Review Round 20, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Who were your five best players against Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurts not to get the %
Percentage Suns next week.

In all seriousness, if we beat the Suns and Geelong, we might not need to worry about percentage anyway.

As for tonight, seriously underrated team performance. Once Zorko went down, the Dogs threw their best punch at us and we resisted. Super proud of the boys and happy to see a decent crowd see our 7th win in a row!

My heart won’t be able to handle finals though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Went with Robinson (for his first half), Berry probably our best mid, Stef was good around the ground, Charlie almost the difference in the end and Hipwood played a great game.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very weird feeling after the game. After the last 10 years you’d think we’d be happy with any win but when we had the chance to bury them and put some percentage on the board we crumbled. Oh well I guess can’t complain to much with a 14-5 record but can’t do that in finals and expect to get away with it.

Last edited:

Athlonxp

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A very even performance.
It’s a significant sign in our journey and development this year that we keep winning all kinds of different games under different conditions too 👍
The team is working together...that’s what you want to be the best!

And that Mitch Robbo hanger!!!!!

a) Thank god Zorko sounds ok - kind of like Witherden last week.
b) Thank god we've got Berry both stashed in the forward line and also signed basically indefinitely, so we don't have to worry about him leaving due to lack of opportunity. He's a massive gun yet still our 5th best midfield option.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Not the percentage booster that it looked like being, but a win is a win. In the end, we were very efficient in front of goal and I think that made the biggest difference.

When was the last time we won 7 in a row? Also, how many hoodoos have we put to bed this season?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Should we give Linc a rest or wait until the break before the finals?

He was great after the bye but has dropped off again.

Looking forward to next week - my first win at the Gabba since 2006 hopefully? It's been a long time since I've looked forward to coming up for much beyond the "game experience".

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm just happy to get the four points.

Bontempelli was BOG by daylight ,he's some player.

Stef was our best imo. Gave everything all day ,great work around the ground. Once again he'll probably not get the accolades.

Hippy was excellent today . Robbo likewise. Liked Answerths game , Darce ,Rich really steady ,Charlie stood up in key moments ,Bez improving ,Clug usual good game.

We had a few guys not up to their usual standard so it's nice to get the win

Bloody ZoBlitz. Creates a poll where you can only vote for four... and no one voted before me to have a vent at him so I can take credit for fixing. :mad:
That's the most you've done around here for a while anyway.

Back