- Jarrod Berry really working into the season now.
4- Charlie is just too fast for any defender in the league, a huge weapon for us
5- We don't rely on a few players, Neale and Lyons were down in the 1st half but we still dominated.
6- Noah Answerth, I can't believe he slid that far in the draft, surely a rising star nomination coming this week.
7- Marcus Adams getting better by the week.
8- Comfortably held on in the end with our captain on the bench, great signs

Would not be good for his confidence if people ran past him when his 20-30m out. Although you rather someone did :)
When Hippy passed I was no you should of kicked it yourself. Hipwood can be 50-50 from shots himself :)

On a positive spin to it ... if you expect Daniel to miss then it doesn't hurt so much and you can be pleasantly surprised it it it a goal! But yes I didn't think he should have passed it (the fact that Hipwood was my goal kicking comp choice this week was, of course, beside the point ;) )

So who is it this week that's stopping Noah Answerth from getting a nomination ? Could have got the nod any time in the last 10 rounds ! Fantastic piece of work by the underrated Lions recruiting team.
Keep it down mate the managers want more money !

Fagenslions36

All Australian
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mcstay goal kicking is a dead set liability . Told my father in law he would either hit the post or pull it to the left and he is like don’t be ridiculous he is 30 metres out directly in front it’s a certainty . What happened ? ?? Seriously the guy is as mentally soft as butter how can you consistently miss from that distance he should have 45 odd goals for season I reckon I have seen about 20 misses this year from about the same spot from him

74f3cc3a7971dcc426eefc2c681f79f9.jpg

35ed1426ea57542e13be1c4e6ee8ff22.jpg

Amazing first half. Like, scary good. That should send a message to the rest of the competition. Mitch, Stef, Charles, Harris and and Dizzy Gardiner for mine.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Bonts is a helluva player but gets a lot of latitude from the umps.

I'll have to look at the replay to check, but there was an incident in the last quarter where he appeared to be red hot caught HTB, lost it in the tackle but still managed to get a free for "holding".:huh:

The crowd went nuts at the time .

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I get frustrated as anyone else when we do a few things wrong but for the majority of all games we do most things right.

The game has become more random that it ever has so what you need is all of your players committed to every contest and I can't think of one player in our team who ever shirks a contest.

We've become more adept at controlling the ebb and flow of the game . In a lot of ways the Carlton game was the best thing that ever happened to us because it made the guys aware of what can happen when you drop off even for a few minutes.

Really proud of every player who put the jumper on today.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A real shame but I think Neale will have to have a really strong finish to be all Australian. Looked a lock before the port game.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A real shame but I think Neale will have to have a really strong finish to be all Australian. Looked a lock before the port game.
Neale is going to be one of the first 5 or 6 players picked.

Played all games in a top 4 side. Many outstanding games . No poor ones .Our best player.

You on the turps tonight Jackess ?

Back