Preview Round 20, 2019: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 2 August 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, fair enough, but was just asking, as I wasn't sure if there was a reason behind the no show! Not sure my post deserved the eye rolls.

Buddy and Cyril don't hold the record though do they? Just my opinion that it would have been nice to have Goodes there to 'hand over the baton'. Perhaps he will be there Friday night.

The mention of Goodes was very brief as a player he is passing in terms of games played along with Wanganeen, O'Loughlin etc.
The eye roll was for the maybe they didn't want him there comment.

Gaston

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2014
in the outer with anticipation
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We might not playing in the finals, but let's turn up to Marvel stadium on Friday night to celebrate Shaun "Silk" Burgoyne 373 games.

I was crying watching this clip. Chad is a Hawks, Impey... how we missed him last week. Anyway it's a replacement game and the club send out messages on how to upgrade to reserved with $15. See you all there :)

Was it just me or did Shaun appear to have bedroom eyes for his boyhood hero Wanganeen?

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Doesn't change the player he was. Like James Hird superstar player what happened after doesn't matter to how good he was as a player

James Hird was in the Sun in the year of his Brownlow medal with his new personal coach Shane Charter or Dean Robinson.

That does change the player he was. He never ever went near the number of possessions that year or really played in the midfield again unless it was cameo performances ever again.

Hird had a history of hanging out with that crew as did Thompson (there's even an argument 84/85 should be reversed based on Thompson's contacts during that time) Could Hird play s**t yeah... was it because he had football ability well s**t yeah, was he so good at the best level based on pure football ability... given his contacts and inability to run through the midfield ever again in his career full time. It's fair to say s**t NO!

James Hird was in the Sun in the year of his Brownlow medal with his new personal coach Shane Charter or Dean Robinson.

That does change the player he was. He never ever went near the number of possessions that year or really played in the midfield again unless it was cameo performances ever again.

Hird had a history of hanging out with that crew as did Thompson (there's even an argument 84/85 should be reversed based on Thompson's contacts during that time) Could Hird play s**t yeah... was it because he had football ability well s**t yeah, was he so good at the best level based on pure football ability... given his contacts and inability to run through the midfield ever again in his career full time. It's fair to say s**t NO!
Naah James Hird was a great footballer

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Did hird have a unofficial drug ban?

There was planty of talk going round before the game he played and got injured then had a teary on the bench

The talk was that it would happen and hed be out for x weeks. Mood swings too

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
The change is as expected, wasn't expecting wholesale changes. I'm just glad to see Timmy back in which is an odd feeling.

I worry somewhat about our backline it's as slow as a wet week without Impey. I love Hardwick overall but he's not fast of the mark. So if he's third fastest down there it's fine as his other attributes cover that but if he or Stratton are supposed to be 1 and 2 we've been in trouble.

We did try Izzy early but immediately moved him to Robinson last week that fared probably worse we were still on top early, even though Robbo was getting the footy. Don't watch NM much to know who has footspeed up forward but if they have it that could be our Achilles tomorrow night much like it was last week.

Maybe we could select box 'X' and say Chad have you ever thought about being a HBF for a day, or Pup remember when you were a back pocket.... your getting old let's see how it goes we are in slowness desperation down there. I'd say Frawley's the fastest in reaction time by a country mile at the moment. Sicily doesn't have to be he's like the matrix he already knows where it's going. But one of them takes the big key forward and the other gets a player who is told to run away from the footy.

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great to have Timmy O back. Interested to see where he lines up.

These campaigners will go the niggle. They always do against us. Hopefully Sicily doesn’t get sucked in.

Would be great to smash them whether we end up playing finals or not. One of my most hated opposition sides.

Go Hawks!

MattRat

Senior List
Jul 4, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
This is the thing that gets under my goat here.. 100% of the time I’ll put my hand up and say “I got it wrong”, also, none of my opinion is personal like so many would like to think.

I was very critical of TOB, it is frustration as much as anything due to his obvious physical abilities. He has a ways to go but the signs are really positive and I’m super happy for the guy. Long live his reign!

He's starting to fill the measure of that number on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back