Preview Round 20, 2019: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 2 August 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cegs has to go out, Pop should go out also...

CJ and TOB in... Play Silk as a pressure forward and leave him for some 1v1s, let CJ play the Impey role.

Mega like, and can't believe TOB-IN from Tige reads as normal and common sense.o_O
I'd love Silk to play FF the rest of this year and all next, reckon we could tease 50 goals out of him and his wizardry even at the slowing of the great man.
Time to set CJ free too.

Cegs has to go out, Pop should go out also...

CJ and TOB in... Play Silk as a pressure forward and leave him for some 1v1s, let CJ play the Impey role.

Glad to see you don't stick to old whipping boys!

I genuinely think Lewis, O'Brien, Nash as three mobile talls is an extremely dangerous prospect. Particularly when you throw Breust and Gunston into the mix, all we need is for a bit more pressure to sure up rebounds and we're sweet.

Um, I can’t see this elsewhere. I believe that this week Shaun becomes the most capped indigenous player ever, at 373 games.

I, personally, would like to thank Shaun for being incredible, for giving me so much pleasure, for being silk. I still love you, really hope that your boys get up for you this week, and that you just keep on going.

Thanks Shaun.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Glad to see you don't stick to old whipping boys!

I genuinely think Lewis, O'Brien, Nash as three mobile talls is an extremely dangerous prospect. Particularly when you throw Breust and Gunston into the mix, all we need is for a bit more pressure to sure up rebounds and we're sweet.

This is the thing that gets under my goat here.. 100% of the time I’ll put my hand up and say “I got it wrong”, also, none of my opinion is personal like so many would like to think.

I was very critical of TOB, it is frustration as much as anything due to his obvious physical abilities. He has a ways to go but the signs are really positive and I’m super happy for the guy. Long live his reign!

Good luck Burgers you superstar.
Just watched the past and present indigenous players pay tribute to the great man!
Fantastic effort by the club to collaborate a gathering of indigenous greats to get together.
Truely blessed to get to have this man at our wonderful club.

In: goals
Out: behinds

Have i done that right?

Not quite...

IN: Mitchell, Coniglio, Patton, Greenwood, Impey, Scrimshaw, O’Brien

OUT: Birchall, Puopolo, Ceglar, Smith, Nash, Hanrahan, Howe

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Scully

HF: Wingard, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Impey

R: McEvoy, Coniglio, O’Meara

INT: Shiels, Burgoyne, Worpel, Greenwood

Too soon? :$

We might not playing in the finals, but let's turn up to Marvel stadium on Friday night to celebrate Shaun "Silk" Burgoyne 373 games.

I was crying watching this clip. Chad is a Hawks, Impey... how we missed him last week. Anyway it's a replacement game and the club send out messages on how to upgrade to reserved with $15. See you all there :)

hawkguru

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Please win for this guy!! How many times has the great one got us out of jail? He literally lowers my heartrate with ball in hand. Best multi position player I've ever seen Congrats Shaun

images (3).jpeg

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is the thing that gets under my goat here.. 100% of the time I’ll put my hand up and say “I got it wrong”, also, none of my opinion is personal like so many would like to think.

I was very critical of TOB, it is frustration as much as anything due to his obvious physical abilities. He has a ways to go but the signs are really positive and I’m super happy for the guy. Long live his reign!
Well done mate

Not quite...

IN: Mitchell, Coniglio, Patton, Greenwood, Impey, Scrimshaw, O’Brien

OUT: Birchall, Puopolo, Ceglar, Smith, Nash, Hanrahan, Howe

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Scully

HF: Wingard, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Impey

R: McEvoy, Coniglio, O’Meara

INT: Shiels, Burgoyne, Worpel, Greenwood

Too soon? :$
You're having Whitfield play VFL this week? What is wrong with you?

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
We might not playing in the finals, but let's turn up to Marvel stadium on Friday night to celebrate Shaun "Silk" Burgoyne 373 games.

I was crying watching this clip. Chad is a Hawks, Impey... how we missed him last week. Anyway it's a replacement game and the club send out messages on how to upgrade to reserved with $15. See you all there :)

One notable absentee from the group that was assembled to celebrate this mighty achievement, the current record holder! Not sure if there is history between the two of them, anyone shed some light there?

I don't want to turn this in to an 'Adam Goodes' thing, but these are the sorts of things I'd expect a great leader to attend, unless of course the Burgoyne's didn't want him there.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
out: Cegs, Poppy/Howe
in: TOB, Cj/Ross/Walker

I'm stoked that people seem genuinely excited to see timmy-o back in, and massively happy that people seem to want Nash in.
I think Poppy/Howe make way for a debutant this week.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Out: Ceglar
In: ToB

Poppy stays, not the week for debuts. Big Congrats to Silk, sign him up for 3 years!
With Poppy, stop kicking it on top of his head. Take a leaf from lions book and just kick it to space and let pop get his pistons going and do his thing. The delivery to him is shite so output is the same

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

One notable absentee from the group that was assembled to celebrate this mighty achievement, the current record holder! Not sure if there is history between the two of them, anyone shed some light there?

I don't want to turn this in to an 'Adam Goodes' thing, but these are the sorts of things I'd expect a great leader to attend, unless of course the Burgoyne's didn't want him there.
:rolleyes: I mean apart from the fact he mentioned Goodes in his interview...... I didn't see Buddy or Cyril there, or his brother, not everyone can make these sorts of events

I imagine there were many more invited but simply weren't able to attend. Events that are mid-week and interstate aren't exactly going to be the easiest to get to.

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
:rolleyes: I mean apart from the fact he mentioned Goodes in his interview...... I didn't see Buddy or Cyril there, or his brother, not everyone can make these sorts of events

Yeah, fair enough, but was just asking, as I wasn't sure if there was a reason behind the no show! Not sure my post deserved the eye rolls.

Buddy and Cyril don't hold the record though do they? Just my opinion that it would have been nice to have Goodes there to 'hand over the baton'. Perhaps he will be there Friday night.

The mention of Goodes was very brief as a player he is passing in terms of games played along with Wanganeen, O'Loughlin etc.

I imagine there were many more invited but simply weren't able to attend. Events that are mid-week and interstate aren't exactly going to be the easiest to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back